Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

nutranurse posted:

So I was playing the xbox 360 version on my brother's 360, having previously scoffed at the PC version of WoT because I'm a dumbshit. After being floored by how fun it was on the console, I wanted to ask just how much it differs on the PC.

Some of the XVM meta game that pissed people off on PC doesn't exist on console - you'll never get targeted for being a Unicum on Xbox by artillery because nobody can see. Also, no mods means everyone's playing with the same package. Additionally, you can assume that the 15 people on each team are people and not bots. Dumb, irrational people, but people nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I am terrible at this game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

nutranurse posted:

We are all terrible in one way or another.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hellsau posted:

We play this game

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Last match I got into a shootout that I promptly lost because I forgot that my tank was turned around and I was shooting the guy with my rear end literally exposed to the wind. :v:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Except for you.. savage.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Last day of % of premium tanks, are there anything one should absolutely have picked up by now?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Yeah, the E 25 because it's good and will be gone from the store entirely.

Edit: It's a nice little tank. VVVVV

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 10, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

My first battle in the Pz. II D with a 50% crew.

Ace Tanker, 10k WN8. :ssh:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

I've yet to get a single kill and I'm 20 battles in. :cripes:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well, at least you acknowledge your terribility (yes it's a word now shut up). That's a good start.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

nutranurse posted:

I've yet to get a single kill and I'm 20 battles in. :cripes:

I feel ya, I think my WN8 is in the 200s. But I'm learning, so there's that.

McGavin, I've downloaded your mod pack and fonts and everything looks great except the minimap has black blobs instead of icons the player names and mini tank silhouettes don't show up. The icons at the top are just white versus red and green and there's no icon above any tank that spotted in the game. I've just dropped your modpack into the 9.5 mod_res folder in WOT. Any hints on how to fix?

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I just got suspended for a team-kill because some other guy was shooting a teammate and the damaged guy rolled right in front of me while I was shooting an enemy. :v:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sounds about right. Get out now while you can (or spiral into the depravity whatever suits you)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

McGavin, I've downloaded your mod pack and fonts and everything looks great except the minimap has black blobs instead of icons the player names and mini tank silhouettes don't show up. The icons at the top are just white versus red and green and there's no icon above any tank that spotted in the game. I've just dropped your modpack into the 9.5 mod_res folder in WOT. Any hints on how to fix?

That's weird. I just tried reinstalling it and it's working fine for me. You should be just dropping it in the C:\Games\World_of_Tanks folder and then merging the res and res_mods folders. You also have to install the fonts (open the file then click the install button or drop them in your Fonts folder in control panel).

Make sure you clean out the contents of your res_mods folder before reinstalling.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I was putting it in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods. What do you mean by merging the res and res_mods folders? NVM figured it out.

It looks good now. Holy crap this is awesome. Now I just have to figure out to use it best. Thanks a lot McGavin. :v:.

Not so stealthy edit No. 2: I can't believe I haven't downloaded this until now.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 11, 2015

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

demonR6 posted:

Except for you.. savage.

Hellsau: WoT Savant

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

This thing is great. Except that my game crashes every 2-3 battles when I use it :(

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

NTRabbit posted:

We play this game

At least you have that sexy accent.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Valle posted:

This thing is great. Except that my game crashes every 2-3 battles when I use it :(

What settings? Did you make any changes? Also did you turn off antialias settings both in the game and in the event your video card has the ability like the Nvidia control panel has.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

I was putting it in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods. What do you mean by merging the res and res_mods folders? NVM figured it out.

It looks good now. Holy crap this is awesome. Now I just have to figure out to use it best. Thanks a lot McGavin. :v:.

Not so stealthy edit No. 2: I can't believe I haven't downloaded this until now.

You're welcome! Yeah, if you aren't playing this game with mods you're shooting yourself in the foot. They give you so much more situational awareness.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Lol so much gold spamming, those poor clubbed baby seals.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

KurdtLives posted:

Lol so much gold spamming, those poor clubbed baby seals.

What else are you supposed to do when you see a T18 in a Pz II D?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

thylacine posted:

Oh, fine. I smashed an E 25 which I hate with my butt. Thanks, I keep trying to record them with fraps and go to premiere and other convoluted crap.

I think my favorite ram was actually shortly after proper physics was put into the game on the north side slope on Himmelsdorf no less. T-50 comes rushing down the hill and tries to get around me (same way the E-25 tried in your T29, I did the exact same thing in mine), and he ever so slightly clips the back left corner of my tank. This causes him to slide out and he crashes right into a pile of rubble or something behind me, which actually stunned the player because he didn't move for a bit despite not throwing a track. That only lasted a moment because as my turret swung around he decided he really didn't want to be there anymore (it didn't help).

