Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Did anyone mention this yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
This current run actually has a lot of cool tech so far, and he's doing a decent job at explaining it all, so I'm not minding this at all.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goldjas posted:

This current run actually has a lot of cool tech so far, and he's doing a decent job at explaining it all, so I'm not minding this at all.

I wasn't kidding when I said earlier that he'd ease into the commentating and it'd be a chill run :colbert:

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Even worse was after the Portal run they got permission to show off tricks and the snotty kid just kept doing tricks with nobody watching him while the other guy was doing his until people paid attention to him instead.

Countblanc posted:

yes

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Your Computer posted:

The gif is the shithead kid who raced Portal. He was being obnoxious the whole time and cared way too much about winning/getting attention. Pictured is him looking at the opponent's screen to make sure that he's still ahead (he did it literally every minute)

The video is from the Super Metroid "race" that stopped being a race only 20 min into a 1 hour 30 min run. Dude died in a ridiculous way and sat like that for the remaining hour. It was painful.

e: Seriously, I recorded that clip for the video a ways into the run. It's not even right after he lost, he looked like that for an hour :smith:

Oh drat, that poor guy. I was at work so all I knew is that the animals finally escaped their doom.

Also :rolleyes: at that portal kid. AGDQ races are cool when they have e-sports commentary but the last thing we need is e-sports attitudes.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Countblanc posted:

Yes and it's almost definitely fake, like a lot of trolly bullshit on 4chan

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I wasn't kidding when I said earlier that he'd ease into the commentating and it'd be a chill run :colbert:

ZFG is a super chill runner. FrankerZ-approved.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What a time to crash :negative:

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
The internet at the hotel they are doing this at goes down this time every night for like 5 mins, it will be back.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
gently caress, he was just about to pull off a sweet move too.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
one thins is for sure the internet sucked this time around

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
There's been a couple of bad moments this year. Caleb pulling the Stallone-speech after he lost a race and pressuring his girlfriend to say she loves him in front of the camera was definitely one of the highlights.

Say it!

Poultron
May 26, 2006

snodig posted:

There's been a couple of bad moments this year. Caleb pulling the Stallone-speech after he lost a race and pressuring his girlfriend to say she loves him in front of the camera was definitely one of the highlights.

Say it!

this was definitely the height of cringe for me

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

snodig posted:

Say it!

:stare: That sounds awful, I'm gonna go check that out

Geight fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 11, 2015

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

snodig posted:

Say it!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

snodig posted:

Say it!

link

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
It was especially great because when it came felt like Caleb wasn't about to let no NERD outdo him with love by proposing to his girlfriend.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTvFAe43m_Y&t=2293s

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Volga wasn't having any of his poo poo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Does Poxnor still do stuff within the marathons like donating thousands of dollars and I've just been missing them these past few or is he off doing something else?

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Caleb is always a joy to watch.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Comrade Question posted:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Comrade Question posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5zbqxP41c

New Donation: $1.00 from F The Police

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Question posted:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Hylian Loach eel fish? No since that's more of an Easter Egg than anything.

It makes no sense that the cow in the house isn't required though. But they are still going by the 100% rules set back in like 2005 and that's how it was for some ridiculous reason. Same with dungeon maps and compasses.

Wat's the deal with the cow?

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

The_Franz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5zbqxP41c

New Donation: $1.00 from F The Police

This one is my favourite, the music really makes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WilkndNIIfI

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
And it got a bit awkward when someone donated under the name Sam when Stivitybobo was running Banjo-Kazooie : "I lost my wife this past june. She loved banjo so here's some money for a great cause, a great game and a great runner".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This run is just Link grappling with suicidal tendencies.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

This run is just Link grappling with suicidal tendencies.

I snorted.

I assume the "grappling" was a pun.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

snodig posted:

And it got a bit awkward when someone donated under the name Sam when Stivitybobo was running Banjo-Kazooie : "I lost my wife this past june. She loved banjo so here's some money for a great cause, a great game and a great runner".

that was kinda awkward but the person who made that donation owns

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

snodig posted:

I'm missing something here, I think. How's that awkward? (I mean, unless you consider reminiscing about good times awkward, or just assume it's a flat out lie?)

But overall I must say there's been much less awkwardness than in AGDQs past. As people noted, the event felt a bit "stiff" the first day, but I think the organizers and staff rose to the challenge magnificently and hammered those issues out well by the second day.

Been a great AGDQ is what I'm saying. And now to spend five months in a state of minor depression, waiting for SGDQ.

Edit: Oh, duh, I get it -- runner drama? I don't keep up with that much.

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 11, 2015

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Cubey posted:

that was kinda awkward but the person who made that donation owns

Didn't someone wear a "I LOVE MY WIFE" shirt during the whole SMW TAS segment?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I can appreciate that they want a last-minute bid war to drive up the total to a million, but "which Zelda game is the best" doesn't seem like it'll cut it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Mutation posted:

Didn't someone wear a "I LOVE MY WIFE" shirt during the whole SMW TAS segment?
It was "I LOVE (when) MY WIFE (lets me play video games)" but yes. And it was funny.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

that song-of-time block skip was kinda heinous

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I'm missing something here, I think. How's that awkward? (I mean, unless you consider reminiscing about good times awkward, or just assume it's a flat out lie?)

I think Stiv hosed this Sam dude's wife on like, SGDQ which is in June. So no-one died but the message is full of different nods to that incident.

e: Also, nothing this year even comes close to the kind of awkward like the Tomba run last year. So glad we didn't see that little creep here this event.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

I can appreciate that they want a last-minute bid war to drive up the total to a million, but "which Zelda game is the best" doesn't seem like it'll cut it.

It might if it wasn't nearly 3AM EST, but what are ya gonna do. :shrug:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's a bit lame but to be fair to the GDQ staff it was The Yetee who requested it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
MM 100% is also an amazing run for people who are interested. I believe ennopp still has the WR.

And I love ZFG and I'm so glad he was able to attend ADGQ on his 12th birthday. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Is anyone even going to be around for the finale at 6:00 local time?

• Locked thread