Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Hobbledehoyrecords.com just had a 28% sale on for his birthday. Picked up some limited edition vinyl of Caspian, TWDY, CERES, and more! Highly recommend checking them out, they do good work and have a good selection of artists and quality vinyl. You can even join the vinyl club! Helps they live in my state too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Hobbledehoy is cool, I got their release of Another Language by This Will Destroy You. The weak aus dollar makes the shipping a bit more palatable for foreigners too

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Ron Burgundy posted:

Get in here, I will add an updated list of stores soon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/595629733884997/

Sorry that took 8 weeks.

lol no prob, been too broke & busy for music lately anyhow.. Thanks!

Smeed posted:

Ive got a Technics 1300 with a 33/45 RPM selector knob that is broken/just spins freely. I imagine its stuck on one or the other setting. For anyone familiar with this turntable, is it worth or even possible to open and fix? I got it for free via my parents basement but it needs at least a stylus so I can't test it until I get one. I'm weighing whether its worth enough to risk sinking money into. Is this thing worth my time?

Didn't see any replies to this.. Technics are usually worth fixing and that issue sounds like it may just need some deoxit/lube or perhaps a new switch. You can get the service manual at http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-1300.shtml (free registration req'd from memory). Hopefully it just needs some lube because that's a nice turntable!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Some more mail came this week.

Olde Growth - Owl. An EP from my friend's band. The special version has the front artwork done in this weird purple pearlescent that makes it hard to take a good photo of it.

Back.

Bear Hug - Delicious Intent. A hardcore punk band the same friend was in a while back. He sent me this 7" with the EP.

Backside.

Insert.

Morbus Chron - Sweven. Along with Horrendous' Ecdysis, this is one of the best death metal albums I've heard in a long time.

The back. The album art is great.

Mmm, milky white.

Came with this huge booklet with the lyrics and this amazing series of paintings that tell the story of the sleeping man on the cover of the jacket.

Morbus Chron - Sleepers in the Rift. Listened to this one after Sweven. It's a bit more straight-forward than that album, still kicks a lot of rear end. More killer artwork.

The back.

The vinyl is plain black, but at least the labels aren't boring.

Maudlin of the Well - bath. The Finns finally came through and got these mailed out! The plates were going to be destroyed by the factory, but there was enough clamor from the fans that Blood Music rescued them and did a second pressing of these.

Reverse.

The fold.

Labels.

Maudlin of the Well - leaving your body map. Well, I couldn't get bath without its companion album.

Back.

Open the gate.

A-D.

And I couldn't get the regular old vinyl, either. These are great releases, not only visually, but they sound excellent, too.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Right now I am looking at my record collection, after not having bought anything in a long time, and thinking about what's clutter and what's true-solid gold. I've already pulled a pile of records out that I think were just bullshit hype or records I just ended up not liking that much or even records I like but I just don't think belong in my personal library. Anyone interested in perhaps buying some records?? The stuff ranges from old to new, good to eh, single to triple LP, etc, etc.

I'm also going through THAT pile and giving these things a second shot, kind of a semi finals of who is the most underwhelming. Currently on the adjudicator's turn-table: Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man.

WASDF fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 11, 2015

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
If you have stuff like AJJ then yes I would be interested. PM me a list.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

rear end Catchcum posted:

P much this. Holla at me.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

rear end Catchcum posted:

It's always funny to me when I see people flip over AJJ because I live in Phoenix and I saw them open for a friend's band at The Trunk Space (a living room-sized venue downtown) in late 2013 for that band's 10th anniversary without lnowing who they were. I mean they were good but I feel kinda dickish for not realizing people would kill for that opportunity.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

It's always funny to me when I see people flip over AJJ because I live in Phoenix and I saw them open for a friend's band at The Trunk Space (a living room-sized venue downtown) in late 2013 for that band's 10th anniversary without lnowing who they were. I mean they were good but I feel kinda dickish for not realizing people would kill for that opportunity.

I meant if he likes that band there is a good chance he has other stuff I would be into.

But yes I want that record and yeah I like AJJ thought I only got into them on their last album which I liked a ton. Seeing them twice in Cali with Jeff Rosenstock and Smith Street Band. Oh, and chumped will be there.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

WASDF posted:

Right now I am looking at my record collection, after not having bought anything in a long time, and thinking about what's clutter and what's true-solid gold. I've already pulled a pile of records out that I think were just bullshit hype or records I just ended up not liking that much or even records I like but I just don't think belong in my personal library. Anyone interested in perhaps buying some records?? The stuff ranges from old to new, good to eh, single to triple LP, etc, etc.

I'm also going through THAT pile and giving these things a second shot, kind of a semi finals of who is the most underwhelming. Currently on the adjudicator's turn-table: Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man.

Yes of course I would be interested in buying records.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Classic neil collection finally complete

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Chill Callahan posted:

Do you have Time Fades Away? That one's essential, man. Especially since it's still not on CD or digital.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Try as I may, I've yet to find a copy of Harvest that didn't look like someone used it as a frisbee.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I want to like Neil so bad. I love built to spill and vocally they get compared a lot.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

CPL593H posted:

Try as I may, I've yet to find a copy of Harvest that didn't look like someone used it as a frisbee.

Every copy I come across has someones name written on it.

Related, I listened to Trans for the first time recently. Holy poo poo does that album kick arse.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Doctor Cave posted:

Every copy I come across has someones name written on it.

Related, I listened to Trans for the first time recently. Holy poo poo does that album kick arse.

