Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Yeah, the Command Officer is another primary specialization just like Intel. Which means a whole assortment of new ships and officers for Cryptic to sell at high price to collect in order to actually use the abilities. Presumably you'll be able to get some white-quality command officers from the boff vendors, with probably another one or two in upcoming reps and as lobi prizes in the next lockbox.

As for ships... well, it's not a coincidence they're adding this around the time the Anniversary is hitting. Prepare for a Dyson style freebie with some c-store deluxe extravaganza. :v:

gently caress's sake Cryptic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Did you guys see batshit crazy christian furry ashkrik get a dev smackdown?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21651701&postcount=6

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Do the Winter Event commodities and Q-pictures carry over from year to year?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Pioneer42 posted:

Do the Winter Event commodities and Q-pictures carry over from year to year?

Yup.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Yeah, the Command Officer is another primary specialization just like Intel. Which means a whole assortment of new ships and officers for Cryptic to sell at high price to collect in order to actually use the abilities. Presumably you'll be able to get some white-quality command officers from the boff vendors, with probably another one or two in upcoming reps and as lobi prizes in the next lockbox.

As for ships... well, it's not a coincidence they're adding this around the time the Anniversary is hitting. Prepare for a Dyson style freebie with some c-store deluxe extravaganza. :v:
Aren't they adding a way to add command/intel specs to regular boffs? Any idea what the costs are on that? Or is it another thing which players can't test yet because cryptic doesn't understand how test servers should work.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What was the four year anniversary like? I remember when I started playing back in uh, May or June people were still bitching about it months later.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Berke Negri posted:

What was the four year anniversary like? I remember when I started playing back in uh, May or June people were still bitching about it months later.

The new party popper was ok. I don't even remember the ship.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I've seen some bad pubbies but I'm pretty sure this is the worst

And how much damage does this behemoth do?

I was lucky to get that 11k dps with these morons in my Nova

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Well, at least one good thing has come out of this. I've become disillusioned enough that instead of trying to grind out a Monbosh, I'll just keep tuning up my Excelsior to be the classiest ship on the block.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Preechr posted:

The new party popper was ok. I don't even remember the ship.

Um... was it the dyson ship, or the ambassador?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Um... was it the dyson ship, or the ambassador?

I think it was the freebie suck version of the dyson ship.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Preechr posted:

I think it was the freebie suck version of the dyson ship.

IIRC, wasn't the freebie one the only one that could upgrade to T5U?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Tunicate posted:

IIRC, wasn't the freebie one the only one that could upgrade to T5U?
I believe it was the only one granted a free T5U (9 -> 10 consoles), where the C-Store ones (10 -> 11) needed to be paid for.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lorak posted:

I believe it was the only one granted a free T5U (9 -> 10 consoles), where the C-Store ones (10 -> 11) needed to be paid for.
Yeah, once the event ended the non-fleet Dyson ships got moved to the lobi store too. While there's no reason to buy one when the c-store versions are better (unless you really really want the secondary deflector and warp core I guess) it's technically a lobi ship so it got the free upgrade.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

So... the only energy weapon on that whole thing is a dual beam?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Is the anniversary already over now?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Anniversary is early February.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
God this really makes me want to play again, but I haven't picked up STO since I level-capped the year of its release. I only returned to grind to Vice Admiral after they raised the cap from 40 to 50 and get that special c-store Prometheus when it was brand spanking new, and I haven't gone near the game since.

But this makes it look like a lot of fun again.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Candiru posted:

So... the only energy weapon on that whole thing is a dual beam?

That and the 360 beam in the back.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Haven't played this game in years so it sound likes the best time to come back but then i logged onto my rear admiral engineer commander and had no idea what was going on so I've decided to just make a new character.

Can i get an invite to the chat channel: Frank Harry George Barry Frank @bizzyfizzy

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
I bailed on STO right before DR came out. It wasn't a conscious decision, but after looking over this thread, my god.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Of course there's people mourning the loss of those lovely missions (for romulan players only).

Of course.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Next up: Fill your ship with refined dilithum so you can fly places and do missions.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

Of course there's people mourning the loss of those lovely missions (for romulan players only).

Of course.

Me and Zaichal just re-ran all of them for the accolades, which made us want to die.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Dely Apple posted:

Next up: Fill your ship with refined dilithum so you can fly places and do missions.

No you can fly there for free it just takes 20 hrs. You can also pay 18k dil to skip the wait! You have so many options it's great!

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

This is literally the canon definition of what dilithium is for.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

kafziel posted:

This is literally the canon definition of what dilithium is for.

And....now you just sold all the pubbies on the idea. If they will argue for years over tiny little details on a ship model, see them argue for that.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Some pubbie was arguing in the test server forum how it is such an injustice to remove those missions (for romulans) because for years he has grown to love them running them over and over.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Good grief. The moment I think about reinstalling STO for the first time since a short bit after the Species 8472 stuff, I read up on the latest changes and back away. Is PWE trying to make "shoot spaceships until they explode" as obtuse and grindy as possible?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

Only 500 dil to change ships!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So instead of logging in, all this dil cost has caused me to drink heavily. Thank you Cryptic. :razz:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Good grief. The moment I think about reinstalling STO for the first time since a short bit after the Species 8472 stuff, I read up on the latest changes and back away. Is PWE trying to make "shoot spaceships until they explode" as obtuse and grindy as possible?

Yes.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Axe-man posted:

So instead of logging in, all this dil cost has caused me to drink heavily. Thank you Cryptic. :razz:

I did both! Then took a nap!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
This is a great thread, both page 1 and 2

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1346661

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I've been thinking way too hard concerning the Plesh Bek Frigates for the Sar Theln Carrier.

From the energy credit version to the dil version is a straight upgrade, all things considered. From there to the fleet version is what's questionable. You don't receive an upgrade to offensive potential, because you stay with Cannon Rapid Fire 2/High Yield 2. Tachyon Beam 1, even times four, is a joke vs even Advanced vessels, to say nothing of Elite vessels. And I'm uncertain of the Energy Dissipater-is it the Energy Siphon-a-like, or the torpedo-a-like with the same name? And would it even matter?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I have this overwhelming urge to reach through my monitor and slap the dick out of stoleviathan's mouth. Again.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If I'm just starting STO how long can I ride this train until I hit this train wreck thats been created, sounds like its mostly around the end game?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
It is mostly end game, so about a week of casual play.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
In which Tacofangs compares the DR complaint sigs to racist jokes. If Tacofangs actually does understand all the complaints and just isn't allowed to address them because of company policy, then he's being amazingly disingenous in his posting lately.

Also, comparing complaining about an MMO to racism is just :psyduck: on a level that puts the worst STO spergs to shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Bloodly posted:

I've been thinking way too hard concerning the Plesh Bek Frigates for the Sar Theln Carrier.

From the energy credit version to the dil version is a straight upgrade, all things considered. From there to the fleet version is what's questionable. You don't receive an upgrade to offensive potential, because you stay with Cannon Rapid Fire 2/High Yield 2. Tachyon Beam 1, even times four, is a joke vs even Advanced vessels, to say nothing of Elite vessels. And I'm uncertain of the Energy Dissipater-is it the Energy Siphon-a-like, or the torpedo-a-like with the same name? And would it even matter?

If you intend to fly the Breen carrier for a while then go ahead and get the elite fleet figates. If you've got like a Recluse or something to go back to then the EC store frigates are more than good enough for just grinding out the strait.

• Locked thread