Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

This is a good OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uniscott
Sep 19, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

This is a good OP

ZA WARUDO!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I honestly believe Araki himself would fund Part 4 if they didn't have the sales to justify it on its own. Araki loves part 4, we all love Part 4. I'm actually mad that people tried to sell me on JJBA using Part 3 rather than Part 4.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm still genuinely surprised that part 3 is so popular when it's the most boring arc that involves stands.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm still genuinely surprised that part 5 is so popular when it's the most boring arc that involves stands.

Me too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Part V has White Album. That instantly makes it great.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

This is a good OP

The World looks creepy as heck in that. Can't wait to see it in the actual show.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

rude

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All of JoJo is good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are all bad, though

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Beef Waifu posted:

All of JoJo is good

Beef Waifu posted:

You are all bad, though

Can't really disagree here.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Beef Waifu posted:

You are all bad, though

My favorite part of the Jojo's thread is when a guy puts things in order, by his own opinion, so that people can say no, that's not the order, and do the order different, forever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like when people post baseless rumors with no source, that's pretty good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I like the stand generator being rediscovered every four months.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
"Hi I just discovered this great manga and I'm going to need you to explain all the badguys' time powers to me for 3 pages, thanks"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Which parts can I skip so I can get to The Good Stuff, thanks and godbless.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Which parts can I skip so I can get to The Good Stuff, thanks and godbless.

*checks list* parts 2, 4, 6, 7 and all of 8 so far

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 3 probably gets by mostly because how cool Jotaro and Star Platinum are.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder how long it'll take the SC thread to start questioning Iggy's mortality.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cmykjester posted:

Part 3 probably gets by mostly because how cool Jotaro and Star Platinum are.

jotaro ages like fine wine. much more enjoyable when he has people like josuke to play off of instead of just being That Quiet Guy Who Solves Problems Automatically.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favorite problem solving automatically was when Jotaro told enya she wouldn't take another breath and then had Star Platinum suck up Justice. It was so ridiculous.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

jotaro ages like fine wine. much more enjoyable when he has people like josuke to play off of instead of just being That Quiet Guy Who Solves Problems Automatically.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I honestly believe Araki himself would fund Part 4 if they didn't have the sales to justify it on its own. Araki loves part 4, we all love Part 4. I'm actually mad that people tried to sell me on JJBA using Part 3 rather than Part 4.

Look at these correct opinions.

Also i just finished part 4 and I must say, I agree with the bolded bit. SC has big stakes and all, but part 4 has a way better villain, a better protagonist (Koichi) and way more batshit stand powers, which of course mean better fights.

Also it has Tonio. Tonio owns.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I've had the most success selling people on Jojo by showing them All-Star Battle. Game quality notwithstanding, it shows off the craziness of JoJo perfectly and it generates tons of questions.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 4 is the 'always sunny in philadelphia' arc of the series and it worked well for making characters more interesting since they had more interactions between each other. hell, even joseph got another layer added on top of him already being awesome. i also never thought i'd be so interested in seeing jotaro and josuke go hunt rats, but here we are.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Part 4 is great specifically because the stakes being so low enhances the sheer insanity of the base level JoJoness, like Rohan getting so loving into a dice game he doesn't notice his house burning down or Yukako creeping on Koichi so hard she accidentally turns him into a super saiyan

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder how they'd handle size changes in Part 4. People talk about Iggy going from dog to humanface but I don't see anybody bringing up poo poo like Koichi beating up Tamami so hard he turns into a midget, or Koichi getting shorter with each appearance.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That one's for comedic effect, you see it happens in High School Kimengumi for example.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Fucknag posted:

a better protagonist (Koichi)

But Koichi steals!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/16/man-steals-600-female-outfits-from-schools-including-cheerleading-uniforms-and-wears-them-at-home-4763371/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My favorite thing about Part 4 is the villains assuming everything will be just fine as long as they don't run into Jotaro. He's known the world over by Stand users for beating people up really bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like to imagine Josuke and his friends tell horror stories about some of the things Jotaro and Co. did in and on the way to Egypt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My favorite thing about Part 4 is the villains assuming everything will be just fine as long as they don't run into Jotaro. He's known the world over by Stand users for beating people up really bad.

Despite not using Star Platinum's The World for 10 years.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

mr. stefan posted:

Part 4 is great specifically because the stakes being so low enhances the sheer insanity of the base level JoJoness, like Rohan getting so loving into a dice game he doesn't notice his house burning down or Yukako creeping on Koichi so hard she accidentally turns him into a super saiyan

Don't forget the most amazing game of rock paper scissors you'll ever witness. Won by cheating with a baby.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

David D. Davidson posted:

Don't forget the most amazing game of rock paper scissors you'll ever witness.

This isn't the Kaiji thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This Anasui figure has kinda rocked my world with the fact that no, it's not just a pattern, and yes, he is pretty much naked.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 11, 2015

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Anasui must've gotten his fashion advice from Vanilla Ice.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

part 4 is the 'always sunny in philadelphia' arc of the series

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The director posted some part 5 art on twitter and said, loosely translated, that he "wants to do part 4 and 5 so buy the heck out of the discs."

Pomp fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 11, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those donuts are absolutely beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurain posted:

Those donuts are absolutely beautiful.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

• Locked thread