Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
How can you hate Dan? Hes literally the best Bomber!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wootman posted:

How can you hate Dan? Hes literally the best Bomber!

its still vinny

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It gets good when he gets repeatedly invaded by the same dude with the scraping spear who wrecks all his gear

Vinny playing was so much more fun.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

its still vinny

Yeah, vinny on the GotY stuff made me realize how much I miss him and Jeff interacting with each other.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brad is cute

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

"So a scared mom and a dude on PCP have the same amount of strength" - Dan Ryckert, phd

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

NienNunb posted:

Brad is cute

Brad fat

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Dan made me mad for the first couple weeks until I learned to love his exuberance and childlike opinions

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BKPR posted:

Dan made me mad for the first couple weeks until I learned to love his exuberance and childlike opinions

Everybody has to break out of their internet-encouraged "angry at the world" shell some time

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dan is thinking about getting a vasectomy. Sorry ladies.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Everybody has to break out of their internet-encouraged "angry at the world" shell some time

Please don't, the internet is a safe place.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Machai posted:

Dan is thinking about getting a vasectomy. Sorry babies.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish Dan was my dad

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Watching Dan be super competitive during the Rabbids Invasion QL while Jeff just kinda halfheartedly did everything was great.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

You do? Wasnt there a podcast where he enumerated all the disowned pets he adopted on a lark & then decided he didnt want.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Machai posted:

Dan is thinking about getting a vasectomy. Sorry ladies.

He'd save a lot more money just dropping kids off at the fire department.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sir John Feelgood posted:

You do? Wasnt there a podcast where he enumerated all the disowned pets he adopted on a lark & then decided he didnt want.

He found good homes for them instead of taking them to the pound

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He basically just threw them to the curb lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

He basically just threw them to the curb lol

he didn't tho

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
He diligently found good homes for them, including his own coworkers.

Dan is carefree; he is not indifferent, blasé or negligent.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jeff making GBS threads all over the WWE choose your own adventure thing was amazing

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Watching Dan be super competitive during the Rabbids Invasion QL while Jeff just kinda halfheartedly did everything was great.

this has been every video since Dan joined
giantbomb is basically the Dan Ryckert show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Good

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

this has been every video since Dan joined
giantbomb is basically the Dan Ryckert show

i'm actually looking forward to the next mario party

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How problematic do you think Patrick thinks Dan is?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

dan's insistence that games should be fun forced patrick to the greener pastures of gawker media

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i liked when they had to scream at the rabbids game to win

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i liked when they had to scream at the rabbids game to win

I recently watched the Kinect launch videos and hearing Jeff yell MURDER ME!!!!!!!!!! was quite epic.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

NienNunb posted:

Ostensibly severely

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

NienNunb posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the 4000 word tell all post on his tumblr about how it was the reason he quit.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Rannos22 posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the 4000 word tell all post on his tumblr about how it was the reason he quit.

Three thousand, nine hundred, and fifty of those words will be about how grateful he is to Ryan and Jeff and how he understands why they choose to hire Dan and he still loves those guys and GB, then the last fifty words will just be "problematic" in increasingly incorrect and disjointed spellings.

Kind of like the FFT L I T T L E M O N E Y.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mp5 posted:

Ostensibly severely

I dunno about ostensibly, back when Dan and Jason were first hired Patrick was retweeting people complaining about how GB hired two white guys

The poo poo Dan gets really bugs me. It's cool to hold strong opinions on stuff and care about social issues, that's great, but I feel like the capacity to realize that not everyone has to care about your issues all the time has gone away. If you say something a little ignorant you're not just an average person who's not well versed on the issues, you're an active enemy.

Like, the other day I saw someone on these forums call Dan a racist for saying "I don't get why people hate the TSA so much, every time I've been through security lines I haven't had any issues".

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 11, 2015

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Ah, you know, people on the Internet yelling about stuff. You can't take it too seriously. Lots of people just need to vent. Just ignore it and stick with your own kind.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rest in peace friend of the site jeffrey green. He died as he lived: being lost in a video game despite it being a single hallway.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I dunno about ostensibly, back when Dan and Jason were first hired Patrick was retweeting people complaining about how GB hired two white guys

The poo poo Dan gets really bugs me. It's cool to hold strong opinions on stuff and care about social issues, that's great, but I feel like the capacity to realize that not everyone has to care about your issues all the time has gone away. If you say something a little ignorant you're not just an average person who's not well versed on the issues, you're an active enemy.

Like, the other day I saw someone on these forums call Dan a racist for saying "I don't get why people hate the TSA so much, every time I've been through security lines I haven't had any issues".
I like these people because if you actually cared about social issues, you'd think you would try to educate people on them instead of considering everyone who doesn't know as much as you a piece of poo poo. "Dan doesn't understand an issue that doesn't really affect him, so I better call him a racist instead of explaining the problem to him!"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gullah jack posted:

I like these people because if you actually cared about social issues, you'd think you would try to educate people on them instead of considering everyone who doesn't know as much as you a piece of poo poo. "Dan doesn't understand an issue that doesn't really affect him, so I better call him a racist instead of explaining the problem to him!"

It's no one's job to educate an idiot, is the answer to that. The real thing to note, is those guys are complaining on a forum full of other white middle class+ dudes, like Patrick Klepek, who made one of the most frivolous money wastes in the world his job. He doesn't really suck because of that so much as he's just insanely not funny, and is extremely trite. Farewell.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I like giant bomb, the website

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

I like giant bomb, the website

I don't like their website but their videos are pretty good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Klepek opens up txt editing software on Apple Computer, in Fixedys Font: The Gender Games: Part 2 & Why I Wish Dragon Age Would Respect My Gay Little Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Klepek opens up txt editing software on Apple Computer, in Fixedys Font: The Gender Games: Part 2 & Why I Wish Dragon Age Would Respect My Gay Little Balls

shut up