Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.

Sorbus posted:

I won't judge you as I just ordered this:

I don't even know where I would wear that but the shirt is just so silly!

MR COOL ICE

I have never scrambled faster to find a product in this thread as I have, just now.
Good lord, it's terrible/wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Just picked up a Galaxy Tab 4. I feel like a traitor to microsoft, but it's nice to have a tablet that can use the apps I see on the TV all the time.

(note: When a commercial says "download our smartphone app!" they NEVER mean "on Windows Phone")

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sorbus posted:

MR COOL ICE

guy walked past the bar on Friday wearing this but Black-on-White, I lolled to myself but none of the others I was with were Internet nerds :smith:

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice
My wife got some news where she needed to fly home immediately. With all that is going on I wanted to make sure she arrived in comfort so I got her a business class seat on a 787 Dreamliner so she could hit the ground rested.

Nice pod setup; I'm looking forward to trying it out myself on a future trip.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Mr_Angry posted:

My wife got some news where she needed to fly home immediately. With all that is going on I wanted to make sure she arrived in comfort so I got her a business class seat on a 787 Dreamliner so she could hit the ground rested.

I'm looking forward to the day where I can afford this sort of thing. The free seat upgrades I saw while in the military spoiled me.

To aid me in achieving business class levels of money, I bought some uniball jetstream pens for the next semester.

Easily the best consumer grade pen on the market.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr_Angry posted:

...that's an option you can get on some planes? drat, that's dope.

I mean, I've flown coach every time I've flown in my life, but you have to pass the premium class to get to coach, and I've never even seen a premium class look like this when I've passed by one.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

...that's an option you can get on some planes? drat, that's dope.

I mean, I've flown coach every time I've flown in my life, but you have to pass the premium class to get to coach, and I've never even seen a premium class look like this when I've passed by one.

It's really just on the 787 dreamliner. There are also cabins you can reserve that have beds.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I bought some records.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

App13 posted:

To aid me in achieving business class levels of money, I bought some uniball jetstream pens for the next semester.

confirmed. These pens own

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

App13 posted:

I'm looking forward to the day where I can afford this sort of thing. The free seat upgrades I saw while in the military spoiled me.

Hell yeah I love that pen. I read tons of reviews then bought a 3 pack last year and my coworker wondered why I got so upset when she swiped one and "lost" it, a few months later I found it on her desk.

Thanks for reminding me to buy a few more.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Actually this is the best cheap(ish) ballpoint

http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Point-Retractable-Black-Stainless/dp/B00HM7IXUS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421031358&sr=8-5&keywords=Zebra+f+701

$7 for 1, 2 pack for $12 on prime. I dare you to try one and tell me it's inferior to any other cheap ballpoint.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

New bag to go carry new laptop in. Looking forward to joining the sea of hip coffee shop goers typing in their Macbooks like every other person here.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Sorbus posted:

To quote myself from a different thread:

Trabant posted:

Then:

Now:

If you do something, you loving commit to it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i will never not love mr cool ice

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Trabant posted:

To quote myself from a different thread:

Part of me always thought Mr. Cool Ice was a hoax and was done with a sharpie. It makes me so happy that it is real and that he is continuing to add more skulls and repetitions of his awesome name all over his body.

No one will ever be able to say that he is not Mr. Cool Ice.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

beanieson posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Point-Retractable-Black-Stainless/dp/B00HM7IXUS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421031358&sr=8-5&keywords=Zebra+f+701

$7 for 1, 2 pack for $12 on prime. I dare you to try one and tell me it's inferior to any other cheap ballpoint.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Retractable-Premium-Roller-Point/dp/B001GAOTSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421037459&sr=8-1&keywords=pilot+g2

Unless those aren't ballpoint? Whatever G2 for life.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Holy poo poo. I spent years believing Mr. Cool ICE was a photoshop.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You're all crazy.
Uni ball Vision Needle is the best cheap pen because it can also be used as a weapon.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

beanieson posted:

The ink dries out in zebras much too early for how much they cost. Cheap bic ballpoint pens for life. Also, those jetstreams are nice, but a little too expensive for how long they last.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
G2s or die.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

On VHS, it's been awhile since I kicked it old old school.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I used to be an avid G2 fan myself. Jetstreams are the only pen to win out over them in my book.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
For actual content, I just bought this cause I'm...dumb...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEZGWI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Uni-Ball Vision Elite. Cheap enough, long-lasting, writes wonderfully smooth and consistent, feels great in the hand. Best disposable pen in my opinion.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

beanieson posted:

:colbert:

$6 for a 10-pack during back to school sales. Best pens. This 10-pack has lasted me two years at University, which reminds me that I need to pick up another box.