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

I had a month of premium from something, I only ended up playing about a week of it due to just burnout, pubbie disgruntle level or something. I figured I'd come back after a few week hiatus for this crew XP weekend. Not too many ridiculous good, or bad games really besides this one so far at a lower tier. Blood red all around, I tried my best. I do like the broken 26k WN8. Nothing changes in WoT.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Just got in game, what should i be doing WRT crew?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

demonR6 posted:

What settings? Did you make any changes? Also did you turn off antialias settings both in the game and in the event your video card has the ability like the Nvidia control panel has.

Nvidia control panel. Right. Let's see if it's better now!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Valle posted:

Nvidia control panel. Right. Let's see if it's better now!

That should do it. Not that I made that mistake.. nope. Be sure to restart the pc too.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The best ram for me was when I was in the obj 212 on south coast. I went more towards the beach to fire into the eastern hilltop readily. So I'm sitting there shooting without issue. I fire a shot at a tank just as it disappeared and shortly afterwards, I get a kill notice. Then my 6th sense goes off with me finding a 50-2 corpse next to me. Yup, the little bugger tried to ram me with no success.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I've had a lot of fun rolling around in my KV-1 rockin the 11 mm U-11 gun and the huge view and signal range is great. I'm not sure where to go now though. I've read the KV-2 is a big troll machine that is a lot of fun and while I dig that I've also read the T-150 is the more resilient tank. The T-150 has the option to use the mm U-11 but at tier 6 will it still be viable to use it? I've actually unlocked the KV-2 but then saw the 920k price range. By the time I hit a million credits I'll be able to unlock and afford any of the 3 choices at this point. (KV-2, KV-1S, T150) I don't know anything about the KV-1S.

Its been odd going from the 360 version to the PC. I got to tier 6 on a couple of Germany tanks on the 360. I wanted the stug because I remember using it in company heroes and thought it looked :krad:. Since I was starting over I went down the soviet line this time because I heard they were just big heavy turtles. I haven't been disappointed so far. I'd liked to get the LLTB at some point and get the S-51 to have some artillery fun.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Some guy got super mad at me in a match and continually made fun of my stats. Since I was busy carrying the match I messaged him afterwards to ask why he was stat-shaming me with much worse stats. The conversation was weird:

quote:

Darkrenown (02:11:17) hello!
Darkrenown (02:11:22) I was curious
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:24) hello
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:37) why u have almost 70% using only gold ammo ? :)
Darkrenown (02:11:40) did you not look at my stats before calling me a noob or are you really dumb?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:53) u have 70% gold ammo only shots
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:57) :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:02) in my mod i see this
Darkrenown (02:12:11) you have a faulty mod then
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:13) kid hahah u are so weak
Darkrenown (02:12:19) did not fire a single goal round thatr match
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:26) no no this mod is very good :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:32) u shame now ?
Darkrenown (02:12:51) how many times did I shoot you with gold then?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:52) hahha 68,41 % u shot only with gold :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:09) i have only 2 % and this is skill proffesionalist
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:17) u are so weak
Darkrenown (02:13:19) wow, you are deluded
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:39) omfg stats is not all u dont know how to shot only old and autoaim so hard lol :D
Darkrenown (02:13:52) if I send you my replay will you watch it, see I fired no gold, and apologise?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:12) with no gold u stats running down kid down :) 500 dmg per battle 3000 pers rating u have ;)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:25) and who is better ofc me ;)
Darkrenown (02:14:29) ok, so you admit you are bullshitting then?
Darkrenown (02:14:47) you could have me reply and 100% prove I was using gold
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:48) u are so weak lol in ltracktor u shot with gold ammo too loool
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:55) in 6 %
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:59) :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:03) hahhaha
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:21) and what it this skill ? :) no kidding :)
Darkrenown (02:15:25) I don't even have gold loaded in my ltrackor
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:28) pfff
Darkrenown (02:15:33) you are just makng up poo poo
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:46) but i see all u type tank how much shot with gold ammo :)
Darkrenown (02:15:57) what's the name of this mod then?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:08) haha u want this huh
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:16) its a beta yet
Darkrenown (02:16:18) no, I want you to fail to produce it
Darkrenown (02:16:22) then I will laugh at you
Darkrenown (02:16:25) more so
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:32) sure ;)
Darkrenown (02:16:52) hey - what do I fire the most gold from?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:55) ok bb noob play lego kid or mario more codes immortality as gold here ;)
Darkrenown (02:17:41) you're retarded
Darkrenown (02:17:45) just FYI
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:17:50) 73 high calibers with gold ammo :P
Darkrenown (02:17:52) and talking 100% bullshit
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:17:55) hahaha
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:17:59) ofc kid ;)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:05) thrue hurt u ?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:19) hahha 73 high calibers lol u rly so weak
Darkrenown (02:18:22) the "thrue"? no, no it doesn't
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:33) no ok think that bb
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:37) ;)

I shot the guy once in the match, using AP - I was just baffled why he'd made up such an insane story.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Darkrenown posted:

GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:09) i have only 2 % and this is skill proffesionalist

Well looking at his stats, I'm convinced.

