Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Some recommendations:

Uncharted
Kazio Mario
Sonic Advance 2
Monkey Ball
Mega Man 7
Majora's Mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

A type of run that could be really fun is a 'bingo race' for zelda. For people who haven't seen one before a bingo card is revealed to all racers at the start of the run and the race is to complete one line. Each entry is a thing to collect, qhich can be items or dungeon completions. So you end up with different runners doing different routes and glitches.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol the counter being stuck under $1m for so long near the end probably drove loads of people to try to push it over and unknowingly it hit 1.5m

i actually did notice that pretty much all of the donations being read out yesterday seemed to be from repeat donators (especially bad puns and stuff)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Zo posted:

lol the counter being stuck under $1m for so long near the end probably drove loads of people to try to push it over and unknowingly it hit 1.5m

i actually did notice that pretty much all of the donations being read out yesterday seemed to be from repeat donators (especially bad puns and stuff)

I noticed that when hosting Vanquish, but thought a select few really loved puns.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

After sifting through some of the logs, there may be as much as :siren: $427k :siren: in donations that never got properly processed until I fixed the bug.

So that's the secret, slow down your own donation tracker to drive more donations.

Did Save the Animals even really win? I demand Florida style recounts! :v:

Good show as always. I'll write up my views in a stupidly long, easily ignored post once I get back from breakfast. Congratulations on surviving.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are the archives of entire blocks of runs? I figured that might be good to play in the background while doing other things, but if there are only videos of individual runs I suppose that'll work too.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

So that's the secret, slow down your own donation tracker to drive more donations.

Did Save the Animals even really win? I demand Florida style recounts! :v:

Good show as always. I'll write up my views in a stupidly long, easily ignored post once I get back from breakfast. Congratulations on surviving.

None of my donations ever showed up on the tracker and neither did witwix's

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are the archives of entire blocks of runs? I figured that might be good to play in the background while doing other things, but if there are only videos of individual runs I suppose that'll work too.
Entire blocks. Links specific runs are just timestamped to start playing at the correct spot for a given run.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

This youtube channel has been putting it all up in six hour chunks.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

And for folks who want the runs chopped up individually, this playlist seems most complete (maybe entirely complete?): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oCuyGCQNJ4WuknwulXjwTVPFY8m8K6t

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Now you can rewatch the exact moment Epic's heart breaks.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UraniumAnchor posted:

Alright, short, quick summary of what went wrong with the donation tracker.
tl;dr: gently caress everything I'm going to bed
Wow, that's a nightmare. Glad it means you got a much better total, even if you don't really get to show it off.

Fancy Hat! posted:

I wonder how the bonus stream is going to be held this year since I recall SGDQ's being cut short after, like a day.
There was a lot of drama over previous bonus streams so they've said they are not doing it that way anymore, but they wanted to keep the details secret. That's the last I remember. :shrug:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Anyone in the know, what happened to the Fire Emblem prize? It's gone from here https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/prizes/12

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Studio posted:

I noticed that when hosting Vanquish, but thought a select few really loved puns.

Unrelaed, but I still can't believe you beat Dark Souls 2 in twenty minutes, Studio.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm watching KH2 right now and it's pretty great, is FF7 worth it after this?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mr E posted:

I'm watching KH2 right now and it's pretty great, is FF7 worth it after this?

FF7 isn't worth it. It's a pretty standard playthrough for over 2 hours then they load up a couple of prepared saves to end up in the endgame and get trolled trying to dupe enough power and speed sources to actually win.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rirse posted:

Unrelaed, but I still can't believe you beat Dark Souls 2 in twenty minutes, Studio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjtI5GvYJoc

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

FF7 isn't worth it. It's a pretty standard playthrough for over 2 hours then they load up a couple of prepared saves to end up in the endgame and get trolled trying to dupe enough power and speed sources to actually win.

Well that's terrible, I hoped it was going to be good at 3 hours for an FF.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Mr E posted:

Well that's terrible, I hoped it was going to be good at 3 hours for an FF.

