Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vegeta is the star of the movie. Goku gets the fight, but Vegeta gets the best scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Vegeta is the star of the movie. Goku gets the fight, but Vegeta gets the best scenes.

So it's no different than the rest of Z.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, nothing really has changed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Vegeta just lets Goku think he's the main character because he's too busy raising his family and retiring into the lap of luxury due to marrying into money.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I'm still holding out hope that Vegeta will be the one to defeat Freeza this time around.

But it won't happen.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Esroc posted:

I'm still holding out hope that Vegeta will be the one to defeat Freeza this time around.

But it won't happen.

Freeza does have a score to settle with Vegeta's kid.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I want there to be three movies released. Battle of the Gods features Goku as Hero, then this one ends with Vegeta as hero.

The last one is Gohan as hero as he takes his place as defender of the Universe and etc.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kinda want to see Goku as the new Kami and Vegeta as the new God of Destruction

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stallion Cabana posted:

I want there to be three movies released. Battle of the Gods features Goku as Hero, then this one ends with Vegeta as hero.

The last one is Gohan as hero as he takes his place as defender of the Universe and etc.

The Last one is just The Great Saiyanman Movie: Justice Across Space!

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Why must you make me wish for things that will never be?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Featuring Kamen Rider Fourze!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think Toriyama said that he would actually do this? Maybe not the three-movie thing, but that Vegeta would get a truly starring role in a movie.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It always made more sense for Vegeta to finish off Freeza anyway. A big part of his character arc was being forced to live under Freeza's thumb for most of his life after Freeza destroyed everything he knew and loved. Goku didn't even have anything personal against Freeza until he killed Krillin.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
On the other hand Vegeta was a complete rear end who was begging for a humiliating defeat. Freeza delivered.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Goku killing Frieza is meant to be him finishing the feud between Bardock and Frieza.

But yeah, Vegeta had a much more personal conflict.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlitzBlast posted:

On the other hand Vegeta was a complete rear end who was begging for a humiliating defeat. Freeza delivered.

He already got his poo poo kicked in multiple times on Namek. Like, being beaten by Freeza was probably the third time it had happened since they got to Namek, by then the punchline was already kind of dry.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Stallion Cabana posted:

The last one is where Mr Satan is the strongest man in the world and saves Earth from destruction again. All his fans cheer.

Last scene of the movie is Hercule sitting in a screening theater nodding and approving the final cut

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Archenteron posted:

The last one is where Mr Satan is the strongest man in the world and saves Earth from destruction again. All his fans cheer.

This was actually what happens at the end of the last story mode of the first Budokai game on the PS2, it was awesome.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Goku killing Frieza is meant to be him finishing the feud between Bardock and Frieza.

Goku outright states he doesn't know or care about Bardock and any feud between him and Frieza.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

RZApublican posted:

This was actually what happens at the end of the last story mode of the first Budokai game on the PS2, it was awesome.

The Legend of Hercule was the best. Even Hercule doesn't show Yamcha any respect.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's time for the three-eyed cowboy to take his last ride.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

He already got his poo poo kicked in multiple times on Namek. Like, being beaten by Freeza was probably the third time it had happened since they got to Namek, by then the punchline was already kind of dry.

Congrats on your modhsip

Anime is now saved.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah but even after that last rear end kicking by Recoome Vegeta still was an rear end that abandoned Goku in the Ginyu fight, coerced Gohan and Krillin to do his bidding, and insulted Piccolo upon revival. Vegeta still deserved what he got.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
The best thing was that after every beating when he recovered and powered up he was all "Yes, I'm a Super Saiyan now, this is it!" and then he'd just get whupped again.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shyrka posted:

The best thing was that after every beating when he recovered and powered up he was all "Yes, I'm a Super Saiyan now, this is it!" and then he'd just get whupped again.

It's funny in retrospect, but god drat was that a chore to actually watch. Even dumb little babies could predict how the whole thing would turn out for Vegeta.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The sad thing is that Vegeta would've had a period of time where he was the strongest character in the show if he'd just killed Cell when he had the chance.

