Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner?
This poll is closed.
Dallas 32 14.88%
Green Bay 51 23.72%
Nazi Germany 75 34.88%
Khmer Rouge 57 26.51%
Total: 215 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Oh my god. They're praising Belichick for the ineligable receiver move.

John Harbaugh as turned the play into a Belichick hagiography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You are so dumb that the University of Phoenix had to create a rejection letter just for you.

:vince:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wheez the roux posted:

which is what we were saying, and then people were posting "well it's the rule!!" yes, we know it's the rule, that's why we're calling the rule stupid, what does ti being a rule have to do with how we feel about it

Don't pretend that every argument isn't being argued right now at the same time.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol Tony Romo is the first QB to ever lose in the playoffs with a QB rating of over 140.

Just can't get it done guys!

the fact that people actually argue that Romo sucks as a qb is infuriating

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Intruder posted:

Lost in this is DeMarco Murray has to feel like complete poo poo right now

Oh my god I totally forgot about that, and he's a free agent too, I'm harder than a diamond in an ice storm right now

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I really like Tony Romo.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Dallas fans: "Maybe.... Maybe our suffering will change the world. For the better."

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
You can tell a football rule is bad when the only thing people are talking about after the game is the rule and not any actual football.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the quality of the football move, but by the content of its badassery

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Ribsauce posted:

I don't think there are 10 people in the NFL with more heart than Dez Bryant

1. Josh Cribbs
2. Tony Romo
3. Danny Woodhead
4. Colt McCoy
5. Jay Cutler
6. Jack Youngblood
7. Jack Tatum
8. Jack Trudeau
9. Joe Turkey Jones
10. Jim Otto

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Lord Binky posted:

I really like Tony Romo.

same

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Intruder posted:

Lost in this is DeMarco Murray has to feel like complete poo poo right now

ADP next year tho

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

illcendiary posted:

Jesus christ if only he had just fallen out of bounds after catching instead of stretching for a TD

I dunno the people who think an incompletion was the correct call have been implying that even if he had taken a step out of bounds, he still needs to have the ball cemented to his hands while he is falling to the ground and while he hits the ground.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Romo is a lovely QB trade him to that lovely Houston team where he belongs

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Go....Pats?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Probad posted:

You can tell a football rule is bad when the only thing people are talking about after the game is the rule and not any actual football.
I'm talking about the rule beacuse I woke up to the play and missed a lot of the 2nd half because i am an old

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Big Bob Pataki posted:

i am a playoff poster and i smell like human poo poo

same

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

troofs posted:

Oh my god I totally forgot about that, and he's a free agent too, I'm harder than a diamond in an ice storm right now

Randle owns and will continue to average 8 per carry as a starter and set every NFL record, actually, so this is bad for the rest of the league.

Or I guess they'll sign AD super cheap and I will be Conflicted.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Intruder posted:

I'm pretty sure if Dez had broken the plane it would have been ruled a good catch which makes the rule even more hilarious and dumb and confusing

I was wondering this same thing, and I agree that in this hypothetical scenario, that would have been called a touchdown but it wasn't because it never broke the plane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MourningView posted:

This is the first GDT I've been in all year because I'm too sick to go to the bar like I usually do on Sundays. I am The Playoff Poster.

Should have watched a Grey's Anatomy marathon instead, IMO.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Olivia Munn is going to get ripped in half tonight

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

I talked to my father about this game earlier today and he praised Rodgers (correctly) and then was like "eh Tony Romo's just not that good!" so I killed him

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Oliver.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

NFL just making up for terrible calls in favor of the Cowboys last week.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

illcendiary posted:

Go....Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haw::haw:haw::haw::haw:haw::haw::haw:haw::haw::haw:haw:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Apples McGrind posted:

Go Broncos. Go Hawks. Here's hoping to Weed Bowl 2.0 and a double dose of the baffling hilarity that was last years Super Bowl.

Hail Satan.

i have my sweater from last year ready for the broncos but i'd prefer to face the pats just to beat the top 2 afc teams back to back

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Intruder posted:

I would unironically cheer for Romo if he was a Texan

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

runoverbobby posted:

I dunno the people who think an incompletion was the correct call have been implying that even if he had taken a step out of bounds, he still needs to have the ball cemented to his hands while he is falling to the ground and while he hits the ground.

Well the ball has to not bobble when it hits the ground so yeah incomplete.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Intruder posted:

:agreed:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Dallas fans: "Maybe.... Maybe our suffering will change the world. For the better."

as a Buffalo fan, this has yet to happen

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
This thread is exactly the same as this song on pregame.

It's poo poo.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"I don't want to be the guy who blows it" Tony Romo wished into the monkey's paw

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

illcendiary posted:

Go....Pats?

don't do this to yourself, just lose interest in football itself till next season.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

johnny sack posted:

I was wondering this same thing, and I agree that in this hypothetical scenario, that would have been called a touchdown but it wasn't because it never broke the plane.

Would it have though? Because he would have gone to the ground any lost the ball anyway, I think the rule applies regardless of whether the plane is broken

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Didn't know Golden Tate was at the game

KNew
Sep 16, 2007

Yu does not care for puns

troofs posted:

I am pretty okay with Murray leaving, i would be way more upset if they sign him to gigantic contract or allow Dez to leave

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

runoverbobby posted:

Maintaining the process going out of bounds is an okay use of the rule in my opinion, it's on the field of play where I think it's overextended. On the field you can call it a fumble, going OOB it's either a catch or its not and there's no opportunity to make a football move

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

sweet thursday posted:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the quality of the football move, but by the content of its badassery

Outside of areas of player safety, allowing cool poo poo to happen should be the driving force behind every rule in every sport.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This song is pretty important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

don't do this to yourself, just lose interest in football itself till next season.

I think I'm just cheering for the entire AFC really

• Locked thread