For what its worth, I enjoyed the FF7 run

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

They could have opted for the glitched route that manipulates a warp directly to the debug room to maximize stats and go to the final battle. It still showcases a lot of the glitches of the marathon route but cuts out the randomness of duping sources.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Tracker's at about $1.32mill and still rising: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/12

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, the tracker will hit 1,5 mil for sure, especially since in some countries, Paypal delays transactions over the weekend, so there might be a big surge on monday morning Europe time.

Unrelated to the tracker, but related to AGDQ, because this just popped up on AdamAK's twitter.

Nice hoodie.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Tracker's at about $1.32mill and still rising: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/12

I wonder if the botched donations will still be in the respective prize pools that they were aimed for.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

flyboi posted:

I wonder if the botched donations will still be in the respective prize pools that they were aimed for.

In the wrap-up they said they were holding off on the drawings until the glitched donations were in, so that's presumably the intent.

e: But you can't go back in time and kill the animals. They're not dead, it's time to accept that and move on.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Epic died for the animals sins.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

KennyMan666 posted:

Aaaand we're done.

So that recommendations list in second post never actually happened yet but I'll try to actually make it happen Soon™.

Post your recommendations, your lists, your pastebins, 'cause I need to know what multiple people agree on are the must-watches, especially from the parts where I couldn't watch myself.

Never Forget :patriot:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

dis astranagant posted:

That's a very misleading way to phrase what happened

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Some recommendations:

Uncharted
Kazio Mario
Sonic Advance 2
Monkey Ball
Mega Man 7
Majora's Mask

The Ninja Gaiden 1-3 relay race was hands down the best "serious" run out of the lot. Highly recommended.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bland posted:

That's a very misleading way to phrase what happened

no thats p accurate

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Final graph.

Boshy wins, with Dark Souls two at a close second.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

How much of Boshy was Broman's Twitch following tuning in for him?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Sir Tonk posted:

Final graph.

Boshy wins, with Dark Souls two at a close second.

Does watching through livestreamer show up on viewer numbers? I've always wondered about that. Same with Youtube: if I download a video with jdownloader or something does it get a view?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
So how many people will realistically stick around for the bonus stream? Judging from what I've seen on twitter it looks like the majority of the attendees are already gone.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Takoluka posted:

How much of Boshy was Broman's Twitch following tuning in for him?

Well he usually has like 3-5k so I don't think that really matters.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

hcreight posted:

So how many people will realistically stick around for the bonus stream? Judging from what I've seen on twitter it looks like the majority of the attendees are already gone.

Depends on who has flights and stuff to catch, jobs to get back to etc.
AGDQ last year had tons of people who stuck around and it went on forever and ended kind of 'naturally' after days with a grumpy speedrunner in the middle of a room with just him, the couch, the game, and two people very very poorly shaving his head into a black bag.
SGDQ had a lot of people who stuck around too, but they ended it abruptly during a run after less than a day. So honestly it could go anywhere.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HUMAN FISH posted:

Does watching through livestreamer show up on viewer numbers? I've always wondered about that. Same with Youtube: if I download a video with jdownloader or something does it get a view?

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

Data is from twitch, as far as I know, so it's probably just pulling the viewer numbers shown there. Just a guess.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Cerebulon posted:

Depends on who has flights and stuff to catch, jobs to get back to etc.
AGDQ last year had tons of people who stuck around and it went on forever and ended kind of 'naturally' after days with a grumpy speedrunner in the middle of a room with just him, the couch, the game, and two people very very poorly shaving his head into a black bag.
SGDQ had a lot of people who stuck around too, but they ended it abruptly during a run after less than a day. So honestly it could go anywhere.

Gotcha. The only bonus stream I remember watching extensively was the 2013 one and that did manage to last for a while, albeit with the final hours down to a handful of people.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
How long after the marathon does the bonus stream start up? Also, is there a schedule for stuff like the smash tournament?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe grouping games into blocks by console would improve setup times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Where's the bonus stream going to be? The normal Twitch channel or something else?

• Locked thread