Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner?
This poll is closed.
Dallas 32 14.88%
Green Bay 51 23.72%
Nazi Germany 75 34.88%
Khmer Rouge 57 26.51%
Total: 215 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Nerdfest X posted:

Dez Bryant, on his deathbed, 57 years from now: "I caught that ball.......I caught that ball........I caught that ball........"

well, he did catch that ball, and maybe we'll get a rule change out of it since Dallas is a pretty big team with some pull and any Dallas fan is rightfully pissed at the application of a lovely rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

old dog child posted:

Broncos Packers or Broncos Seahawks

no because gently caress the Broncos

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wheez the roux posted:

which is what we were saying, and then people were posting "well it's the rule!!" yes, we know it's the rule, that's why we're calling the rule stupid, what does ti being a rule have to do with how we feel about it

It's hard to keep track of what's being argued by who :saddowns:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nerdfest X posted:

Dez Bryant, on his deathbed, 57 years from now: "I caught that ball.......I caught that ball........I caught that ball........"

Dez Bryant, on death bed, whispers "megatron..." and drops a football

a ref overturns his death

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Retail Slave posted:

The rule is stupid and wrong, but are they supposed to ignore it on the field? The refs are supposed to call the game by the rules, right?

I agree the rule shouldn't exist. If it didn't, I'd be pissed off right now. It's not like Dallas is the only team who ever got hosed by that rule.

But it should be priority #1 of the rules committee this offseason to change it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdT5mFAk-Y

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Lord Binky posted:

Americas Team will return

In ICE BOWL III: 50 DEGREES THIS TIME

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This is the first GDT I've been in all year because I'm too sick to go to the bar like I usually do on Sundays. I am The Playoff Poster.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
A fitting way for Dallas to go out. Misery loves company.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Intruder posted:

I'm pretty sure if Dez had broken the plane it would have been ruled a good catch which makes the rule even more hilarious and dumb and confusing
nah, the buccaneers or redskins had a TD taken away from them in a wild card game back in 2005 because of this rule, and the player went into the end zone during the process

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

davecrazy posted:

The ball hit the turf, how can this be complicated?

Ball never hit the turf. A good catch.

just quotin' this

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

MourningView posted:

I don't think it's that clear cut even under the rule, but it's definitely a reasonable call. It's just a bad unnecessary rule.

I didn't think he obviously had control until after the ball hit the ground by the way they call that horrible, horrible rule, but hey I was rooting against the cowboys so I would have to watch it again in a week

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Retail Slave posted:

Yes, because a rule in football is TOTALLY THE SAME as racism.

Get hosed, Wheez.

You are so dumb that the University of Phoenix had to create a rejection letter just for you.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Retail Slave posted:

Get hosed, Wheez.

Wanting blacks to not be able to vote isn't racism, it's common sense.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Retail Slave posted:

The rule is stupid and wrong, but are they supposed to ignore it on the field? The refs are supposed to call the game by the rules, right?

I agree the rule shouldn't exist. If it didn't, I'd be pissed off right now. It's not like Dallas is the only team who ever got hosed by that rule.

But it should be priority #1 of the rules committee this offseason to change it.

Right but you're telling people they aren't allowed to be upset or bothered about it until after the rule's been changed.

edit: That or you think they're unaware of what the rule is even though everyone is aware of the rule thanks to Calvin Johnson.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Retail Slave posted:

Get hosed, Wheez.

People equating "Football Rules" to "The Civil Rights Movement' lack "Perspective."

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

MourningView posted:

This is the first GDT I've been in all year because I'm too sick to go to the bar like I usually do on Sundays. I am The Playoff Poster.

sorry bout your team, MV :( hell of a season though

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Retail Slave posted:

Get hosed, Wheez.

Reduction to the absurd might help you realize that appealing to the law on the basis of "it's the law" is at best nonsense

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Retail Slave posted:

Get hosed, Wheez.

:eyepop:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I don't think the going to the ground rule will change. But I bet they put in some stricter penalties to deal with all these big scuffles that seem to be happening more often, I almost guarantee it. Offsetting penalties and the odd ejection/fine ain't cutting it.

Not like it bothers me, but it seems like something the league would do.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MourningView posted:

You're like the Platonic ideal of a playoff poster though, so chin up

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

first caller to the ticket has lupus

sounds pretty satisfied with the season :unsmith:

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
how can you overturn that call thats like overturning rosa parks sitting in that seat

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vertical Lime posted:

Yeah jesus this is not what i signed up for give me frothy impotent madness

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You are so dumb that the University of Phoenix had to create a rejection letter just for you.

hahahahahaha oh man that is a burn

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Reduction to the absurd might help you realize that appealing to the law on the basis of "it's the law" is at best nonsense

Retail Slave doesn't know what wine reductions are, let alone reductio ad absurdum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hi i'm retail slave and i think maryland has a bad flag instead of the best possible flag also i drink my own pee and am incredibly dumb

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Big Bob Pataki posted:

how can you overturn that call thats like overturning rosa parks sitting in that seat

this guy gets it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lost in this is DeMarco Murray has to feel like complete poo poo right now

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
"A simple dropped pass in the fourth quarter will haunt a football player for the rest of his life and cause him to scream in his sleep." - Hunter Thompson

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Big Bob Pataki posted:

:eyepop:

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

wheez the roux posted:

which is what we were saying, and then people were posting "well it's the rule!!" yes, we know it's the rule, that's why we're calling the rule stupid, what does ti being a rule have to do with how we feel about it

I think a lot of people are arguing that by rule it was complete. In slow motion maybe there is room to create doubt but objectively it did not meet NFL completion standards blah blah blah

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

sounds pretty satisfied with the season :unsmith:

I bet he tells eeeeeverybody about it, too.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol Tony Romo is the first QB to ever lose in the playoffs with a QB rating of over 140.

Just can't get it done guys!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Is it me or does Joe Buck look a lot like Clint Howard today, particularly in profile?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Petite Dinklage posted:

Retail Slave doesn't know what wine reductions are, let alone reductio ad absurdum

haha was he the ketchup poster?? n0ice memory bruv

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Intruder posted:

I'm pretty sure if Dez had broken the plane it would have been ruled a good catch which makes the rule even more hilarious and dumb and confusing

Probably not.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also I don't think going to the ground is an unnecessary rule but it is an overextended rule and combined with the lack of objective criteria on the 'football move' in the rulebook leads to a lot of bullshit

Calvin Johnson in 2010 for example loses the ball WHILE GETTING UP but because the 'football move' is this non-specific "go with your heart" determination they ruled that it was not a football move

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol Tony Romo is the first QB to ever lose in the playoffs with a QB rating of over 140.

Just can't get it done guys!

Great players make everyone around them great. Mush players make everybody around them turn to mush!

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Go Broncos. Go Hawks. Here's hoping to Weed Bowl 2.0 and a double dose of the baffling hilarity that was last years Super Bowl.

Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Let's all take a moment to remember who the real worst playoff team was, the Dallas Cowboys didn't take a delay of game penalty on 4th and 1 then punt the ball at 4th and 6.

• Locked thread