Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Oh god, Lagoon music. That's a PTSD trigger if ever I heard one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
the animals are dyin cloud

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

DARPA Dad posted:

the animals are dyin cloud

Save the animals is still ahead by about 9k it looks like.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It'll be almost four in the morning when Super Metroid starts so the fate of the animals will have to remain unknown to me.

Schrödinger's animals

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Zurreco posted:

gently caress me. I haven't eaten all day and I need to grab some food but I don't want to miss TASbot 2 or FF7. Do we have an ETA on this broken% and/or set up time?

If nothing has changed since the last time I watched a FF7 they still have to do midgar the intended way. It gets pretty crazy afterwards but the first hour or so is a perfect time to get food.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pi9xgOXvTs

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Midgar is the best area in the game it is only right that it doesn't get skipped. :colbert:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
"HEEEEY"

The hell was that.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ncBDEe_B8

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Nalesh posted:

"HEEEEY"

The hell was that.

ysg's death moan

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Sorced posted:

If nothing has changed since the last time I watched a FF7 they still have to do midgar the intended way. It gets pretty crazy afterwards but the first hour or so is a perfect time to get food.

It's exactly the same. I'm not sure why this thread's been going crazy over it, since the whole thing's just exploiting a new glitch that flings you to the end of the game. I mean, it's kinda neat just because someone found a new glitch in FF7 after all these years, but I don't think it's really the super amazing thing people keep hyping in this thread. It was worth watching a 3 min youtube video about, but I don't really care about watching the whole thing now

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New PB :toot:

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I'm really excited that SquareEnix let this speed runner give us a speedrun of the PS4 edition of Final Fantasy VII.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

you da real mvp

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzdF4zj_V1M

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

MrTheDevious posted:

It's exactly the same. I'm not sure why this thread's been going crazy over it, since the whole thing's just exploiting a new glitch that flings you to the end of the game. I mean, it's kinda neat just because someone found a new glitch in FF7 after all these years, but I don't think it's really the super amazing thing people keep hyping in this thread. It was worth watching a 3 min youtube video about, but I don't really care about watching the whole thing now

You're really exaggerating the thread "going crazy" over it. Besides I doubt most people have seen a FFVII speedrun in the first place so the exact time when a glitch is found and whatnot is pretty irrelevant.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, the PC version. I have this, back when it was released in a big ol' cardboard box. This'll be fun.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

GDQmonitor knows the Follin strats. Too stronk

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Tim Follin% :rock:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is this Silver Surfer music?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Oh god, I forgot the midi music is awful in this port.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Strong couch

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
PC New Game+?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

IO SIGNA

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Obs tech fail :/ gj for fixing it ua .

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
UA saves the day. Again.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
UA lookin good with the beard.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Kanfy posted:

You're really exaggerating the thread "going crazy" over it. Besides I doubt most people have seen a FFVII speedrun in the first place so the exact time when a glitch is found and whatnot is pretty irrelevant.

What? People have been talking about how awesome it is for this entire thread. When it was found is the ONLY interesting thing about it. Other than that, it only works on PC and all it does is abuse a memory bug to skip past 90% of the game, big woop

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

theultimo posted:

Oh god, I forgot the midi music is awful in this port.

I think they added the actual PS audio to this rerelease, but the default is still that lovely midi.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the runner is playing the 4:3 game in widescreen and the tech team is then squishing it back to 4:3 for us? Because that is truly next-gen.

E: It's hilarious that the PC port still doesn't have keyboard input for naming people, though.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 10, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

beep by grandpa posted:

Is this Silver Surfer music?
Probably Solstice but they all blur together in my head. I could listen to Pictionary music alone all drat day.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

androo posted:

I didn't even recognize him at first.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

MrTheDevious posted:

What? People have been talking about how awesome it is for this entire thread. When it was found is the ONLY interesting thing about it. Other than that, it only works on PC and all it does is abuse a memory bug to skip past 90% of the game, big woop

I don't get what you're so upset about, if you don't care about it then just don't watch it. What does it matter?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Caleb has a shirt on....kinda

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

theultimo posted:

Caleb has a shirt on....kinda

Might be an apron.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Oh right, this version has those hilarious open mouths on characters.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Puwexil is a good commentator, and that's a strong couch in general, so this run should be a good watch even if your not a big fan of FF7.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Oh jesus. Incoming final fantasy arguments

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Wild Knight posted:

PC New Game+?

They'll be using a pc only glitch that requires a prepared save making it "new game +".

Vakal
May 11, 2008

androo posted:

I'm choosing to believe he showed up clean shaven at the beginning of the event and the stress is causing him to age at an accelerated rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Innerguard posted:

Oh jesus. Incoming final fantasy arguments
it'll be worth it when they raise one billion dollars as a result

• Locked thread