Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
John K is also a prolific rear end in a top hat, and Billy West really wound up disliking him. Which is telling to me because it seems like Billy West is a decent guy. I imagine he's torture to work with. His blog really shows what a pretentious animation hipster he is as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah I always suspected that Ren's personality was based on John's internal dialogue . :v:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Krinkle posted:

Good god I thought John K got fired like halfway into season 1 and that while there was a drop in quality it wasn't directly related but no it's straight up along the season 2/3 divide and every episode I fondly remember is before that, and it's just garbage with guest star voices afterwards.

Counterpoint: Ren's Bitter Half.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I first thought loss.jpg edit were getting really weird then suddenly my eyes were opened.

This is beautiful

In retrospect, this seems so obvious.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Holy poo poo

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The production history of Ren & Stimpy was an absolute clusterfuck from the very beginning. This was one of the very first original Nickelodeon cartoons (along with Rugrats and Doug) and apparently the station was expecting a nice educational show but instead got a gross drug-hosed cartoon about a psychotic rear end in a top hat dog and his retard cat friend screaming at each other and having mental breakdowns. And that's the cleaned up version that John K managed to push through after a deluge of notes and corrections and demands from the station to cut out the worst stuff. There's stories about John K inviting the Nickelodeon executives to have a friendly meet & greet with the writers & cartoonists over dinner and the entire thing devolving into huge screaming matches and threats of violence.

Apparently John K kept an entire folder of the dumb editorial notes they sent him:

I am not surprised at all that he had a screaming matching with executives from a children's network. I used to read John K's blog. It was mostly rants, but he would have insights about animation in his few moments of clarity. Most of it, though, was criticizing other animators for having a different style than him, or using animation in a different way. He's a cranky, intolerant, old fart and gently caress him.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

:chanpop:

Thank you

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Can someone explain what I'm looking at. Did the mom shrink and piss and poo poo everywhere all over an applebees while two separate gameshows' hosts with non-matching podiums looked on?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Krinkle posted:

Can someone explain what I'm looking at. Did the mom shrink and piss and poo poo everywhere all over an applebees while two separate gameshows' hosts with non-matching podiums looked on?

How have you been around since 2003 and not know about Telhix?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Ahahaha no I missed that one. Was the version posted here the one he kept updating before he got banned, as mentioned in the awful wiki?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Krinkle posted:

Ahahaha no I missed that one. Was the version posted here the one he kept updating before he got banned, as mentioned in the awful wiki?

No, I assume ol qwerty bastard just did a Loss.jpg edit of it.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Alright, I'm a dense motherfucker, what is this?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

umalt posted:

Oh, sorry. This should help.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

yee

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

umalt posted:

Telhix Criterion Collection.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Picked up an absolutely horrific/fascinating Gynaecology book from 1962 that has this chart in it. Male and Female homosexuals are classified differently from 'normal' and apparently female homosexuals are prone to 'irregular periods'

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

umalt posted:

Seriously, anyone who is not familiar with this really should take the time to read the thread. I'm not usually one for reading dozens of pages to get to the funny, but the Telhix incident deserves to be absorbed in full, much like WOM.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Centripetal Horse posted:

Seriously, anyone who is not familiar with this really should take the time to read the thread. I'm not usually one for reading dozens of pages to get to the funny, but the Telhix incident deserves to be absorbed in full, much like WOM.

Is there a link to the thread? The SAclopedia just links to the picture.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Len posted:

Is there a link to the thread? The SAclopedia just links to the picture.

I think it was from a mspaint thread "draw embarassing things that have happened to you" or something.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I'm the friend who gave him the magnets.
You're welcome, girlfriend.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Sm2wWxS

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Rondette posted:

Picked up an absolutely horrific/fascinating Gynaecology book from 1962 that has this chart in it. Male and Female homosexuals are classified differently from 'normal' and apparently female homosexuals are prone to 'irregular periods'

Oh, so a normal male looks exactly like Hitler.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

Oh, so a normal male looks exactly like Hitler.

Holotypical human being, if I've ever heard one

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

TravBot posted:

Oh, sorry. This should help.

Post of the century here. Man this takes me back

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BEIBER SMASH!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Toriori posted:

John K is also a prolific rear end in a top hat, and Billy West really wound up disliking him. Which is telling to me because it seems like Billy West is a decent guy. I imagine he's torture to work with. His blog really shows what a pretentious animation hipster he is as well.

I bet Bob Camp at NYCC a couple years ago. I really had no idea of the behind the scenes on R&S, or about John K and Bob's relationship. I innocently asked him about any possible collaboration, and he flipped out and told me a dream he had a few nights ago. In this dream he was back in high school and he ran into John K. John K was wearing a skirt. John pulled up the skirt, he had no underwear on under it and started yelling and screaming at Bob from a gigantic oval office.

They say never meet your heroes...

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Pfft, look at the shadow on his brow. This has clearly been photoshopped.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They look like such big good strong hands
:smith:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

BEIBER SMASH!
*Bieber

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I bet Bob Camp at NYCC a couple years ago. I really had no idea of the behind the scenes on R&S, or about John K and Bob's relationship. I innocently asked him about any possible collaboration, and he flipped out and told me a dream he had a few nights ago. In this dream he was back in high school and he ran into John K. John K was wearing a skirt. John pulled up the skirt, he had no underwear on under it and started yelling and screaming at Bob from a gigantic oval office.

Stifling laughter in a crowded cafeteria at work right now FYI. Thanks.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

This is a homunculus where the body parts with the most nerves are given the most acreage but the ding dong is tastefully omitted.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Railing Kill posted:

I am not surprised at all that he had a screaming matching with executives from a children's network. I used to read John K's blog. It was mostly rants, but he would have insights about animation in his few moments of clarity. Most of it, though, was criticizing other animators for having a different style than him, or using animation in a different way. He's a cranky, intolerant, old fart and gently caress him.

Also, I thought Spike gave him free reign when they had him do new Ren and Stimpy episodes. It meant he didn't have to hide Ren and Stimpy's "relationship". I stopped trying to watch it when Stimpy's butt turned into a catcher's mitt.

He also made his animators redo any expression on Ren and Stimpy that they had already used before, even though they had redrawn it instead of, like, tracing or something. So, yeah, he's an awesome artist on his own, but a huge douchebag to work with from everything I've read. Also creeped on any female animators he worked with.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

This is amazing. :allears:

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Jan 12, 2015

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Krinkle posted:

This is a homunculus where the body parts with the most nerves are given the most acreage but the ding dong is tastefully omitted.

Now the goon in me wants to see the distasteful one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/jun/11/how-to-refresh-your-inner-gollum-health-and-the-homunculus

It's really nothing super special.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

This is funny because there are people who are really doing this seriously.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Where's one with a mondo clit?

E: thank you grey fox

Lazy_Liberal has a new favorite as of 21:24 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread