Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
OKAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

It ended on a whimper.

I don't think Toad's screeches qualify as that but yeah.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
If thats the future of bonus streams then yeah its probably better off dropped tbh. Theres always space for a tourney final in a setup block or something as a donation incentive.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
They should add a Mario Party with HUGE monetary incentives for the number of turns with the fan favorites like Naegleria and SpikeVegeta.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
The most important thing I learned this year is that if they continue with this "hype" gimmick I'm going to be unable to watch GDQ ever again.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Node posted:

The most important thing I learned this year is that if they continue with this "hype" gimmick I'm going to be unable to watch GDQ ever again.

Why are you being such a big whiny baby over a dumb word?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
goons hate all in jokes and running gags because they are memes and memes are 4chan and reddit!!!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My favorite bonus stream was in 2012 when they played Wario Ware for Gamecube. AGDQ was so much smaller then and at that point they were straight up filming from someone's house so they didn't really have to worry about clearing out of a venue or anything.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Node posted:

Every *GDQ has some gimmick or buzzword that gets run into the ground, so I doubt there'll be any 'my dad died from cancer and it made me super-sad KILL THE ANIMALS HYPE!' next year.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

beep by grandpa posted:

Why are you being such a big whiny baby over a dumb word?

I dunno, it didn't affect my enjoyment of the streams or anything but it did make me embarrassed by proxy for everyone involved for a couple seconds whenever they did it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

raditts posted:

I dunno, it didn't affect my enjoyment of the streams or anything but it did make me embarrassed by proxy for everyone involved for a couple seconds whenever they did it.

I can get behind that because that sounds like a reasonable, adult feeling to have about it. Publicly declaring your imminent boycott of a charity event because a fad word triggers you is loving :rolleyes: fedora poo poo.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Seems to me the meme-of-the-run comes down to whatever the donation filterer decides is funny but the progress of "hype!" to *eyeroll* to just letting it wash over you was pretty fast to me. Just as fast as do do do crew went from "oh god not this again" to "hey we're all actually having fun with this now."

I'm kinda sad bonus stream is so dead because wasn't it last year's bonus stream when YoCo League happened? Now there are fewer chances for GB's UPF-like silliness. :(

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I can get behind that because that sounds like a reasonable, adult feeling to have about it. Publicly declaring your imminent boycott of a charity event because a fad word triggers you is loving :rolleyes: fedora poo poo.

You're overreacting.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

FEDDORAS :derp: :supaburn: :argh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I guess the bonus stream is just going to stop being thing in the future. Maybe a few hours of dicking around afterwards, but nothing like what they had for past marathons.

It's unfortunate, but a natural part of this thing growing so quickly in recent years. It's probably best anyways not to have a bunch of unplanned content afterwards just in case someone does something stupid.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I think part of the issue with a bonus stream now is that I could see people wanting to get on there just to shill their Twitch channel since there's so many eyes on the marathon these days.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Let me guess you own one.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
i don't own a single hat but i am not a fan of lazy and overdone insults

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cuatal posted:

They should add a Mario Party with HUGE monetary incentives for the number of turns with the fan favorites like Naegleria and SpikeVegeta.

I'm down. The money match two or three years ago was outstanding.

Edit: It needs both Spike and Naeg to not be garbage though

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 12, 2015

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
I guess theres nothing stopping people holding their own bonus stream on a side channel if they really wanted to

e: Could even plug it on the offline screen instead of just having the GDQ logo there so people know whats up

Lloyd Van Buren fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 12, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Gamma Nerd posted:

And that was the only part of the comment you got offended over? In which case I would just substitute it with huffing assfumes so that the point would register in your head.

Edit: I can't hate the fedora thing, at this point it seems like less of a joke and just a description since it's so on mark.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

its actually a trilby btitch

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
i'll be your trilby bitch bby :bigtran:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Gamma Nerd posted:

You got yourself offended at my using a Bad Word in my post where I talk about how stupid it is to get offended over a single Bad Word, nice.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Node posted:

Somebody needs to run this. (Some goon did an LP before and it's actually a pretty cool game)

Tonfa posted:

I'm down. The money match two or three years ago was outstanding.

Edit: It needs both Spike and Naeg to not be garbage though

Have the players in the match be donated for. Top four get to play.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

beep by grandpa posted:

You got yourself offended at my using a Bad Word in my post where I talk about how stupid it is to get offended over a single Bad Word, nice.

It's always great when someone unintentionally proves a point.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dr. Dos posted:

Somebody needs to run this. (Some goon did an LP before and it's actually a pretty cool game)

Have the players in the match be donated for. Top four get to play.

Well, looks like I found my first speedgame :v: I played that as a kid, probably have my copy lying around somewhere. Also a vote all-star Mario Party would end up with Neagleria, SpikeVegeta, Bluglass and Big John. Or Witwix somewhere in there.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Kikas posted:

Well, looks like I found my first speedgame :v: I played that as a kid, probably have my copy lying around somewhere. Also a vote all-star Mario Party would end up with Neagleria, SpikeVegeta, Bluglass and Big John. Or Witwix somewhere in there.

I'm going to compete with you then because I just downloaded it too.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

beep by grandpa posted:

Are you two going to make out or not? HYPE.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I miss AGDQ already. :(

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004
For the bonus stream, they just need to have it planned ahead of time to host someone like the one time they raided Peach's channel. Just have all the runners move over to Mike Uyama's basement and stream from there.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kikas posted:

I'm gonna beat you both.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

mango sentinel posted:

I'm gonna beat you both.

I'm going to grow an afro and act like a snippy prick the entire race.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

RIP AGDQ 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's been one hell of a ride. Cheers :cheers:

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
It's been fun guys! See you in the summer, time to catch up on the backlog of runs to watch.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It's been fun, or something!

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.
Hey, glad everyone enjoyed the marathon and Im glad some of you enjoyed my avp run. See you all again next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zari-gani posted:

RIP AGDQ 2015

so do people stay behind to clean that up or is it all on the hotel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

What an ugly floor!

• Locked thread