Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

These officials have been complete poo poo, especially once Turgeon got T'd up. Purdue gets 3 straight phantom calls against them after that :rolleyes:

Yeah, they were bad both ways, but Turgeon spooked them when he got T'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas is either going to do the needful and knock off UK or lose by 20. Hard to guess which right now though.

E: gotta deal with Vandy and these very bad, no good refs first

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Penn leads at the half, 41-36, after a buzzer beater half court shot.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
lol refs were calling fouls every possession on both teams til 10 min left and then just went to pure gently caress baylor mode giving phantom fouls on clean blocks, fake charges, and saying tcu is in bounds and other crap

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

chaoslord posted:

Arkansas is either going to do the needful and knock off UK or lose by 20. Hard to guess which right now though.

E: gotta deal with Vandy and these very bad, no good refs first

are you from India, or do you work with people from India?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

stimpy posted:

are you from India, or do you work with people from India?

There is a guy in my group at work from India but I don't interact with him very much

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Oklahoma State might get this game.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
good tcu lose 2 more so baylor can stop being the worst losers in big 12 history

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA probably gonna lose this one at Notre Dame but I'll miss the rest of it attending a beach wedding so can't really be fussed.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

elentar posted:

UVA probably gonna lose this one at Notre Dame but I'll miss the rest of it attending a beach wedding so can't really be fussed.

Go Hoos.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Um, if Thouhg if you gift wrap the tall, cute greek boy for me.

So it looks like WVU is using a live DJ when playing songs not done by the band and that kind of owns.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 11, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Um, if Thouhg if you gift wrap the tall, cute greek boy for me.

I'll need a ladder.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

Just wanted to check in to say gently caress a Mountaineer. God bless.

Civic Dare
Feb 4, 2008

elentar posted:

You missed a really good game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Cyclones getting the whistle. Color me shocked.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Cyclones getting the whistle. Color me shocked.

It is 6 fouls to 7, hardly one sided. Especially given that WVU plays much more physically than ISU does.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

It is 6 fouls to 7, hardly one sided. Especially given that WVU plays much more physically than ISU does.

lol that you think that. 6 of the last 9 have gone against WVU, and ISU got away with a blatant walk that turned into an open 3 for Niang, and a flagrant 1 where they called wvu for a charge.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What the hell is going on with Mizzou, they're winning on the road against an SEC opponent

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mike_V posted:

What the hell is going on with Mizzou, they're winning on the road against an SEC opponent
Said SEC opponent is Auburn though.

Just my TV or does the play-by-play sound all compressed like a lovely podcast yelling directly into the mic whenever he gets excited?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WVU - Hoiburg State tied at half. I'll take it given how awful we shot the ball.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

WVU - Hoiburg State tied at half. I'll take it given how awful we shot the ball.

Hopefully we go up by enough that you can see the Greek's moves in action.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Hopefully we go up by enough that you can see the Greek's moves in action.

I'd prefer not.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the Big XII officials are absolutely magical

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the Big XII officials are absolutely magical

They're letting West Virginia get away with whatever the hell they want. Hell, about a minute ago Staten just loving plowed into Hogue with absolutely no control and Hogue got called, somehow.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
These refs are just bad; wouldn't say either side is getting the better deal from them, because they've been so inconsistent.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

They're letting West Virginia get away with whatever the hell they want. Hell, about a minute ago Staten just loving plowed into Hogue with absolutely no control and Hogue got called, somehow.

lol, meanwhile your boy decked a kid and got away with it :qq: some more

also the bit was they're really inconsistent and awful

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
always root against refs

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

NCAA basketball is pretty much the same as football anymore, there are fouls and traveling on every single play, so anyone can find an unlimited number of reasons to complain about the refs.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'm just glad I don't have to watch wvu play every game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

resident posted:

I'm just glad I don't have to watch wvu play every game.

we're a lot of fun to watch if you like physical, full court defense

our half-court though, woof

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

we're a lot of fun to watch if you like physical, full court defense

our half-court though, woof

It wouldn't be so bad but with officiating like this it's painful. There is just way too much clock stoppage. It would be even worse if you ran into a ticky tack crew.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ISU's going to win this, but I am pleased we stayed with them despite shooting the ball horridly. I am less impressed by ISU than I was earlier in the season.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

resident posted:

It wouldn't be so bad but with officiating like this it's painful. There is just way too much clock stoppage. It would be even worse if you ran into a ticky tack crew.

Their style is "dare the refs to foul out the entire team". Any ref that takes them up on it probably would.

WVU vs. South Carolina would probably resemble a hockey game.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ISU's going to win this, but I am pleased we stayed with them despite shooting the ball horridly. I am less impressed by ISU than I was earlier in the season.

They are as sharp as a butter knife these past few games. Way too many turnovers. Sloppy passing mainly.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Their style is "dare the refs to foul out the entire team". Any ref that takes them up on it probably would.

WVU vs. South Carolina would probably resemble a hockey game.

ISU's is just to get a bunch of calls their way.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You guys have a full court press and a hacking defense. We have neither and we've been called for more fouls. I'm not sure what you're bitching about.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

You guys have a full court press and a hacking defense. We have neither and we've been called for more fouls. I'm not sure what you're bitching about.

The ones you've gotten away with have been really blatant. You've literally gotten away with two Flagrants, one of which could have been Flagrant 2

resident
Dec 22, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Dude give it a rest.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

resident posted:

Dude give it a rest.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Holy poo poo is Staten a flopper. He's Marcus Smart level.

• Locked thread