Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What's the status on making threads to discuss things clearly inspired by anime in some non-trivial form but not actually made in Japan like Wakfu or RWBY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Congrats Mr Ferguson. Where is the King of the Hill thread?

No, Oatgan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's the status on making threads to discuss things clearly inspired by anime in some non-trivial form but not actually made in Japan like Wakfu or RWBY?

I don't mind, but if anything has like a thread in BSS or TVIV, I ask that you not make one here.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think rwby had a thread?? but it was really terrible because its really terrible

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
what happened to zorak?

e:n not that I blame him for wanting to quit modding adtrw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait that's Slapnuts, gently caress

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anatharon posted:

what happened to zorak?

Anime fatigue and work demands.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PotU posted:

i think rwby had a thread?? but it was really terrible because its really terrible

It is okay to have bad threads.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Wakfu was surprisingly good, france should probably keep making anime

grats beef waifu, chill adtrw is a p good subforum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anatharon posted:

what happened to zorak?
he went to be with his people in the irc

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

rodyle are you named after the villain from tales of symphonia

that's the only place i've ever seen the name 'rodyle' but he's a fairly minor villain so i dont know why anyone would name themselves after him

Yes, yes I am. His Dick Dastardly voice, generic mad scientist tendencies, and tendency to call people cockroaches amuses me, and it's pretty much guaranteed to never be taken unless I signed up for some Tales fansite (I'd prefer being drawn and quartered, I think).

Soul Nomad loving rules, as an aside.

Wakfu's first season and the Nox special ruled, I didn't much care for the rest.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 11, 2015

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Wait that's Slapnuts, gently caress

You should know this by now

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Wakfu was surprisingly good, france should probably keep making anime

grats beef waifu, chill adtrw is a p good subforum

I've started on it, its weird living in Quebec as I keep recognizing words but the accent is so different from what I'm used to. :stare:

Beef Waifu posted:

I don't mind, but if anything has like a thread in BSS or TVIV, I ask that you not make one here.

Thank no problem, I was just checking.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, I like it a lot

Have you also read ONE's version?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The new adtrw is good but the mod should go back to the kavinsky av imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

You should know this by now

You guys haven't talked to me in a while, dude.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Have you also read ONE's version?

No, one day I might.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zedd posted:

We have a new mod but you did not sticky something about The Steam:steam::10bux: Anime Sale? For shame...

You like Kavinsky though, so we are cool.
I will buy Recettear for people for 4 dollars(an extra dollar off!!!) during the sale because I think it is a thing people should play. If you want a copy get at me(I have a very small amount of funds, disregard the no funds thing if you're only getting Recettear)

The shopkeeping aspect of it is pretty much unique and the dungeoncrawling is divisive but I think decent, plus the localization is outstanding and done by two goons who are cool dudes. I really wish the like four people who made it would make a sequel.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Is that game actualy good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That webcomic of the game sure isn't

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

it seems unlikely

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

You guys haven't talked to me in a while, dude.

No, one day I might.

Well read it really quickly tonight, and then you'll be able to probate people for posting spoilers in the murata redraw thread.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Recettear? Recettear fuckin' owns.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I never actually beat recettear but I enjoyed playing it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So does Fortune Summoners, not quite as much as Recettear does tho.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

It's a lot of fun.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Even the demo of Recettear is worth playing for the message at the end.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I beat Recettear by selling vending machines inside of other vending machine. That said, the tutorial lies to you and I never bothered fussing with the dungeons beyond the third.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rodyle posted:

I beat Recettear by selling vending machines inside of other vending machine. That said, the tutorial lies to you and I never bothered fussing with the dungeons beyond the third.

Yeah you don't really need to do them, but I liked using all the different characters. Running the store was more fun overall.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I endorse this only because you have a Queen song in your user title.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

Yeah you don't really need to do them, but I liked using all the different characters. Running the store was more fun overall.

Just don't be dumb like me and not notice that the base sale price is already a slight profit and thus gently caress up on leveling up the store by failing at haggling while trying to hit max sale price with each customer. Or spend too much time in the dungeons and not sell enough in the week to make your payments.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Namtab posted:

I was not asked for recs at all. Maybe I don't post enough?

Also yeah the thought of being doxxed is p.scary and I do not envy anyone who opens themselves up to that.

I have no idea how they chose who to ask, but I was asked. But I voted bad because I 100% did not consider the "public eye" angle.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

reccetear is one of those games you enjoy playing once and then never start up again

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it's like 3 bucks just buy it already

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Recettear was fun but if you don't know about how to do the haggling/sale prices right you're going to flop, and the game gives terrible advice. "You can sell for up to 140%! Look at all that profit!"

I hate when you're supposed to just 'figure out' critical mechanics.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

I have no idea how they chose who to ask, but I was asked. But I voted bad because I 100% did not consider the "public eye" angle.

Maybe the shortlist Zorak referred to in the other thread was a shortlist of people he/the mods in general thought contribute enough to ADTRW to get a vote?

We'll never know

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I have no strong feelings one way or another about the new mod.

Although some more oversight with the jojo anime thread would be nice. Zorak was kinda flaky about that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The mod choosing method is that they take they make a list of the people who post the most in a forum, ask those people who they think would make a good mod, and that becomes their candidate list. If you got a message it's because you post a lot, if you didn't you should post more.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's a bit disconcerting to have the board suddenly become as active as it is after being so slow for so long.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Paracelsus posted:

It's a bit disconcerting to have the board suddenly become as active as it is after being so slow for so long.

I'm sorry, I'll post less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I dont post much but Beef Waifu is a good poster so they will be a cool mod. Also there is like a million adtrw threads now which is certainly a thing.

• Locked thread