That would be fine by me as long as the disc didn't look like it was played on a turntable with a sandpaper slip mat.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Chill Callahan posted:

Classic neil collection
That's a super rad collection, I really need a copy of Zuma. If you like Built to Spill and want to get into Neil, Cortez the Killer is a good place to start.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Some might be interested in my friends EP (he's a goon). Kinda stoney math rock. If you listen to one song, track 2 is probably the best. Been out for a while.

https://leatherdaddyseattle.bandcamp.com/

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Here's the list! They're all conditionally superb unless stated.

Foxygen - We Are The 21st Century... (clear vinyl)
Talking Heads - True Stories
The Exorcist Soundtrack, kind of beat up and ringworn with a corner of the jacket seemingly having been cut off. Looks aesthetically cohesive this way, I think.
Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt (blue vinyl)
The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Typing Out This Dumb Name - Whenever, If Ever (white vinyl)
Xasthur - Defective Epitaph
King Crimson - Red, a little worn from age
The Men - New Moon
Neat Beats - Cosmic Surgery (great album)
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Some Have To Dance... Some Have To Kill... single
My Bloody Valentine - mbv
Fuzz - Fuzz
Frustrator - anther
Omar Rodriguez Lopez Quartet - Sepulcher (gross purple)
Dweller On The Threshold - s/t
Bosnian Rainbowns - s/t
Boris - Heavy Rocks (II)
Boris - Absolutego+ (red vinyl, southern lord)
Akron/Family - Sub Verses (white vinyl)
The Anters - Undersea (very nice looking sea colored vinyl)

WASDF fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 14, 2015

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I would like to buy Fuzz by Fuzz.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

WASDF posted:

Here's the list! They're all conditionally superb unless stated.

I'm interested in that Waxahatchee record. I don't want to clutter up the thread with questions but I don't have PMs. Can I e-mail you about it or message you through Discogs, if possible?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Yeah hit me up at braden.timss@gmail.com

And I'll get to you all tomorrow after I buy some LP mailers, but I have received your PMs!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
"Omar Rodriguez Lopez Quartet - Sepulcher (gross purple)" I will this from you tonight if I don't already have it. I get the cover art for it and another Omar album confused. I'll shoot you an email too.

Also, what color Bosnian Rainbows album? I might grab that too.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Giga Gaia posted:

"Omar Rodriguez Lopez Quartet - Sepulcher (gross purple)" I will this from you tonight if I don't already have it. I get the cover art for it and another Omar album confused. I'll shoot you an email too.

Also, what color Bosnian Rainbows album? I might grab that too.

I think it's translucent green, but I'm not at my mansion right now and I can't say for certain.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Chill Callahan posted:

Nice collection! I'm a huge NY fan and its good to see I'm not the only one here.

Here's my meager LP collection:

I'm a little reluctant to go crazy buying his LPs because I just finished this a few years ago:

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Sick Neil CD collection.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Do you have Time Fades Away? That one's essential, man. Especially since it's still not on CD or digital.

Yeah, I guess I still need to get that, but it's not as essential as the rest, imo.

WASDF posted:

Boris - Absolutego+ (red vinyl, southern lord)

Ill take this :D :D :D

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

To everyone I've spoken and transacted with, my usual spot to pick up LP mailers in Seattle is out so I wasn't able to get any today. I'll have to hunt some down at other places.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

WASDF posted:

To everyone I've spoken and transacted with, my usual spot to pick up LP mailers in Seattle is out so I wasn't able to get any today. I'll have to hunt some down at other places.

If you can be bothered posting international I'd take the antlers vinyl. I'd love to get a hold of Hospice..

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Brinner posted:

If you can be bothered posting international I'd take the antlers vinyl. I'd love to get a hold of Hospice..

I do have Hospice, but I'm only selling Undersea.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Brinner posted:

You aren't missing much, tbh. The pressing I have (and others have echoed the same thing) has a LOT of surface noise. It makes the quiet moments of that album kind of irritating. All the other Antlers' stuff I have sounds good, though.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Thom and the Heads posted:

You aren't missing much, tbh. The pressing I have (and others have echoed the same thing) has a LOT of surface noise. It makes the quiet moments of that album kind of irritating. All the other Antlers' stuff I have sounds good, though.

I can also say this is my experience.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Mine too, which is super unfortunate because it's such an excellent record otherwise. I hope they re-release it with better quality. At least the other LP's (Burst Apart and this year's Familiars are solid.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not to step on any toes but I'd be interested in that Antlers record if Brinner is only interested in Hospice rather then Undersea. Been wanting to get into them for a while.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
Sending you an email, but interested in the Dweller record.

e: day-um. and I had just looked at discogs/others this weekend to see if anyone was selling it

pfs Write fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 14, 2015

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I was interested in undersea, just mentioned hospice as an off note. If you're US you should take it though, save the OP farting about getting it to Australia.

Shame about the Hospice pressing, it really is a great album and has special meaning for me. I might try and pick it up anyway.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

blargh, there are definitely records I want in that list but I'm in the middle of figuring out what poo poo of mine to sell to make bills. curse this lifestyle

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
I'm into undersea as well if the other two goons don't want it. I live in Texas, let me know!

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Before I accept more orders I really wanna get the ones I already have shipped. I'll let you guys know when I'll be ready to handle some more.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

WASDF posted:

Before I accept more orders I really wanna get the ones I already have shipped. I'll let you guys know when I'll be ready to handle some more.

I don't know if you saw my thing, but I wanted to buy the Fuzz record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

CPL593H posted:

I don't know if you saw my thing, but I wanted to buy the Fuzz record.

Oh, my bad. Anybody with questions just email me at braden.timss@gmail.com