Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TheJoker138 posted:

I might be missing the joke here but isn't that what the spiked tombstone is?

It's a springboard front flip spike tombstone.

http://gfycat.com/SkinnyTalkativeBaldeagle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Swagger Dagger posted:

It's a springboard front flip spike tombstone.

http://gfycat.com/SkinnyTalkativeBaldeagle

Yeah I know, but isn't that what "spike tombstone- the young bucks" on that list is referring to? Or do they do another tombstone move?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah I know, but isn't that what "spike tombstone- the young bucks" on that list is referring to? Or do they do another tombstone move?

They do the Indytaker, which is the Driver without the flip

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

They do the Indytaker, which is the Driver without the flip

Well then Matt Striker is to blame for this confusion, because he said they were the same thing at Wrestle Kingdom 9. STRIKER! :argh:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I've been running +1 matches with this setup and winning 100% of the time - just be sure to only pick opponents with ~100 matches so you avoid others doing the same.

And then closing the app when it gets to the picking prizes so I can take them at Survivor+ tier.

Sadly I'm like only 20 points towards the first Reigns, so I'm not gonna be getting him by the end of this, but it's an easy source of exhibition prize picks.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

IcePhoenix posted:

What is your definition of a wrestling game?

A game with wrestling matches where you control a wrestler doing wrestling moves. Do you consider Crush Hour a wrestling game solely because of the license?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Borrowed Ladder posted:

A game with wrestling matches where you control a wrestler doing wrestling moves. Do you consider Crush Hour a wrestling game solely because of the license?

So TEW isn't a wrestling game?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gas

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Blasmeister posted:

I've been running +1 matches with this setup and winning 100% of the time - just be sure to only pick opponents with ~100 matches so you avoid others doing the same.

And then closing the app when it gets to the picking prizes so I can take them at Survivor+ tier.

Sadly I'm like only 20 points towards the first Reigns, so I'm not gonna be getting him by the end of this, but it's an easy source of exhibition prize picks.

Yeah, I'm having to do this too since I'm 20 points away from Survivor Flair. It sucks because I should theoretically be able to just get that with two 5 point matches and 2 title matches but nope, that's not happening. Stupid game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Blasmeister posted:

hmm, just got my first legendary manager so i tried this out. Lowered myself to Rare tier but with an Ultra Lana and Legandary Heenan supports. Still seems like I was getting matched against Epic-tier (my "real" RtG tier) opponents though. Am I missing something?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Minidust posted:

hmm, just got my first legendary manager so i tried this out. Lowered myself to Rare tier but with an Ultra Lana and Legandary Heenan supports. Still seems like I was getting matched against Epic-tier (my "real" RtG tier) opponents though. Am I missing something?

This only works on +1 point fights, the +3/5 ones are based on your RtG progress rather than deck level. people using the same startegy can end up in this bracket too, so just back out and try again if the +1 opponent has like 10k exhibition wins rather than 100

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is an amazing game but good god I've already beaten Ace/Barton in 5 tag matches and Kobashi in 3 singles and I'm about to try to lose my tag tittles just to see if something different will happen

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

LvK posted:

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is an amazing game but good god I've already beaten Ace/Barton in 5 tag matches and Kobashi in 3 singles and I'm about to try to lose my tag tittles just to see if something different will happen

VPW2 was so goddamn good. Buying it through an import company with the n64 region adapter made me feel so baaaaaaad. Translating the japanese through old gamefaqs made me feel like a sperglord though.

I loved the ramp leading to the ring. It was something No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2k was sorely lacking.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
suddenly I got to face a different team I didn't really recognize, singles with Misawa, Baba, etc., and now I'm in yet another loving match against Johnny Ace and Mike Barton

why

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I've been simming Fire Pro R lately, and I have a pack full of anally-complete rosters, including enhancement talent which I LOVE. I've always had a thing for mid 90s WWF, HeAT, WWF Metal, Velocity and etc and thought i'd make some vids with some dumb match ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnY4C9BUlCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kEwiimTaJQ

Complete with my era relevant matchup screens saved at jpeg compression 1. Paging Bob Holly...

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

This only works on +1 point fights, the +3/5 ones are based on your RtG progress rather than deck level. people using the same startegy can end up in this bracket too, so just back out and try again if the +1 opponent has like 10k exhibition wins rather than 100

I just faced someone who is doing this. I am not, and it was the greatest feeling to stomp all over their deck. I hope it was one of you, because you just made me feel less angry at this lovely, stupid game that I can't quit.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

simosimo posted:

I've been simming Fire Pro R lately, and I have a pack full of anally-complete rosters, including enhancement talent which I LOVE. I've always had a thing for mid 90s WWF, HeAT, WWF Metal, Velocity and etc and thought i'd make some vids with some dumb match ups.

Complete with my era relevant matchup screens saved at jpeg compression 1. Paging Bob Holly...

This is really cool, is this on PS2 or PS3? I have the PS2 version but never really figured out how to do custom rosters on there.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Share your jobbers please.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

More entertaining than any actual Steve Blackman match

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

St Evan Echoes posted:

Exactly! I have a good Spark plug holly v Hunter Hearst Helmsley coming up. The stars that could of been.

Let me know of any matches you'd like to see and I can make it so. I can go as low as TL Hopper and The Goon so most suggestions will be possible i'd imagine. I even have a third save with specialities such as Gobledigooker.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

Exactly! I have a good Spark plug holly v Hunter Hearst Helmsley coming up. The stars that could of been.

Let me know of any matches you'd like to see and I can make it so. I can go as low as TL Hopper and The Goon so most suggestions will be possible i'd imagine. I even have a third save with specialities such as Gobledigooker.
Ooooh! Let's see Tiger Ali Singh v Mabel

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

St Evan Echoes posted:

Ooooh! Let's see Tiger Ali Singh v Mabel

I've gone one better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlC3pRqoDPY

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I did a random select a while back 8-man with one of DJKM's '90s packs and I actually had to write down the tournament lineup:

-Pat Tanaka
-Horace Hogan
-Arachnaman
-The Giant
-Stevie Ray
-Koko B. Ware
-Dave Sullivan
-Tank Abbott

all of the gate money in the loving world

I tried it again and got two different Dan Spiveys facing off in round 2, having a trashy roster is the best.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

cyberia posted:

The only good thing about the RTG mode in Supercard is watching the Supercard forum eat itself alive.

I just read that forum and boy howdy people sure do take their free phone game seriously

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I wish this game would stop giving me KOTR energy cards and stuff when I'm already at my max. Feels like a waste of a draw, though I guess with RTG on it doesn't really matter when I'm pulling six cards at a time.

Still, three energy cards in a row last time, ouch.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Delsaber posted:

I wish this game would stop giving me KOTR energy cards and stuff when I'm already at my max. Feels like a waste of a draw, though I guess with RTG on it doesn't really matter when I'm pulling six cards at a time.

Still, three energy cards in a row last time, ouch.

I've noticed that I seem to get blocks of KOTR boost cards despite having the maximum number of each boost already. So I'll play a bunch of games and get 5-10 boost cards then get 5-10 R/SR cards then another block of boost cards. I don't know if it's confirmation bias or a glitch in the RNG that determines what the reset card in each tableau is going to be but it's annoying as hell to keep pulling boosts when all I want is some cards I can use to level my team up.

On a positive note I pulled a random Epic Macho Man last night just after winning the same card in RTG so some good came out of spending all weekend playing Supercard.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

simosimo posted:

The endings are the absolute nadir and peak that you can have in a Fire Pro match respectively

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I decided to check out Supercard for the first time in weeks to see this RTG thing. I try to play, and it says "Event Ended." Meanwhile, an "Event Over" countdown clock is still going for another day or so.

I'd delete this game, but my five year old niece likes to play it sometimes and point out how gross it is that you can see all the guys' nipples.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah the thing ran for like 4 days and ended a few hours ago. They leave the PCC up for a day or two afterwards to give people time to claim prizes... not really sure why they need to do the same with RtG

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nut Bunnies posted:

The endings are the absolute nadir and peak that you can have in a Fire Pro match respectively

Wrestling Observer:

"Kane and Steve Blackman had a shoot-style kickboxing match. Blackman no-sold the chokeslam, but fell asleep while he had Kane in a front facelock and Kane fell on top of him for 3. Crowd was hot. **"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Why are you posting unedited footage of 2003 WWE in the games thread?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Wrestling Observer:

"Kane and Steve Blackman had a shoot-style kickboxing match. Blackman no-sold the chokeslam, but fell asleep while he had Kane in a front facelock and Kane fell on top of him for 3. Crowd was hot. **"

I need these for every match from now on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um3sF6_RSUU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

St Evan Echoes posted:

You shut the gently caress up.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Drose was knocked out by the Razor's Edge in an injury angle. He is being taken off TV for repacking.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Snacksmaniac posted:

Drose was knocked out by the Razor's Edge in an injury angle. He is being taken off TV for repacking.

To join up with Bastion Booger to form a dominant tag team?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sounds good. Make a vid of it :allears:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I often encounter what appear to be tanked decks in regular exhibition games. Is there any strategic benefit to doing this??

Also, does the level of opponent I pick in exhibition affect anything? Like sometimes I'll see belt icons that are one + level lower or higher than me. I go for the higher ones, but I'm still picking from the same board at the end of the match regardless right?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Yup, still picking from the same board. Also there's no strategic reason to tank your deck in Exhibition that I can see, since you screw yourself out of (potentially) better picks.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
There's no rest for the weary:

I look forward to not getting Bad News Barrett!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

BlueArmyMan posted:

Yup, still picking from the same board. Also there's no strategic reason to tank your deck in Exhibition that I can see, since you screw yourself out of (potentially) better picks.

If your 5 best cards get you to a higher tier but you can't win any matches, you might want to sub out one to try and get more wins and thus more card pulls. Good if you're going for energy for KotR or desperately need feeders to level a new card, but otherwise probably not a great move.

I'm going to do the math to figure out how much I'd have to spend to get BNB because I am stunned they would give him a reward SV card. Hope he's actually getting a push, I love that guy.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 12, 2015