Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

So how'd the other dude die exactly? My stream crapped out for like 10 minutes and it came back in with the single layout and yalls talking about him dying.

rare situation where being over phantoon's eye when he lauches his projectiles causes you to take damage from all 8 simulataneously for like 1 and a half tanks worth of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
He should use this time to learn how to knit

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
And also keep in mind that Humble Bundle hasn't donated any of their money yet and they're at $500,000+. Assuming that at least a majority of that is going to AGDQ.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That one donation confuses me because PETA would want to kill the animals

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

I mean saves made before the run, for scenarios like this. Not safety saves.

its a race

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

So how'd the other dude die exactly? My stream crapped out for like 10 minutes and it came back in with the single layout and yalls talking about him dying.

Phantoon shot out his 8-flame attack when the runner was right where the 8 flames emerge from, and apparently when that happens you take the damage from all the flames at once. :rip:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

jerkstoresup posted:

I mean saves made before the run, for scenarios like this. Not safety saves.

it's unlikely enough that he wouldn't have a save anywhere near the spot (and there's only two alt saves on the cart anyway)

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Your Computer posted:

So not only do we have lovely commentary, we also lost the "race" part of the race... Maybe we won't reach a million after all.

We've got Blindfold and 100% OoT runs left. Those'll push us over

Good Citizen posted:

He should use this time to learn how to knit

But everyone is being so rude and playing video games while he's trying to knit!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

JerikTelorian posted:

He was on top of Phantoon when Phantoon did his fire attack. Poof.
There's apparently a name for when that happens, Sunshine or something like that?

Sunshine Surprise.

Edit: Or it might've been Sunrise Surprise, I forget.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

biznatchio posted:

One of the four racers in last year's SM race died. It's not entirely unprecedented.

The way he died is what was so unexpected, not that he died at all.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I feel bad for the guy, he gets to spend an hour, on stream, going over what he could have done differently to make the game not gently caress him.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Continuing when the other guy reaches the point of the backup save would make this more of a race than, oh I dunno, losing 20 minutes into a 90 minute race.

But I get why that wouldn't feel the same.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ravus posted:

I feel bad for the guy, he gets to spend an hour, on stream, going over what he could have done differently to make the game not gently caress him.

The best part is how many times the other runner has said "Oh yeah, I'm not at any risk of dying anymore."

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

And also keep in mind that Humble Bundle hasn't donated any of their money yet and they're at $500,000+. Assuming that at least a majority of that is going to AGDQ.

Where does that number come from? I haven't seen a Humble Bundle tracker, and people seem to be throwing around totals.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Almost thought this was a gif, 'cuz he hasn't moved at all from that since he died.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

biznatchio posted:

One of the four racers in last year's SM race died. It's not entirely unprecedented.

That was Any%, where you don't have health.

You have all the health here.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The death could have been pretty hype if the commentary had set up the situation properly, instead it was more the "ohhhh that's unfortunate..." awkward nerd having to confirm that the race was effectively dead without saying it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Isn't that total raised and not the split between devs, charity and humble tip?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Tracula posted:

The best part is how many times the other runner has said "Oh yeah, I'm not at any risk of dying anymore."

You can look at that another way; by saying he's no longer at risk of death he suggests that he was also at risk previously, when the other guy died. "It could have happened to anyone" style of thing. Or he could be being a dick, I don't follow SM runners :science:.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
They just cleared 100 grand on save alone

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Save the animals is past the $100k mark. Kill more than 4k behind.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Please, someone, put epicly_epic out of his misery.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
The guy should have just restarted and beat the game on any percent, and then after beating it act like he won the race.

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:

Comrade Fakename posted:

Where does that number come from? I haven't seen a Humble Bundle tracker, and people seem to be throwing around totals.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Total payments: $538,601.26

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

texasmed posted:

The guy should have just restarted and beat the game on any percent, and then after beating it act like he won the race.

:agreed:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
When does save/kill get cut off?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

AHungryRobot posted:

When Mother Brains head hits the ground I believe.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

texasmed posted:

Low% woulda been more fun, but whatever. I think they're not doing it so that there is less of a distraction, but his sad sap face still takes up 10% of the webcam's real estate.

gently caress, I wish he would at least give some commentary. He looks like he just walked in on his gf making out with his dad or something.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Comrade Fakename posted:

It's right there on the front page. Scroll down under the description of the pack.

Total payments: $538,641.36
Number of purchases: 95,026
Average purchase: $5.67

Tracula posted:

Isn't that total raised and not the split between devs, charity and humble tip?

Yes, that's why I said "assuming".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Avskum posted:

Technically we don't know how much of that is going to the charity (it is probably at least 75% though I'd guess)

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Re: humble bundle. On their site they list total payments as over 500k. Default split for PCF is 20%, so HB really has only raised a little over 100k for AGDQ.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
I know hes probably gutted but i wish Epic would say something instead of just sitting there all sad and mopey

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Avskum posted:

As of yesterday $140k ish of that was going to pcf, I think

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

AHungryRobot posted:

End of 3rd stage of Mother Brain, when the head hits the floor.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Darkoni posted:

Re: humble bundle. On their site they list total payments as over 500k. Default split for PCF is 20%, so HB really has only raised a little over 100k for AGDQ.

last time they announced a figure that i heard it was over 150k and that was awful games block

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Darkoni posted:

That's the default. They can still donate more on top of that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
no halfie, much less full halfie

they'd better get the reverse full halfie

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Darkoni posted:

Default split, but you can modify it. I did 100% to PCF when I bought it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
This guy is missing a lot of tricks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
this is a disaster. unforgivable

• Locked thread