Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
wow that was an all time bad joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

A fair number of people are already on their way home. I know that cirno, at least, already flew out.

On the other hand, don't forget that there will be a bonus stream for at least 24 hours after this.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

wow that was an all time bad joke

wow they read that but not my reed memos archive pun.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

AGDQ finales are always chill, watch this man break the gently caress out of your childhood like it's nothing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

awww Cosmo didn't take the bait on that Wind Waker comment.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
First a horrible pun and now Wind Waker bashing!?

Why do I watch this stream? :colbert:

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
The room will probably fill up pretty good near the end of the run, but yeah finales that run late into the AMs are always like this.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Yeah I don't know why people are surprised by this.

1 AM, five hour run, end of the marathon after seven straight days. People are probably either sleeping, partying or already went home.

Now is the best time to do things that will end up on pastebin next week.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

-Inu- posted:

Huh. I don't follow 100% at all but the routing here is interesting. Wasn't expecting a wrong warp to Ganon's Tower right after Gohma.
Jesus.

Fastest and most convenient way of getting explosives. The alternatives are the bottom of the well (which was the way to go pre-wrong warp) and like, Gerudo Training Grounds. Explosives allow for all sorts of crazy movement glitches so they're pretty important early on.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

flatluigi posted:

also apparently bonus stream is supposed to happen starting 10am tomorrow so that's another reason for people to crash now (and maybe try to be up for the finale and early breakfast)

Has anyone mentioned if bonus stream will have Mario Party 2? This is important.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

IcePhoenix posted:

it's 1 am, a five hour run, and a lot of people probably have flights to catch and rooms to check out of tomorrow morning

not sure what you mean by "other run" since the space behind the couch is way fuller than basically all of the late night runs I've watched

I think the blind run of a lot of the same game is killing it too.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

With N64 Nintendo first party games, you tend to have the most glitches in a first edition Japanese release, much less in the North American release, and if a European version was made, it'd tend to have the least glitches from either of the two other versions, but new glitches pop up when adapting to the 50 hertz.

So if you're after full glitches you'll go on the Japanese usually. Except that some games might be faster on the PAL region systems but they're more often slower than all the rest.

OoT released in North America and Japan almost simultaneously and the ROMs are exactly the same except for one byte that sets the language.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Has anyone mentioned if bonus stream will have Mario Party 2? This is important.
If it doesn't have mario party this entire marathon was for nothing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

androo posted:

I think the blind run of a lot of the same game is killing it too.

It also doesn't help that this run so far is boring as gently caress because the commentary is non-existent or just not that good.

Also Fishing Simulator 2000 is obviously the worst Zelda game.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The_Franz posted:

OoT released in North America and Japan almost simultaneously and the ROMs are exactly the same except for one byte that sets the language.

He's speaking in general, in OoT's case it's that he can go through dialogue much faster.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

The_Franz posted:

Does that mean the Japanese carts have an English translation in it not normally accessible and vice versa?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Xachariah posted:

Does that mean the Japanese carts have an English translation in it not normally accessible and vice versa?

Yep. You can change it via a Gameshark code or an IPS patch.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Does catching the big fish count towards 100%?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

He has to get the gold scale, I don't think he catches the largest fish though.

Those shades make me think orange neck guy has become aware of his internet status.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Why is everyone on the couch so quiet?

Is it because of the Wind Waker 2013 debacle?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

The Hylian Loach eel fish? No since that's more of an Easter Egg than anything.

It makes no sense that the cow in the house isn't required though. But they are still going by the 100% rules set back in like 2005 and that's how it was for some ridiculous reason. Same with dungeon maps and compasses.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rudager posted:

No these guys are all good friends. It's just really late and Cosmo is probably drunk.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I feel like if you use the word debacle and link to a particular part of a video I should be able to tell what makes it a debacle. But I'm lost.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Rudager posted:

I haven't seen the guy on the left the entire stream this year. Which is good, because he's awful.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Agent355 posted:

I feel like if you use the word debacle and link to a particular part of a video I should be able to tell what makes it a debacle. But I'm lost.

Yeah, same.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Agent355 posted:

The guy talking then talked the entire time and didn't let Cosmo say anything and even critiqued Cosmo. He pretty much ruined the run :(

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah I don't know if that guy messed up his timestamp or what, but way later in that particular Wind Waker run a visibly agitated Cosmo asks Mirrored to please stop talking. That lasted for a little bit, but the dude really overshadowed Cosmo's commentary which he had been practicing on stream for like, a month.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Geight posted:

Yeah I don't know if that guy messed up his timestamp or what, but way later in that particular Wind Waker run a visibly agitated Cosmo asks Mirrored to please stop talking. That lasted for a little bit, but the dude really overshadowed Cosmo's commentary which he had been practicing on stream for like, a month.
I want to say that was about 2 hours into the run, and the silence lasts 5-10m.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I miss the cringey moments. What was the worst thing so far this year? That kid in the Portal race being really childish was the worst I've seen but I haven't been following every moment.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Leeham721 posted:

The endings to these events trigger my anxiety so it's time to duck out. Too many feels, too much realisation that the days are now empty. poo poo runs all day are better than no runs for 5 months straight.

lol

You got 50k+ viewers you guys need to chill the gently caress out

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

jerkstoresup posted:

I miss the cringey moments. What was the worst thing so far this year? That kid in the Portal race being really childish was the worst I've seen but I haven't been following every moment.

The donation comment referencing the cheating incident at the last SGDQ was super awkward.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

jerkstoresup posted:

Maximum cringe so far has been a runner proposing to his gal on the couch. The runner-up (:rimshot:) would probably be someone donating during DS2 saying that beating cancer is easier than beating Dark Souls.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jerkstoresup posted:

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92uRLwrQG8E

were the most cringey things I saw, which is amazing since I've watched nearly every run (gently caress sleep). Last year had so many horrible moments, I'm glad this year went without much of it :negative:

e: and of course the proposal, gently caress that poo poo.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't get what's happening in either the gif or the youtube.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

:allears:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
What's happening in the first gif?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Geight posted:

The kid in the gif was just being super competitive in the Portal race, checking his "opponent" constantly, and being very snippy with people. It was uncomfortable.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
There's also the Gunnars or whatever advertisement in the one Half life run, although I think that maybe was supposed to be ironic? It was pretty dumb anyway.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Geight posted:

Gif, I dunno. YouTube, dude dies thirty minutes into a 100% Super Metroid race due to some rare occurrence and has no backup save. Sits next to remaining racer and looks sad the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

The gif is the shithead kid who raced Portal. He was being obnoxious the whole time and cared way too much about winning/getting attention. Pictured is him looking at the opponent's screen to make sure that he's still ahead (he did it literally every minute)

The video is from the Super Metroid "race" that stopped being a race only 20 min into a 1 hour 30 min run. Dude died in a ridiculous way and sat like that for the remaining hour. It was painful.

e: Seriously, I recorded that clip for the video a ways into the run. It's not even right after he lost, he looked like that for an hour :smith:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 11, 2015

• Locked thread