Of course, he wouldn't have gotten his character development.

That's actually something that's explored in Supersonic Warriors 2, where a Future Trunks from ANOTHER timeline shows up to kill Vegeta (not knowing he's his father) because Vegeta just went on a rampage destroying everything without someone to test his power against.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Just saw Battle of Gods.

Vegeta stole the entire drat show.

Except for Beerus himself. They basically nailed him as the world's strongest housecat, and the english dub voice for him really is excellent.

I kept laughing at so many of the gags. World's deadliest game of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Good show!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The sad thing is that Vegeta would've had a period of time where he was the strongest character in the show if he'd just killed Cell when he had the chance.

Of course, he wouldn't have gotten his character development.

That's actually something that's explored in Supersonic Warriors 2, where a Future Trunks from ANOTHER timeline shows up to kill Vegeta (not knowing he's his father) because Vegeta just went on a rampage destroying everything without someone to test his power against.

For all of a day. Vegeta was top dog from the moment he walked out of the time chamber until Cell got perfect. If vegeta had killed Cell he still would have been eclipsed by Goku and Gohan the moment they left the hypersonic lion tamer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, that story came from the Vegeta Story Mode, so Vegeta was given focus as being the stronger character in that universe.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Supersonic Warriors 2 has the best story mode out of pretty much any DBZ game, where every selectable character gets multiple branching paths for their story. Some highlights include Captain Ginyu trying to gather the dragon balls on Earth which mostly involves him running away from stronger characters and Broly's rampage ending when he hits his head, loses his memory, and befriends Hercule.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, Captain Ginyu's story either ends the canon way or with the Ginyu Force and Frieza dead and him gathering the Dragon Balls to wish them all back to life (along with Zarbon and Dodoria) before beating the crap out of Broly and just going back to space to have wacky adventures without attacking the Z-Fighters at all.

A much happier ending than his storyline in the original Supersonic Warriors where he and Frieza mistakenly believe the Earth Dragon can make three wishes and Frieza allows Ginyu to make the first one to be kind. That ends about as well as you might expect. :allears:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I remember Supersonic Warriors had a Dr. Gero story mode that involved everyone else kicking his rear end.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Caros posted:

For all of a day. Vegeta was top dog from the moment he walked out of the time chamber until Cell got perfect. If vegeta had killed Cell he still would have been eclipsed by Goku and Gohan the moment they left the hypersonic lion tamer.

...That said, I have to wonder how Vegeta stacks up against Gohan before Gohan hit Super Saiyan 2 - especially since Vegeta had the extra day or two with the lion tamer IIRC.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I remember Supersonic Warriors had a Dr. Gero story mode that involved everyone else kicking his rear end.

The best part being where Vegeta eventually refuses to keep fighting him because he's too pathetic.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

...That said, I have to wonder how Vegeta stacks up against Gohan before Gohan hit Super Saiyan 2 - especially since Vegeta had the extra day or two with the lion tamer IIRC.

He was way weaker.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Like a bitch.

Even before Super Saiyan 2 Gohan is said to be stronger than Goku. He is able to stand and fight with Cell in base Super Saiyan form, even if he is incredibly reluctant to do so. Vegeta gets a second day in the time chamber and he doesn't get anywhere because he is training in the wrong way and plateaus pretty badly.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Ammat The Ankh posted:

:swoon:

I need to get my hands on that! I mean, I get the point Toriyama's editor had about 19's design being somewhat lame, but Gero looked rat as hell.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The best Supersonic Warriors 2 plot is the one where Cooler commands the Ginyu Force to design a pose that he can join in on after he conquers all of space.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Supersonic Warriors sounds like an amazing game. How can I play it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Supersonic Warriors sounds like an amazing game. How can I play it?

It's on the GBA so find an emulator or pop out your DS.

Spiritus Nox posted:

He and everyone else reacts to Gohan powering up in regular Super Saiyan form and they all say he's even stronger than Goku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDes0uYtizg

Kild fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread