Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'll never understand why Kill la Kill became the flashpoint for this forum, when so many more reprehensible shows were tolerated or loved because the characters looked more like children or something. Its hosed up

I think it's because zorak made it an official thread rule that you couldn't make fun of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Kill la Kill was the most hyped-up anime I've ever seen (until Space Dandy came along anyway). People expected the world of TRIGGER, so when the show became what it is people were really polarized about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zorak's moderation was weird as hell, because he's really super like... anal about inherently sexual stuff given the reputation of like anime. However, if it was a show he liked or was interested in he would look past it and essentially tell you to not mention the tits or avoid all discussion about it. This is ignoring the fact that like he apparently trusted Jonjonaug to make the VN thread which somehow lasted for like 3 years? Despite the fact sexual poo poo was discussed in there all of the time and in the KLK thread someone posted a second by second breakdown of the Rape Cage?

Like, the fuckin fact only me or Nate could be trusted with Type-Moon threads felt pretty silly given the fact that all of the people who were making fun of those threads got it out of their system very quickly and thread just does its own thing like any other silly ADTRW thread.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I unironically liked No Game No Life because they did Kaiji stuff on it, and I liked the big tits and hot asses on the grown babes. There is a sexual middleschooler on that show but it didn't make me horny and I enjoyed the show anyway. It's possible to do that, but you can't post about it because you'll make the wrong kind of friends.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'll never understand why Kill la Kill became the flashpoint for this forum, when so many more reprehensible shows were tolerated or loved because the characters looked more like children or something. Its hosed up

Because a lot of people liked Hiroyuki Imaishi so there was more focus on that poo poo than other dumb poo poo in ADTRW which was mostly relegated and away from everyone else's attention. It also helps that KLK had like a 200 page thread so it was pretty much impossible to ignore that thread at points given it was the most active a thread in ADTRW was for a while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

as someone who likes and watches monogatari is it absolutely baffling that discussion of it was never banned, considering all the other poo poo zorak banned discussion of

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Because a lot of people liked Hiroyuki Imaishi so there was more focus on that poo poo than other dumb poo poo in ADTRW which was mostly relegated and away from everyone else's attention. It also helps that KLK had like a 200 page thread so it was pretty much impossible to ignore that thread at points given it was the most active a thread in ADTRW was for a while.

Good. Kill la Kill loving owns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
nah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kill la Kill had some good points but it was incredibly win for people to think it would be a breakthrough of strong female representation on anime (well it is sort of) and then when it came out it had a shitload of T&A and people were doing huge leaps to defend it with arguments other than "it makes me horney".

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please DO keep discussion about poo poo like kodomo no jikan banned, though, except if its about how pedophile it is which is very

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Little Witch Academia is actually the good Trigger anime people wanted, but no one watched that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PotU posted:

please DO keep discussion about poo poo like kodomo no jikan banned, though, except if its about how pedophile it is which is very

i don't think its possible to discuss how that show is aimed for kiddy fiddlers as much as its possible to discuss the moisture of water

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I did

when is the blu-ray and or sequel out again?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Little Witch Academia is actually the good Trigger anime people wanted, but no one watched that.

I watched it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

I did

when is the blu-ray and or sequel out again?

I'm glad, it was very good.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

It was very good.

edit: this guy has the right idea ^^^^

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Kill la Kill had some good points but it was incredibly win for people to think it would be a breakthrough of strong female representation on anime (well it is sort of) and then when it came out it had a shitload of T&A and people were doing huge leaps to defend it with arguments other than "it makes me horney".

All the women in KlK are very strong and could kick my rear end.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Kill la Kill was really dumb I just figured you guys were posting about it all the time to piss people off. THAT BEING SAID I WATCHED ALL THE EPISODES

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We all did.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I guess I only remember the first half. Like every Imaishi show it lasts twice as long as it should have

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i don't think its possible to discuss how that show is aimed for kiddy fiddlers as much as its possible to discuss the moisture of water

i do its both very

unrelated, i think that short haired girl in klk is very funny and they should make a show about her

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

All the women in KlK are very strong and could kick my rear end.

satsuki can beat my body into a mangled hump of flesh any time dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

While we're airing general thoughts: I don't get the appeal of K-On at all, and I've watched both seasons + the movie twice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
K-on's just a chill anime to watch about high school girls starting a band.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

episode 3 (the one where they have a race to school) was hella loving funny bc it was solely based on gags and lovely animation much like trigger classic "Inferno Cop"

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Beef Waifu posted:

Zorak's moderation was weird as hell, because he's really super like... anal about inherently sexual stuff given the reputation of like anime. However, if it was a show he liked or was interested in he would look past it and essentially tell you to not mention the tits or avoid all discussion about it. This is ignoring the fact that like he apparently trusted Jonjonaug to make the VN thread which somehow lasted for like 3 years? Despite the fact sexual poo poo was discussed in there all of the time and in the KLK thread someone posted a second by second breakdown of the Rape Cage?

Like, the fuckin fact only me or Nate could be trusted with Type-Moon threads felt pretty silly given the fact that all of the people who were making fun of those threads got it out of their system very quickly and thread just does its own thing like any other silly ADTRW thread.

Zorak was always ashamed of anime titties. That's why he wrote a 12 paragraph dissertation on how KLK's fanservice was totally not fanservice at all.

Meanwhile the rest of ADTRW was DEFINITELY NOT watching High School DxD.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

While we're airing general thoughts: I don't get the appeal of K-On at all, and I've watched both seasons + the movie twice

it is very relaxing and the girls are cute and likable and play off each other well. sometimes the jokes land but even when they don't it's all generally charming

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

satsuki can beat my body into a mangled hump of flesh any time dude

I like when she was tied up and her butt got slapped

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

It's a waste of time

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
K-On is like if Lucky Star was on Nick Jr.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Brutal.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

Meanwhile the rest of ADTRW was DEFINITELY NOT watching High School DxD.

are you excited for the new season nigga

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i hate this modless adtrw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that the mods are away we can all get down to business and start making fun of all the K-On fucktards.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

are you excited for the new season nigga

Oh poo poo is there a new season for reals?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Now that the mods are away we can all get down to business and start making fun of all the K-On fucktards.
mods??? modsss??? i cry to the night sky as i get brutally owned

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm going to stab you in the face with my collection of sais

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I trust ADTRW to sort out which anime have acceptable Boner levels without mod intervention.

• Locked thread