Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Narciss posted:

I love how oppressed teens speaking their minds and defending their religion the only way they know how is "terrorism", while millions of reactionary white Europeans storming through the streets is a "rally". gently caress the Mainstream Media.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Narciss posted:

I love how oppressed teens speaking their minds and defending their religion the only way they know how is "terrorism", while millions of reactionary white Europeans storming through the streets is a "rally". gently caress the Mainstream Media.
I'm not sure what you mean. Racist demonstrations and rallies is not terrorism, it's racist rallies. Shooting a bunch of caricaturists over their caricatures is terrorism, and it was not done by "oppressed teens speaking their minds", but by economically comparatively stable adults following perverse ideologies.
There's also instances of that, and it's called a riot, not a rally, but I am sure that's mostly related to the number of cars burned and shops destroyed. If white racists do that, it's also called a riot.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Narciss posted:

Peacefully demonstating in favor of liberal values against violently backward and conservatarded religion is 'reactionary?'

You are a drooling idiot.

I wish leftists would disown fuckers like this.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

TheImmigrant posted:

Peacefully demonstating in favor of liberal values against violently backward and conservatarded religion is 'reactionary?'

This is some top-tier cringe. I have yet to see a criticism of Islam in this thread that is not dogwhistle racism for anti-Arab sentiment.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Muslims I could't say. Few non-whites in general.

Fore reference: Muslims make about 7% of the population. There are no statistics on non-whites, since it's illegal in France to inquire about it.

I'm hoping the percentage of Muslims in the population comes from other census means (number of mosques and number of members)

Because otherwise that means it's legal to take a religious census but illegal to poll on other identifications :shepface:

Narciss posted:

Let people honor national martyrs (especially the police who were killed guarding the offices) - and remember that terror in defense of liberty is no vice.

The mass media's sin is not explaining how this mindset is a secular mirror to the perceived opponent.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Narciss posted:

This is some top-tier cringe. I have yet to see a criticism of Islam in this thread that is not dogwhistle racism for anti-Arab sentiment.
Islam is a religion. Religions are dumb.

Done.

astupiddvdcase
Nov 30, 2014
There should be a 'poo poo muslims say' thread so we can post dumb comments from radical muslims on fb and social media.
Oh look 12 people got gunned down for a cartoon im going to complain about how i cant yell 'bomb bomb usa bomb bomb uk,' in the streets, oh wait why am i not gunned down my some uk extremist? Why am i even living in the uk?

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

Cat Mattress posted:

It is.

It is much more admirable than broad disdain for freedom of speech.

I'm really skeptical that the French really believe in unrestricted freedom of speech since they have a very different attitude if you criticize Israel or Judiasm you could be subject to criminal penalties. Everyone has limits. Criticizing Islam is low hanging fruit, its hardly an unpopular opinion.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheImmigrant posted:

You are a drooling idiot.

I wish leftists would disown fuckers like this.

It's part of the conservative mindset to demand "disowning" from inchoate others, it seems. But you demand the same of Muslims, and they do it, and you're like "WHERE IS IT? I SIMPLY DO NOT SEE MUSLIMS DENOUNCING RADICALISM!" *wears two eyepatches* "WHERE IS IT?"

So why would we run after your demands to denounce this or that? It's not like you're going to stop erecting strawmen of whatever you want leftists to be.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
edit: nevermind, he's just trolling which ever way he can.

rudatron fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 11, 2015

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Narciss posted:

Everyone takes it as a given that Islam, as an organized religion, is poo poo. It is doubly poo poo because it's oppressive, patriarchal and in many cases ultra-conservative. What is there to criticize?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Narciss posted:

A muslim walks into a bar and orders a beer.
The bartender says "Isn't that Haram for you people".
The muslim answers he's free to practice his religion as he pleases.
Then a psychopath storms in and mows down everyone with dual wielding AKs.

Such is life in modern liberal democracies.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Narciss is either trolling now or was trolling before when he was talking about muslims cutting off clitorises and mass murdering people all the time earlier in the thread. Or its account sharing. Just check his posts in this thread.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Cingulate posted:

Islam is a religion. Religions are dumb.

Done.

That's, uh, racist.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

rudatron posted:

Pretty sure narciss is being sarcastic, his post history in this thread are dumb pot-shots as islam. He, much like yourself, is a mouth-breathing retard who sees christians as diverse but muslims as monolithic.
After 15 bans and 42 probations (his last one 'one month' probation ended today) i think you may be on something there!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

McDowell posted:

I'm hoping the percentage of Muslims in the population comes from other census means (number of mosques and number of members)

Because otherwise that means it's legal to take a religious census but illegal to poll on other identifications :shepface:

I think it comes from foreign administrations/media.

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Muslims I could't say. Few non-whites in general.

Fore reference: Muslims make about 7% of the population. There are no statistics on non-whites, since it's illegal in France to inquire about it.

Why is it illegal to inquire about that?

