Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

The venn diagram of "good people" and "people who spend money on star citizen" is two entirely separate circles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

RottenK posted:

The venn diagram of "good people" and "people who spend money on star citizen" is two entirely separate circles

It's why I plan on just shoving pirate goons into a ship and then destroying tryhards with our f2p lightsaber/machine gun/angry fists combinations. In a game like SC, when you never invested anything, it's easy to just ram everything all day.

And ruin fishing pacts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You have my sword

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kimsemus posted:

It's why I plan on just shoving pirate goons into a ship and then destroying tryhards with our f2p lightsaber/machine gun/angry fists combinations. In a game like SC, when you never invested anything, it's easy to just ram everything all day.

And ruin fishing pacts.

Did croberts finally added gameplay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

What a good looking question

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

RottenK posted:

It's a game, and you can play it, sort of.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

RottenK posted:

And one of the circles is a half eaten pie chart.

systemofadam
May 20, 2014

kznlol posted:

This is probably a long shot but would anyone be interested in trading my 16x16 on the north TC coast for a coastal 16x16 in south Cinderstone or south TC?

[edit] or that tiny coastal area right on the west side of Halcy

I have a plot of land in South Cinder I'm willing to give away. Just the plot though, no plans. IGN Artanis in Vaior. I should be coming online in 7 hours.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I'm looking for Prison Camp, South 2C and certain islands (the one in Feuille Sound, the one off Austera, maybe one or two others I'm forgetting). I have gold and a sweet YNY property just north of Caernord right on the water for trade.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
This is getting ridiculous. It's now 8 days since I sent the mail concerning my account ban and I haven't heard a thing from them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerstein posted:

This is getting ridiculous. It's now 8 days since I sent the mail concerning my account ban and I haven't heard a thing from them.

There's a 30-40 day wait time on tickets.

You think I'm joking don't you?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

DancingShade posted:

Oh joy. By that time my sub will have run out anyway.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

You could mail them a letter and they'd get to it sooner.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tell them you want a refund on their Founder's Pack. The turnaround time is a day for that.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

jabro posted:

Tell them you want a refund on their Founder's Pack. The turnaround time is a day for that.

Reply from Trion: "No."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a good game

its not

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

this is a good game

its not

I miss your MetaKnight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I miss your MetaKnight.

It'll make a return sooner or later!

flyable
Feb 22, 2010
Anyone on Aranzeb want to buy a cottage in Dewstone right on the water across from Royster's Camp? My guild has three we are selling and I figured I'd offer it to goons first. We can negotiate price.

Message Taffeta in game.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Sloth glider is finally in game and it's in an RNG box! It even still has the same OP broken abilities. gently caress Trion. Don't come back to this game.

C A S H G R A B G A M E

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Gashapon (RNG boxes) are insanely lucrative because of the gambling addiction inside so many consumers. Any F2P MMO without them is insane.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol trion is literally just trying to grab as much cash as they can from this shitheap before they turn off the servers

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

lol trion is literally just trying to grab as much cash as they can from this shitheap before they turn off the servers

It's a shame, because those fishing pacts were going to save the game economy and make us all rich in a game we were going to play for YEARS! :toot:

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Game seems to be plugging along pretty steadily after the wave of quitting that happens in every game, exacerbated by the horrible mismanagement we saw the first couple of months. I don't know if that will change on 1/20 when founders need to start paying for patron but I guess we'll see. The people who seem to complain about the game most have already quit.

That said, I'd like to see them reduce the cost of labor pots in the cash shop.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Eonwe posted:

It'll make a return sooner or later!

i miss your little kirby guy

and i miss your little...personality, too....

Eonwe............

i am having more fun in Secret World than I ever did in ArcheAge though

real voice-acting for every single NPC in a story-driven game with somehow more variety in skills (Darkrunners and,uh, Primevals were the other one?) and less freely-hacked one-shot PvP weapons enraging Hasla-grinding pedophiles with a willingness to lay down their lives for crates of fish

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao, add me on Steam if you use that. I'm Eonwe and I have a little green dog guy as my av.

im thinking of firing up lord of the rings online again actually

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Looks like the sloth glider is a loyalty item.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Finndo posted:

Looks like the sloth glider is a loyalty item.

Trion actually listened to the complaints and added it to the loyalty store for 350 tokens alongside the rng boxes.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Real talk: When you log on after having been away for a little while, how do you spend your 5000 labor? So far I've just been buying stacks of components to make Small seed oil and Fine Lumber, but it takes for god drat ever to process 2000 lumber.

Edit: Make Small Seed Oil and Fine Lumber to flip on the AH, that is.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 10, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
It does take forever.

The conversion is around 6 seconds per lumber, and each lumber is 5 labor.

e: Comparatively, if you have a hauler, you could make 7 packs (840 labor base) in west Gweonid (I think they take about the same, maybe 10s instead, don't remember) and take the pass through White Arden to Marianople in about 10-12 minutes with fuel.

Unless you do something like craft belts, it takes awhile to spend labor.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 10, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Prophecy120 posted:

Real talk: When you log on after having been away for a little while, how do you spend your 5000 labor? So far I've just been buying stacks of components to make Small seed oil and Fine Lumber, but it takes for god drat ever to process 2000 lumber.

Edit: Make Small Seed Oil and Fine Lumber to flip on the AH, that is.

I don't think there is anything at all that is fast, doesn't take special skills or equipment, and still makes a good profit. For example: Hereafter stones are fast and easy, but you make about 25 silver profit for every 50 labor. Making high level armor can be extremely fast and somewhat profitable, but you need high skill and Regal armor forms to do it. Etc.

People do stuff that is fast and easy on their Euro alts, so I assume Euros do the same thing on their NA alts, which is good because it keeps fast & easy stuff cheap. But it's bad if you just want to burn labor quickly for profit.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
On a related note, I've had pretty good success using the auction channel to buy Thunderstruck trees and logs for 20-30g below AH price and just relisting them. If you have the gold to invest its a nice way to make 10-15g per tree/log.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you get 50k in the processing skills like stonemason and the like you can do mass production which does ten logs, lumber, leather etc at one shot. Takes 50k though. I usually just get a ton of logs or stone, hit 999 on the max craft then do morning stuff like shower, shave and the like. The crafting process will keep you from going AFK.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Prophecy120 posted:

On a related note, I've had pretty good success using the auction channel to buy Thunderstruck trees and logs for 20-30g below AH price and just relisting them. If you have the gold to invest its a nice way to make 10-15g per tree/log.

I flipped merch boat plans for a 700 gold profit yesterday from east side to west... recouped most of what I lost getting scammed the day before.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Which server is the most goon active one? Forgot I actually went on in this game for launch and haven't played until now.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Thanks to the enterprising goon that gave me 2 apex after I bitched in chat about them being 400 gold on the auction house.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Hey, I just wanted to give a heads up to my family that I finally updated AA since before Christmas. Lost all my land but Im just going to mess around and pirate as a f2p now. I think all that extended patron time they gave out is up in a week.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'd like to reform Vaior into The Cuit of Shadows now that there is a good target for goon fuckery. We can let the shenanigans flow and reap tears in faction chat. Steal fishing boats, kill people, bring back the CDC ebola blockades and scream "Cult of Shadows #1!" everywhere until they're all hated for our actions. Will probably try to do it later tonight. Just need three alts to start the guild then everyone will have invite powers to pull people over.

edit: to the guy asking above this is on Aranzeb. Think we're the largest goon guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Greyish Orange posted:

Which server is the most goon active one? Forgot I actually went on in this game for launch and haven't played until now.

I think Aranzeb has the most goons. It's not a huge number of goons and we're spread between a few guilds, but we're still here.

• Locked thread