But only get the orange fine tips. The medium tips are poo poo, and anyone who prefers them is literal trash.

ps I am too poor to afford nice pens that I would want anywhere near a class setting

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sorbus posted:

MR COOL ICE

WHERE FROM? I NEED THIS FOR REASONS.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought 2 mugs in support of a particularly good youtube series I enjoy a whole lot.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Decius posted:

Uni-Ball Vision Elite. Cheap enough, long-lasting, writes wonderfully smooth and consistent, feels great in the hand. Best disposable pen in my opinion.

I, and I imagine many others, can't use Vision pens (or ones in that style,) because of how I write. In addition to creating "blobs" of ink for certain letters/strokes, I end up smearing the ink.

I'm not left handed (though I imagine left-handers have this problem too,) I just write in a weird, goofy way that causes ink to smear.

Edit: I went to a local brewery on Saturday and bought a growler of beer:

I went with 64 oz of It's Complicated Being a Wizard.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Jan 12, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrBouvenstein posted:

I, and I imagine many others, can't use Vision pens (or ones in that style,) because of how I write. In addition to creating "blobs" of ink for certain letters/strokes, I end up smearing the ink.

I'm not left handed (though I imagine left-handers have this problem too,) I just write in a weird, goofy way that causes ink to smear.

What the hell is an imperial brown ipa? :psyboom:

As much as I love craft beer and the micro-brewery movement, some of this poo poo has to stop.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Scarf posted:

As much as I love craft beer and the micro-brewery movement, some of this poo poo has to stop.

Why?

EDIT: I don't actually care, I am just curious why you think this is something that is worth caring about and needs to be stopped.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The name of a beer is certainly a reasonable thing to get angry about.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ishamael posted:

Why?

EDIT: I don't actually care, I am just curious why you think this is something that is worth caring about and needs to be stopped.

It kind of falls along the same lines of all the different sub-genres in music, particularly in heavy metal (seriously, look at this goddamn list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_subgenres) Everyone feels the need to be a unique and special snowflake and combine a couple of styles that have no business being together and are sometimes mutually exclusive.

Instead of just brewing good beer, a lot of these breweries just seem to try and come up with the wackiest combination of styles they can think of.

For example, Stone recently did a collaboration beer called Sprocket Bier, a "Black rye Kölsch ale." Well if it's black and rye, then it's not a Kölsch...

Scarf has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Jan 12, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought 2 mugs in support of a particularly good youtube series I enjoy a whole lot.

For anyone wondering, click the picture for a link to the series in question. 2 dudes wedging a large motor into an old Mini with an obscene level of fabrication and engineering to make it work. I may have to acquire a mug too.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I love the oddly named Burlington Beer Co! There's a lot of stuff on that list I haven't tried, I'll need to check it out again soon. I haven't gone since the grand opening, but we always have at least one of their beers on at work.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

martinlutherbling posted:

I love the oddly named Burlington Beer Co! There's a lot of stuff on that list I haven't tried, I'll need to check it out again soon. I haven't gone since the grand opening, but we always have at least one of their beers on at work.

I have to imagine they came up with the name first, and then weren't able to get space in Burlington and so ended up in Williston.

I haven't had all of their beers...I tend to stick to the ones that aren't too crazy, hence why I just got a "normal" IPA and not one of the weird mash-up ones.

I got the Barista last time, and that is tasty.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Scarf posted:

It kind of falls along the same lines of all the different sub-genres in music, particularly in heavy metal (seriously, look at this goddamn list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_subgenres) Everyone feels the need to be a unique and special snowflake and combine a couple of styles that have no business being together and are sometimes mutually exclusive.

If you are a big fan of metal, all of those sub-genres make complete sense and allow you to search out similar music.

If you don't want to drink it, don't. I like trying new types of beer. Also, imperial brown ales are awesome. I guess that means they should stop.

There will also be Miller Lite for you.

vxsarin has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Jan 12, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm loathe to buy sneaks at full price so I just wait until the sales.

£42 down from £140.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I would willingly try the "surfing waves of dopamine" but it's clearly a hipster plot to ruin beer for us normies

colas
Feb 14, 2007

The only way I'd see the trend being annoying is if you went to a restaurant/bar and couldn't get a normal beer for normal you.

My favorite brewer is Dogfish Head, they do a lot of experimental stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Scarf posted:

I recently had a brown IPA, and it was really good (Columbus Ohio's Seventh Son brewery's 'Mr. Owl' if you're in the region). It was pretty aggressively hopped, but with a darker roasted malt. Good combination of flavors, kind of like citrus in chocolate.