How many people in France are British (white)?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mandy Thompson posted:

I'm really skeptical that the French really believe in unrestricted freedom of speech since they have a very different attitude if you criticize Israel or Judiasm you could be subject to criminal penalties. Everyone has limits. Criticizing Islam is low hanging fruit, its hardly an unpopular opinion.
CH insulted Jews and Israel.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

lurker1981 posted:

I could tell you about British if googled it but I couldn't tell you about white British.

It's illegal because of historical reasons, the main one beign that the last time we had a census for ethnicities/religions, it was used to send trainloads of people down to the Nazi ovens.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

That's, uh, racist.

No, it isn't.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lurker1981 posted:

You can't make racial statistics in France. France is officially "color-blind", there's no race recognized, all French citizens have the same status (except on some special status territories like French Polynesia).

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 11, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

A Pale Horse posted:

Narciss is either trolling now or was trolling before when he was talking about muslims cutting off clitorises and mass murdering people all the time earlier in the thread. Or its account sharing. Just check his posts in this thread.

It's common enough that the "leftists" conservatives hold up as examples of ridiculousness are actually conservatives pretending to be leftist caricatures.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Narciss posted:

.يا سيد الأحم, كس أمك

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

I've Just came back from the demonstration in Avignon. There were more people in the demo than inhabitants in the city.

I just got back from the protest in Quimper and I haven't seen this many people in town since the big regional language protest in 2012.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Hob_Gadling posted:

No, it isn't.

It's on a racist frequency that you can't detect.

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Kurtofan posted:

You can't make racial statistics in France. France doesn't recognize race.

I guess that means there aren't any different races in France.

That answers that question.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

TheImmigrant posted:

.يا سيد الأحم, كس أمك

*nods*

Assalam Alaykum, brother.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Mandy Thompson posted:

There is nowhere with absolute freedom of speech. It's a term of art. France has relative freedom of expression. It is not absolute, and certainly not as wide-ranging as it is in the US (where it is also not absolute), but as a general principle it applies in France.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

lurker1981 posted:

French law does not recognize race, especially with regards to French citizenship. French society is another thing entirely.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
First count tallies at 2 million demonstators

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lurker1981 posted:

In the American sense, there are many different races in France, but France doesn't recognize any of them.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

It's on a racist frequency that you can't detect.

Ah, I see. Or rather don't but I suppose that's the point.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
FWIW it is totally not illegal to criticize Israel or Judaism in France. What is illegal is to deny the holocaust.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Disinterested posted:

The Response of Slavoj Zizek to the CH massacre - apologies if it has been posted already, but I think there are some relevant quotations for us:

This is a really loving good article.

This argument is idiotic whether it's from Zizek or some goon. You're not allowed to criticize Islam without someone being leery of Islamophobia. Ok: Let's test it out. I don't like Islam's clumsy doctrinaire monotheism or the onerousness of requirements it places on its followers.That didn't seem bigoted. Oh, you meant you're not allowed to say that Islam is a gutter religion followed by psychopaths, advocates murder and should be suppressed by state force without somebody saying you are some kind of "ignorant bigot." How strange

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

First count tallies at 2 million demonstators

drat that's a lot of people.

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Kurtofan posted:

In the American sense, there are many different races in France, but France doesn't recognize any of them.

That response actually makes more sense.

So I suppose there is only one allowed culture in France, the French culture?

How does that work? I mean, you know on an intellectual level that there are many different races and cultures in France, but you choose not to acknowledge the reality of the situation because the government says it is illegal to do so?

Also, did the French put the Jews on the trains to concentration camps before or after they were occupied by Germany?

If it was before they were occupied, then I can totally understand why you guys feel the desire to censor that part of your history.

Ddraig posted:

FWIW it is totally not illegal to criticize Israel or Judaism in France. What is illegal is to deny the holocaust.

Why would anyone deny the holocaust?

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Tezzor posted:

This argument is idiotic whether it's from Zizek or some goon. You're not allowed to criticize Islam without someone being leery of Islamophobia. Ok: Let's test it out. I don't like Islam's clumsy doctrinaire monotheism or the onerousness of requirements it places on its followers.That didn't seem bigoted. Oh, you meant you're not allowed to say that Islam is a gutter religion followed by psychopaths, advocates murder and should be suppressed by state force without somebody saying you are some kind of "ignorant bigot." How strange

So your entire point is a tone argument. If Muslims go off the reservation about tasteful criticism, the criticism is okay. On the other hand, if you find the criticism tasteless, you'll become very uncomfortable and see lots of racism, which is even worse than mass murder.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

lurker1981 posted:

Because it was made up by the Jews to garner sympathy and play victim :colbert:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

lurker1981 posted:

To quote neonazis: "the holocaust didn't happen but it should have happened."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

lurker1981 posted:

Well if the holocaust went into my place of business and ordered a drink I would probably show it the door.

Serious answer: You'd really, really truly be amazed (or probably wouldn't, depending on how cynical you are). Latest trends in Racist rhetoric usually doesn't go to great pains to deny the holocaust, but say that those wiley Jews added a couple of extra zeros to the official death count.

• Locked thread