Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
Anyone played 7 Days To Die? Recommend that to anyone that liked DayZ/Rust. The thought put into the AI is pretty good such as being able to hear and smell your activities. Have been enjoying building forts that hordes try to break into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
did people switch teamspeak again or what

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Should I bother trying to play Dragon Age 2? I played through DA 1 & Awakening and thought it was great, but in the first 10 minutes of DA 2 it just seemed like poo poo.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DA2 is boring as poo poo but the characters are somewhat interesting if you enjoy typical bioware poo poo.

The game part is really loving bad though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe I'll just skip to DA:I then

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The PGS Elite thread has gone full retard.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The PGS Elite thread has gone full retard.

I don't know what pgs is but I'm not surprised based on what I read the last time in the Elite thread

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Private games forum. People on other forums are saying goons are coming to ruin their game like EvE so the Jotunheim goons want to make it come true.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Is that a bad thing?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Godholio posted:

Is that a bad thing?

not really because it'll just end up with people blacklisting known goons which just removes them from the world.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's half the fun is watching other people whine about goooons

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Goons.

Goons never change.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

krispykremessuck posted:

not really because it'll just end up with people blacklisting known goons which just removes them from the world.

wait. you can blacklist someone so they never show up in multiplayer mode?

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ded posted:

wait. you can blacklist someone so they never show up in multiplayer mode?

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah if you add someone to your ignore list or whatever you basically take them out of your game world entirely

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
I like how in Elite one of the rear end in a top hat NPC politicians is named Petraeus.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

krispykremessuck posted:

yeah if you add someone to your ignore list or whatever you basically take them out of your game world entirely

the ultimate in fingers in the ear LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU

why even bother making a multiplayer mode?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

ded posted:

the ultimate in fingers in the ear LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU

why even bother making a multiplayer mode?

because single player was too hard for the developer to do without breaking their VISION of the game...so there is no offline mode in Elite:Dangerous.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

when I play elite I basically just do space tourism poo poo anyway, so I just roll in solo mode. every time I go online I basically get rammed in a docking port and just switch back

Analogical
May 20, 2013

I do hope goons ruin Star Citizen. I've never seen a bigger conglomeration of carebears and neckbeards so adamant about everyone else making sure nobody trolls anyone else and everyone holds hands. There's a whole group of people on "goon watch" who claim they're going to defend SC from turning into EVE

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Analogical posted:

I do hope goons ruin Star Citizen. I've never seen a bigger conglomeration of carebears and neckbeards so adamant about everyone else making sure nobody trolls anyone else and everyone holds hands. There's a whole group of people on "goon watch" who claim they're going to defend SC from turning into EVE

I love how goons ruined so much poo poo in EVE and other games that even the thought of us creating a new alliance in a random game is enough to terrify some people.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i messed around a lil bit with grim dawn and its more or less a witch hunter general mod for titan quest. felt like i was home :3:

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i messed around a lil bit with grim dawn and its more or less a witch hunter general mod for titan quest. felt like i was home :3:

never even knew this came out and i liked TQ enough, gonna dl :)

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

I love how goons ruined so much poo poo in EVE and other games that even the thought of us creating a new alliance in a random game is enough to terrify some people.

Starfleet Dental just doesn't have the same gusto as GoonSwarm

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
No but they sure pissed people off.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I finally played through Ground Zeroes, how the gently caress did KFFF or whoever manage to log 20 hours in that again exactly? I felt like I was done in 30 minutes, even though I know I have maybe 2 more hours of decent bullshit-hunting gameplay.

Still looking forward to phantom pain because that was pretty as gently caress and played decent aside from the camera.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
The game is meant for multiple playthroughs to try to get better scores and unlock things. You can unlock the cyborg ninja armors of Raiden and Gray Fox which can get pretty sweet. It's also fun killing enough enemies that they eventually run out of reinforcements.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

I finally played through Ground Zeroes, how the gently caress did KFFF or whoever manage to log 20 hours in that again exactly? I felt like I was done in 30 minutes, even though I know I have maybe 2 more hours of decent bullshit-hunting gameplay.

Still looking forward to phantom pain because that was pretty as gently caress and played decent aside from the camera.

woah not sure how you managed to link me to any metal gear related horseshit bruh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's fat slampig who is eternally stiff over all things mgs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's fat slampig who is eternally stiff over all things mgs

ac!d 1 and 2 arent that fun for me

and portable ops wasnt good

but yeah i really like mgs

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

ac!d 1 and 2 arent that fun for me

and portable ops wasnt good

but yeah i really like mgs

You'll always be my vet dork nerd buddy to sperg out about mgs with :hfive:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mgs is great because the worse the writing is, the better the game is

if you never played peace walker then you should fix that asap. its on ps3 and 360. hell, you could use a psp emulator on a pc and play it

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I just beat Peace Walker the other day, can confirm it's rad as poo poo, even with fuckin' Kojima's whacked-out storylines.

I can't imagine playing any of them on a handheld, though. That must suck.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

can you get 4 on xbox?

i played the hell out of 1 when i was a kid and picked up the hd collection for 360 a while back and loving loved it, mgs2 owned but haven't had a chance to play 3 and the bonus yet (peace walker?)

just wondering about 4 since i just smashed through revengeance which was awesome

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nah, 4 exists only for PS3. Something about too much data to be practical for a console that uses regular DVDs. As it is, you have to install a whole bunch of poo poo from the disc to the hard drive as you go through different parts of the game.

e: Apparently there's a patch for it that allows you to install the whole thing at once, now.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I just beat Peace Walker the other day, can confirm it's rad as poo poo, even with fuckin' Kojima's whacked-out storylines.

I can't imagine playing any of them on a handheld, though. That must suck.

To be honest Kojima whacked-out storylines is a big reason why i enjoy MGS games. Without it we would not have gotten MGS Revengance and that is a legit good game on its own.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Nah, 4 exists only for PS3. Something about too much data to be practical for a console that uses regular DVDs. As it is, you have to install a whole bunch of poo poo from the disc to the hard drive as you go through different parts of the game.

e: Apparently there's a patch for it that allows you to install the whole thing at once, now.

I remember those. Good time to pee and grab a sandwich because it's a good 10-15 minutes of installing that would be followed by 20-40 minutes of cutscenes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I never got very far in MGS 4 before selling my PS3 but I'm kind of itching to give the whole series a runthrough

How come MGS 4 isn't on PS Now

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Also I played through Dragon Age 2 this weekend and god dammit I should've listened

It's not an awful game, but coming from a company like Bioware it's incredibly disappointing

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Tried to play Watch Dogs but found the game's heinously unrealistic hacking to be neckbearding me into a rage and I couldn't go any further.

FC4 on tap now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I bet you think the movie Hackers is dumb too

• Locked thread