Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Yeah I want to enjoy this game because it's so simple and addictive, but I'm at like 64/155 for Nattie and dropping down to 1 point matches means I may win 1/5 or so. Not even worth it anymore. I don't have great manager's cards, and even the 1 point matches are stacked with Pro Legendary (I have no pro legendary cards) and survivors (I have no survivors). The best I can do is hope that they use up all their good cards on my poo poo cards or that I can get to 6 or 7 wins quick and watch as I lose the rest.

I've come to the conclusion I'll never make Survivor tier. I can't get past qualifying for the life of me in KOTR anymore as the sandbaggers have good cards (and of course with the new rewards tier I just keep getting more UR's) and RTG seems to have me stalling at Epic when in Exhibition I am Legendary ++. That and I still have yet to get a single Epic or Legendary Diva card means I'm still using a UR pro Paige. I would just delete the fucker but I dropped a little cash on it a long time ago and therefore still feel connected to it or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I don't usually say this about a game, because I don't really understand game design or the game business, but it seems like the really hosed this up.

Note that I didn't feel the need to say anything like this about 2k15. THAT'S how bad supercard has gotten.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Just hitting that wall myself, early into Survivor (won my first match, lost my next...like, four.) Especially frustrating since Survivor Flair is the first reward card that would actually help me. Still have the better part of two days to get there, but I can't really count on getting lucky 32 times.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Apparently the +1 fights are completely dependent on your deck so can be sandbagged, but the +3/+5's are more static and ramp way the hell up. I've hit a wall at 120/170 through Flair with my Survivor tier deck - winning about half of the +3 fights. I guess they must have decided that non-whales getting a survivor pro pair wasn't cost-effective. Having to push so hard to get a single unpaired survivor card is really depressing

Basically it makes RtG yet another a rich get richer situation, unless you're willing to spend an insane amount on doubling those +1 with title matches.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I hate to be another detractor of Supercard, but as someone who frequents this thread but has zero interest in this game, doesn't it seem like there's only the most tenuous of grasps of this even being considered a wrestling game? It barely has anything to do with wrestling besides pictures.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blasmeister posted:

Apparently the +1 fights are completely dependent on your deck so can be sandbagged, but the +3/+5's are more static and ramp way the hell up. I've hit a wall at 120/170 through Flair with my Survivor tier deck - winning about half of the +3 fights. I guess they must have decided that non-whales getting a survivor pro pair wasn't cost-effective. Having to push so hard to get a single unpaired survivor card is really depressing

Basically it makes RtG yet another a rich get richer situation, unless you're willing to spend an insane amount on doubling those +1 with title matches.

But like I pointed out, at some point you can't even win the +1s, so it stops being about spending more, and starts being "lol thanks for the time and money, you can't even sink more to get anything, bet it sucks to suck".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I hate to be another detractor of Supercard, but as someone who frequents this thread but has zero interest in this game, doesn't it seem like there's only the most tenuous of grasps of this even being considered a wrestling game? It barely has anything to do with wrestling besides pictures.

What is your definition of a wrestling game?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I made it all the way to the Survivor Flair card before I had to drop down to 3 point matches. It's clear that I won't get the Pro Reigns, and I'll be cutting it close with the time limit to even get one. Still, having a Pro Legendary Natalya is nice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At this stage I'll be lucky to get the UR Warrior. I'm 21 pts away but I was 60 two days ago. It's really sucked all the fun out of this and I'm just playing because I don't want all that to go to waste and me not even get the Warrior card. But once I do I need to take a break because I'm starting to hate this poo poo.

I wish there was some kind of "tap out" button so when I go down 8-0 in a RTG match I don't have to keep going through the motions. Especially since it always ends 8-6 or 6-5 or something that looks respectable because I beat up on the sandbags at the end. But I know the truth is I just got trounced by a dozen Epics and Legendaries.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Shao Kahn must never be shown in a prone or hitstunned position

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
In WWE2K15 My Career, Ric Flair just hopped on social media to put me in a tag team match with Rey Mysterio, on SmackDown... against Stone Cold and The Rock.

First off, that match would never happen on TV, let along SmackDown, it'd be a massive PPV, at least Summerslam, but probably WrestleMania.

Ric Flair then immediately follows it up with me and Cody Rhodes against Alberto Del Rio and Cesaro.

Bit of a step down there, Ric...

I'm intrigued by this ridiculousness.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Doesn't Immortals come out Tuesday?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

projecthalaxy posted:

Doesn't Immortals come out Tuesday?

Thursday.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

haha that gif rules

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Immortals looks hilarious and good for a goof like the rest of Netherealms games.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

smashpro1 posted:

I made it all the way to the Survivor Flair card before I had to drop down to 3 point matches. It's clear that I won't get the Pro Reigns, and I'll be cutting it close with the time limit to even get one. Still, having a Pro Legendary Natalya is nice.

I'm trying my damnedest to get a 2nd Reigns. I'm 100 points away. I broke down and dropped $6 so I could buy 75 title matches. I can only win 1 point games now (and even that isn't a sure thing). So I figure with needing to win 50 games at 2 points each I should be able to do that by tomorrow.

On the bright side, I pulled a survivor Rock during a RTG match, and my KOTR will be ending in a couple hours (I'm dropping out in the semi-finals as I know it's impossible for me to go further), so that'll be 2 survivor cards today. Hopefully my KOTR card will be something I can pair with one of the 16 unpaired survivor cards I currently have doing nothing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy crap. I just won 5 +3 matches in a row. Well, actually I only tied half of them, but I don't make the rules that makes me win a tie. Either way 18 whole points (thanks title match) in one round of play. Its a miracle.

