Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I was gone this weekend, what's worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is there even a way for the crane guy to win the crane game in Mario Party? I've never seen it happen.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

Dias posted:

Thank you.

Blueglass is adorable and you're a bad person if you hate him.

What if you don't hate him, just his overbearing laugh? The endless ARR ARR ARR all day every day really grinds my gears (sorry about the harsh language).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Who was the weird rude dude who sat on the couch during a bunch of random runs he wasn't invited to and was generally a jerk during SGDQ14? Was he back for AGDQ?

edit: loving :lol: at someone shouting from off screen, "what turn are you on??"

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 11, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hate is a strong word. i don't hate him. i just don't want him to appear anywhere where I can see or hear him.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

Who was the weird rude dude who sat on the couch during a bunch of random runs he wasn't invited to and was generally a jerk during SGDQ14? Was he back for AGDQ?

Chibi? It seemed like everyone hated him, I think he probably knew better than to come back.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't know why anyone plays mario party with naegleria ever

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ImPureAwesome posted:

I was gone this weekend, what's worth watching?

Kingdom Hearts 2 apparently (didn't watch it), Vanquish, blindfolded OoT. Most runs were fine, but those were the most remarkable from what I could gather.

Leeham721 posted:

What if you don't hate him, just his overbearing laugh? The endless ARR ARR ARR all day every day really grinds my gears (sorry about the harsh language).

Bad person.

I think of Blueglass like a hyperactive 5-year old. He's adorable and funny in short burst, but long-term exposure to him can get irritating, no doubt. Still, can't hate the dude, he's too sincere to hate.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I don't know who that guy is, but he's an unfun dick.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Naegleria is great when he has someone else willing to play rear end in a top hat back at him.

I recognize bassboost, and I recognize the cape dude but can't remember his name. Who's he and who is the person on the far right that is dead silent?

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

mango sentinel posted:

Naegleria is great when he has someone else willing to play rear end in a top hat back at him.

I recognize bassboost, and I recognize the cape dude but can't remember his name. Who's he and who is the person on the far right that is dead silent?

Cape - Emptyeye

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

A grown man wearing a cape doesn't deserve a name imo

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

hitze posted:

Are you saying Dracula doesn't deserve a name? :colbert:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I am glad for the Pac Man sprite superimposed on the crowd. It made me giggle more than it should have.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

hitze posted:

Let me point you to a little game called Castlevania: Symphony of the Night my friend, have you HEARD of Alucard?

:smug:Check mate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LAY-ZX posted:

Are you saying Dracula doesn't deserve a name? :colbert:

What's in a name?

Wait, wrong quotation.

Naegleria gets so salty playing these games, it's beautiful.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hitze posted:

He's at least enjoying it unlike sourpuss "Big Plays" Naegleria

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
who is who here? is naegleria wario?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Looks like

Count Emptyeye - Yoshi
Naegleria - Luigi
bassboost - Wario
Asian dude - Mario

EDIT: In cases of conflicting accounts, always assume I'm wrong. I know for sure Emptyeye is Yoshi and Naeg is Luigi.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 11, 2015

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AHungryRobot posted:

who is who here? is naegleria wario?
Naegleria is Luigi, Emptyeye is Yoshi

I thought bassboost was mario but maybe I'm wrong.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Naegleria is Luigi, and the goons who think he's not hilarious are wrong. Dracula is Yoshi, beardie is Mario, and the mystery player is Wario.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 11, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LAY-ZX posted:

Naegleria is Yoshi, and the goons who think he's not hilarious are wrong. Dracula is Yoshi, beardie is Mario, and the mystery player is Wario.

e: Actually I think I'm dumn and wrong.

You're mostly dumb and wrong, Naegleria is hilarious.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Naelgeria is an rear end in a top hat and he owns. If you get pissed at him you probably have super thin skin irl.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
"Was that trick tool assisted?"

"Well, it was assisted by Naegleria, so that's close enough"

:v:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

beep by grandpa posted:

Naelgeria is an rear end in a top hat and he owns. If you get pissed at him you probably have super thin skin irl.

yep agreed

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Dias posted:

Kingdom Hearts 2 apparently (didn't watch it), Vanquish, blindfolded OoT. Most runs were fine, but those were the most remarkable from what I could gather.

Thanks!

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Agent355 posted:

Hate is a strong word. i don't hate him. i just don't want him to appear anywhere where I can see or hear him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

"I've never died here before" :allears:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
My Wife just said blueglass's laugh sounds like a turkey and she is right.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

My Wife just said blueglass's laugh sounds like a turkey and she is right.

Much like turkey, Blueglass should always be in your thoughts during Thanksgiving.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Closeups of the extreme concentration required for Mario Party

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

And this is what happens when no one cares about Bonus Stream and decides to let people do whatever. That Pokemon Stadium segment was really bad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's said "this is a poorly designed mini-game" so many times it would probably just be faster to preface mario party by saying "this is poorly designed"

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

oatgan posted:

he's said "this is a poorly designed mini-game" so many times it would probably just be faster to preface mario party by saying "this is poorly designed"

He's also said that several times

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

CarpetCrawler posted:

And this is what happens when no one cares about Bonus Stream and decides to let people do whatever. That Pokemon Stadium segment was really bad.

As much as some people want things to go back to the Good Old Days of friendly, small GDQs with bonus streams of just folks hanging out, there's too much money and Internet Fame being thrown around now to de-escalate. More structure, while less "fun", is probably necessary and will do more good than having a free-for-all. Chibi was just a slightly-more-obvious opportunist looking for views, and the incidents with Werster's run this year are probably just symptoms. The 100k viewercount puts pressure on people who either currently do or want to make money playing video games fast for the internet.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

and the incidents with Werster's run this year are probably just symptoms.

I wasn't watching that run, what happened?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nice camerawork.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

LAY-ZX posted:

I wasn't watching that run, what happened?

CrashCat posted:

https://twitter.com/wersterlobe/status/553901446039891968
https://twitter.com/wersterlobe/status/553900603383242752

They also submitted their copy to Kotaku and got all the hits from that too. When you make your living off the twitchbux you tend to get a bit possessive.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

As much as some people want things to go back to the Good Old Days of friendly, small GDQs with bonus streams of just folks hanging out, there's too much money and Internet Fame being thrown around now to de-escalate. More structure, while less "fun", is probably necessary and will do more good than having a free-for-all. Chibi was just a slightly-more-obvious opportunist looking for views, and the incidents with Werster's run this year are probably just symptoms. The 100k viewercount puts pressure on people who either currently do or want to make money playing video games fast for the internet.

Yeah, I agree. The "Good Old Days" bonus streams even those weren't always run super well, mostly because the poor GDQ staff are super tired and no one wants to watch over another few days' worth of stuff. Hence I was kinda in the same boat as Uyama and a few other GDQ staff members, they should probably just dump bonus altogether. I mean, Smash is always a snore and the Mario Party match hasn't really been that good since the one at SGDQ2013. And everyone is just like "well just get more volunteers" as-if the GDQ people haven't always been asking for more to sign up or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Agent355 posted:

I just sincerely dislike his voice. Doesn't help that he reminds me of a self-diagnosed :spergin: weeaboo I used to know many moons ago.

• Locked thread