This is why you platoon with your clanmates, so several people can dogpile the same shitlord. :v:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

FalloutGod posted:

I've had a lot of fun rolling around in my KV-1 rockin the 11 mm U-11 gun and the huge view and signal range is great. I'm not sure where to go now though. I've read the KV-2 is a big troll machine that is a lot of fun and while I dig that I've also read the T-150 is the more resilient tank. The T-150 has the option to use the mm U-11 but at tier 6 will it still be viable to use it? I've actually unlocked the KV-2 but then saw the 920k price range. By the time I hit a million credits I'll be able to unlock and afford any of the 3 choices at this point. (KV-2, KV-1S, T150) I don't know anything about the KV-1S.

Its been odd going from the 360 version to the PC. I got to tier 6 on a couple of Germany tanks on the 360. I wanted the stug because I remember using it in company heroes and thought it looked :krad:. Since I was starting over I went down the soviet line this time because I heard they were just big heavy turtles. I haven't been disappointed so far. I'd liked to get the LLTB at some point and get the S-51 to have some artillery fun.

The KV-2 has a gun like your U-11 but on steroids. A direct hit to an equal tier tank will likely cripple him, and low tier tanks are basically all one shots. Beware higher tier tanks, you are a big target and they know that your huge gun makes you a threat to them.

The T-150 has a 107 mm gun that does a lot of damage, and does so more reliably, since it uses AP. The KV-2 is a hilarious gimmick tank, but the T-150 is a lot more balanced and all around good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Darkrenown posted:

Some guy got super mad at me in a match and continually made fun of my stats. Since I was busy carrying the match I messaged him afterwards to ask why he was stat-shaming me with much worse stats. The conversation was weird:

I shot the guy once in the match, using AP - I was just baffled why he'd made up such an insane story.

Why weren't you firing gold? More importantly, why didn't you claim to be firing 100% gold?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Only filthy poors don't fire premium rounds." They love hearing that.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Why weren't you firing gold? More importantly, why didn't you claim to be firing 100% gold?

Fire gold everyday.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

demonR6 posted:

"Only filthy poors don't fire premium rounds." They love hearing that.

I can't afford premium rounds but I still announce to the server that only the poors use normal rounds. It never fails to get both sides chiming in and then the whole game hates each other. The upside though is it stirs the competition and the games are a little more fun.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Something to say that seems to incite rage in some pubs: "We are winning because we are better."

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I'm all for firing all gold and/or claiming the same - but his crazy claim to know my account wide gold usage threw me and I instead wanted to catch him out in his stupid lie.

Also! Just met this guy:

He was in his T57 heavy, with 1100 games and a 40% w/r. He's at 44% overall after 17k games :psyduck:

E: CAPFAST! :hurr:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so I'm going to go out on a killing spree and blame WoT for it.

Seriously, gently caress every single oval office playing right now.

I highly recommend you try this: Join a match with a tank that has a good amount of hp. Find a random pubbie and insult him before the match starts. Once it does, shoot him just one time. If you're lucky, he will start firing back at you multiple times which will most likely result in him getting a one hour ban. It should make you feel better.

Hellsau posted:

Uh, that's not going to succeed. The reason good players hate pubbie scum is because pubbies do not want to improve. Seriously, just go into a Stronghold battle and explain to them why their strategy failed. Be courteous and polite. The pubbies will just call you f-words and n-words and refuse to accept your help.

Sure, be polite to UGKB or -FU- or VILIN and the other scrub clans that actually try to improve, but you won't get very far. There are far too many FURREs and ARMEDs and nationalist clans who strongly resist advice to make a dent in the playerbase.

The reason the game feels like it's dying is not because of the good players chasing away the bads, it's the bad players chasing away the people who actually try. It isn't just the purples who get pissed at the scum. When I get a 5k damage loss due to my teammates idiocy, I'm mad that my lovely teammates wasted five minutes of my effort. When some green dude loses a 5k damage game (not damage farming), his teammates lost his best ever game. That is much more impactful.

Speaking as a pubbie, I would like to apologize to all purple players like you for loving up your games. Ever since that discussion in which you, along others, made me realize just how much I actually do suck at tanks, I have been trying very hard to improve at this awful game. The situation you are describing actually has happened to me a lot lately and it made me realize just how infuriating it must be for you guys who probably see this poo poo happen 20 times more often than I see it. Seriously, when I see people like Axetrain making more xp on a defeat than I make on most wins.. :suicide:

Please forgive us pubbies for our transgressions.