Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I'm missing something here, I think. How's that awkward? (I mean, unless you consider reminiscing about good times awkward, or just assume it's a flat out lie?)

But overall I must say there's been much less awkwardness than in AGDQs past. As people noted, the event felt a bit "stiff" the first day, but I think the organizers and staff rose to the challenge magnificently and hammered those issues out well by the second day.

Been a great AGDQ is what I'm saying. And now to spend five months in a state of minor depression, waiting for SGDQ.

Edit: Oh, duh, I get it -- runner drama? I don't keep up with that much.

I don't know all the details, but the guy running the game (stivitybobo) had sex with another runner's wife last event.

quote:

Hey Sam,

So a lot of things have happened this week. I swear to you that I never had the intention of doing any of these things. I'm not going to speak for the other guys. I will just say that I, out of everyone, committed the most of what happened...I'm sure you know. I will be honest and admit that I like Tolki a lot. I always thought she was awesome, and seeing her at sgdq just solidified it more. I also was just high on sgdq hype, and was pretty drunk when the cheating first happened, but those aren't good excuses at all. The fact of the matter is that I gave into temptations. I am a good person with good values and have respect for people who deserve it, and in this particular instance I completely removed myself from that persona out of selfish desires. It doesn't matter how much I like her or was tempted to do anything. She is your wife, and out of respect for someone who was one of my best friends, I should obviously have not done what I did. Speaking of her being your wife, I just want to say that I strongly advise you to not take her for granted. She is something special, always remember that.

Let me just say that this was the worst thing I have done to someone in my life; the lowest I have ever been. I blatantly betrayed you for no good reason. After all of the talks we had, all of the advice we exchanged, and all the fun we've had together as friends, I went ahead and ruined everything.

I'm not expecting a response to this. I'm assuming you want nothing to do with me anymore, which is understandable. But I just wanted to apologize to you as best as I could. Just know that I still consider you my friend, even though you don't consider me yours. If you are willing to talk, I am always open to.

I am so unbelievably sorry. This is going to stay with me for the rest of my life.

Good luck with everything in the future, and I hope things work out for you in life.

All the best,
Stiv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

The_Franz posted:

Is anyone even going to be around for the finale at 6:00 local time?

It was like this last year, room is mostly empty until 1-2 hours before the run ends, then it gets packed.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Your Computer posted:

e: Also, nothing this year even comes close to the kind of awkward like the Tomba run last year. So glad we didn't see that little creep here this event.

Aw that's kinda mean. It's not like he followed them home.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Im holding on for Dampe then Im going to sleep.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Thanks for the explanation, guys. And yeah, I can see how that message was a tad awkard then. :)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Your Computer posted:

e: Also, nothing this year even comes close to the kind of awkward like the Tomba run last year. So glad we didn't see that little creep here this event.

I missed that one, what was that like?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

It's me everyone, I'm A. A. Ron.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

snodig posted:

I don't know all the details, but the guy running the game (stivitybobo) had sex with another runner's wife last event.

i just love how this message is basically him bragging about loving his friend's wife lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeesh, if they're down to reading $5 donations then it's really dried up.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Your Computer posted:

Somebody linked that earlier in the thread. It took a lot of effort to watch it all the way through. Honestly couldn't blame the runner for being a dick: he tried really hard to be friendly about it for the first hour or so before he couldn't take it anymore.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Zurreco posted:

Somebody linked that earlier in the thread. It took a lot of effort to watch it all the way through. Honestly couldn't blame the runner for being a dick: he tried really hard to be friendly about it for the first hour or so before he couldn't take it anymore.

Couldn't take what?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sometimes Twitch chat is great. Right after the donation saying "My wife even went down the isle to the orchestra version of Zelda's Lullaby" there was a comment "fat wife confirmed."

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants

Austrian mook posted:

Couldn't take what?