Now I'm only 3 pts shy of the UR Warrior and that's realistically all I can hope to nab. I guess considering how good a run I had I'll see if my luck can continue and make a play for my first Epic. But I can't imagine it will. But at least I'll get that Warrior because I was really starting to worry that I'd even fall short on that.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Welp, now having trouble winning 1 point matches. I'm done, didn't even get that Survivor Flair.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how is this even a mobile game

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I don't think I saw it posted here, but if you want to cheat the system you can force close Supercard before losing a RTG match and you won't lose your title shot. You won't get the 3 card draws and you will still lose your bout, but you can keep the doubler until you're actually going to win one if you care to do it.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Happitoo posted:

On the bright side, I pulled a survivor Rock during a RTG match, and my KOTR will be ending in a couple hours (I'm dropping out in the semi-finals as I know it's impossible for me to go further), so that'll be 2 survivor cards today. Hopefully my KOTR card will be something I can pair with one of the 16 unpaired survivor cards I currently have doing nothing.

Whoooo! My KOTR reward was a second Rock. Today is a good day! Maybe pro survivor Rock will help me win some RTG matches now

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

how is this even a mobile game

phone games have come a long way graphically

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

You can play GTA 3 and Vice City smoothly on phones nowadays

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cardboard Box posted:

phone games have come a long way graphically

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to input commands, I guess

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

IcePhoenix posted:

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to input commands, I guess

It's not a traditional fighting game. It's going to be like the Injustice mobile game, which plays like this:

quote:

Injustice iOS is mostly a button mashing affair, tasking you with tapping for basic combos, swiping for heavy hits, and completing various maneuvers to power up your super abilities (like tapping when a line hits a moving line hits a certain point on the screen, or rapidly swiping a certain direction).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's not a traditional fighting game. It's going to be like the Injustice mobile game, which plays like this:

Ah, neat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Apparently some code got leaked and they are adding these moves to WWE 15

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

New Samoan drop: probably that lazy one-armed deal the Usos do.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently some code got leaked and they are adding these moves to WWE 15

Is the Rainmaker in the game? I know you had to get a pack to put it in 2k14 (which I never had). Are there any decent NJPW CAWs anyway for PS4? I heard that the current gen CAW system was very limited. The only way I'd ever buy it would be if I could get decent facsimiles of most of the NJPW roster.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
About drat time they put the Hart Attack into a game.

smashpro1 posted:

Welp, now having trouble winning 1 point matches. I'm done, didn't even get that Survivor Flair.

Same. I think I've picked up 15 points today, putting me at 43...and I'm not even sure how I managed to do that well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Thauros posted:

Is the Rainmaker in the game? I know you had to get a pack to put it in 2k14 (which I never had).
I think all the DLC stuff from 2k14 is part of the base 2k15 game. Cesaro has the Alpamare Waterslide as part of his moveset now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

when are they adding in The Meltzer Driver

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think all the DLC stuff from 2k14 is part of the base 2k15 game. Cesaro has the Alpamare Waterslide as part of his moveset now

Rainmaker's definitely in. It's my CAW from MyCareer's finish.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I guess the Uso Crazy OMG moment is the double suicide dives?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I thought it was the tandem splash thing

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

the wall is hilarious considering I was winning +5 matches well into Flair and
I immediately hit a point at like 40 points in where I struggled and still am struggling to win +1 matches

RTG is definitely the most fun game mode they've made, the last one was fun and it's sad that this one immediately became a humongous pain in the rear end

Yeah I hit a wall midway through Flair as well. Got to 80 points and now I can't do anything

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Thauros posted:

Are there any decent NJPW CAWs anyway for PS4? I heard that the current gen CAW system was very limited. The only way I'd ever buy it would be if I could get decent facsimiles of most of the NJPW roster.

I found some decent Nakamura and Okada CAWs, and a few for AJ styles and Bullet Club Devitt/Finn balor. Some take advantage of the face capturing system 2k15 has.

You may need to tweak the move sets, attributes and entrances a bit but you can say that for all CAWs out there.

Sockser posted:

New Samoan drop: probably that lazy one-armed deal the Usos do.

I'm hoping it's an actual Samoan driver http://youtu.be/cjlEy4nxG94 and not that mess they have in the current move list.

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 11, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
The only good thing about the RTG mode in Supercard is watching the Supercard forum eat itself alive.

quote:

To Everyone Who Is Upset About The New Matchmaking

Ok, i get it, youre upset. Im upset. I wanted the Roan Reigns, its a good card, it looks cool. We all want the best cards to be the best. We all want to be Adnan or Jonathon who are the best and I acknowledge them for their awesomeness. But remember one thing... ITS A GAME!!! Yes, we all want to be the best, but we cant. All basketball players want to be Lebron James or Kobe Bryant but they arent. When you wake up tomorrow, ask yourself "Did not getting that Roman Reigns run my life?" No it didnt. I sacrificed an entire 4 days off to get PCC Rock and it cost me a pinched ulnar nerve and carpal tunnel and about $60 for it. Thats how obsessed i was to get it. My fiancee called me nuts and got pissed that i was attached to my phone all weekend. This thread isnt to rant about not getting a PCC or RTG card, its to remind you that this game for us to have fun, a hobby. Not to ruin our lives over it. My fiancee plays this game also ans couldnt get past flair, i cant get the first Reigns. But im ok with that. Its not worth my paycheck or going out and having fun with friends. Id rather have my paycheck to pay my student loans than to grind through a PCC or RTG. The Roman Reigns wont make me a manager at my company. Yes, i love this game, and i play with a passion. But to all those who rant about RTG being impossible or those same people being in the top five of PCC, rememeber that if you get those cards or not. Your life wont change when you wake up tomorrow. And you can believe that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

when are they adding in The Meltzer Driver

I might be missing the joke here but isn't that what the spiked tombstone is?