Chibi acting like a moron during his run, including doing jumping-jacks in front of the runner among other things.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Austrian mook posted:

Couldn't take what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BHdjlM31g

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Austrian mook posted:

Couldn't take what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BHdjlM31g

e: longer one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
This finale is incredibly boring

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Tomba owns but that was super awkward. Honestly at least during the times I've been awake there actually hasn't really been anything that bad at all, which is pretty impressive.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
stream dead?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nah, a sick meme.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

DoctorWhat posted:

stream dead?

nop

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Even twitch wants to take a break during the fishing sequence

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jesus Christ.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Poultron posted:

Tomba owns but that was super awkward. Honestly at least during the times I've been awake there actually hasn't really been anything that bad at all, which is pretty impressive.

Yeah, for a large long gathering of video game enthusiasts, it's been pretty good.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

There's a followup where the runner explains that the guy was a random who invited himself to the couch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rUzA8O_aQ

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Austrian mook posted:

Jesus Christ.

the runner in that clip was in this agdq and did a few runs and was smiling and having fun because there wasn't some douchebag who invited himself to the couch without the runner's consent :)

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Cubey posted:

the runner in that clip was in this agdq and did a few runs and was smiling and having fun because there wasn't some douchebag who invited himself to the couch without the runner's consent :)

I suspect this run in particular was largely influential in the "no fun" lockdown that was going really hard on the first day, and in the new stricter rules in general

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

One man's awkward is another man's hilarious I guess because that was some funny poo poo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

There's a followup where the runner explains that the guy was a random who invited himself to the couch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rUzA8O_aQ

That ending :vince:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This run would be fine if ZFG wasn't basically doing solo commentary. I don't think the couch was this dead in past finales.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

This run would be fine if ZFG wasn't basically doing solo commentary. I don't think the couch was this dead in past finales.

Cosmo and Runnerguy, esp Cosmo, probably haven't slept in days.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

To his credit ZFG is trying to engage Runnerguy and Cosmo every once and awhile, but yeah they're both probably dead tired.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Holy poo poo this was my favorite moment from 2014.

"I would really prefer if you would be quiet."

Worth mentioning this is probably a driving factor behind making the couch shut the gently caress up so much on the first day during 2015, because the runner had no idea who this guy was AFAIK.

Edit: Follow up with the guy running Tomba on his stream. Poor guy had no idea who the kid was.

AbrahamLincolnLog fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 11, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I envy those of you who find awkward stuff hilarious :( Even the tiniest bit of cringe makes me die inside, I just can't watch.

e: since we're already talking about cringe and Chibi (the annoying dude), here's another pearl from the little creep for those who haven't seen it:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 11, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Your Computer posted:

I envy those of you who find awkward stuff hilarious :( Even the tiniest bit of cringe makes me die inside, I just can't watch.

Me as well. I don't enjoy awkward scenarios at all, they just make me feel awkward and embarassed by proxy and I can't watch them.

I for one have enjoyed this *GDQ more than any of the others, the combination of the better overlay/larger game screen and stricter rules regarding who gets to be on the couch has made everything much better.

I haven't even seen blue glass once, only heard his obnoxious laugh a couple times but compared to having him butt into every other run this is so much better.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Whoa there pardner, Blueglass is great and wasn't "butting in" on anything, he never sat himself on the couch without being asked he was just in the rows behind for an inhuman amount of runs last AGDQ because he's a bro.

Comparing Blueglass to Chibi is just cruel. At least Blueglass is actually a speedrunner. :v:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

if you dont like blueglass loving leave

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Blueglass is basically awkwardness and uncomfortbaleness personified and I can't enjoy anything he appears in. I can't imagine I'm the only one either.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

$900k reached!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

Blueglass is basically awkwardness and uncomfortbaleness personified and I can't enjoy anything he appears in. I can't imagine I'm the only one either.

:agreed:
At least he wasn't as bad as the balding dude with the "lick lips every second" tick that was behind the couch on 90% of the runs last SGDQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZELoI33T4&t=1364s
(on the left. Dude just sat there staring, licking his lips for hours at a time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Wind Waker is runner up for worst Zelda? Lot of absolute fuckers donating.

• Locked thread