Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pomp posted:

The director posted some part 5 art on twitter and said, loosely translated, that he "wants to do part 4 and 5 so buy the heck out of the discs."
Would it help at all if we imported the blu rays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They might not get info showing where the BDs are being sent to, so they might not get to find out that the west love it too, but importing is buying it, so yeah, it helps.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd genuinely be sad if they left out any of the parts because they're sitting on a relatively consistent goldmine if nothing else given the backlog they could work through.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'd probably buy them if they had English subtitles :shobon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I know the season 1 blu-rays did. I'm not sure about Stardust.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Stardust doesn't.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Who is the middle character?

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 11, 2015

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

KidDynamite posted:

You don't recognize big bro Prosciutto? You'll never be a real gangster...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Geez, I wish the blu rays weren't so loving expensive. How many episodes per volume are even in them?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like 3 or 4

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

LvK posted:

You don't recognize big bro Prosciutto? You'll never be a real gangster...

:negative: I've failed... and part 5 is my second favorite so far.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Beef Waifu posted:

Like 3 or 4

It's 4 for SC, it used to be 3 for the first season.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Rohan being the only mangaka to be able to complete deadlines during Pucci's speed up is AMAZING

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Rohan found a Gucci bag that had a stand

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The ending to Stone Ocean.... So Pucci has begun accelerating time when Emporio's Weather Report defeated him time kept going forward to a new universe, and the gang all met up again because of ᄂGRAVITYᄀ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pretty much.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Araki is cool.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

KidDynamite posted:

Araki is cool.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

KidDynamite posted:

Araki is GOOD.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki does some neat stuff with the whole 'new universe' thing in arcs 7 and 8, and he's probably one of the few people i've ever seen who can pull off callbacks and references well.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

KidDynamite posted:

The middle gang*star.

(Not Gio - Not Bruno)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I hosed up. Started reading Part 7 already and the art's got me. I'm going to be caught up and reading weekly JoJo way too soon.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Actually Jojo's monthly now. Allow me to offer my deepest condolences

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FUCK

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Waifu posted:

Like 3 or 4

I remember some a weeb in high school telling me he bought all of the FLCL discs, and my initial response being "holy poo poo how is it not just one, gently caress off."

Now, ten years later I find myself longing for Jojo figures and blurays. :negative:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 12, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pomp posted:

I remember some a weeb in high school telling me he bought all of the FLCL discs, and my initial response being "holy poo poo how is out not just one, gently caress off."

Now, ten years later I find myself longing for Jojo figures and blurays. :negative:

TBF that's still a very good question

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
We're all speculating the ED theme for Diamond Ball is Unbreakable, but I really hope when I'm 80 years old and watching Steel Ball Run, the ending theme is "Horse with No Name"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mucktron posted:

We're all speculating the ED theme for Diamond Ball is Unbreakable, but I really hope when I'm 80 years old and watching Steel Ball Run, the ending theme is "Horse with No Name"

It'll be Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi

Or Get Back because they'll have finally had enough time to get the rights for it

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

It'll be Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi

Or Get Back because they'll have finally had enough time to get the rights for it

There's not enough time in THE WORLD to get those rights.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why are Beatles rights particularly tricky to acquire? Does it go beyond a simple matter of money?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why are Beatles rights particularly tricky to acquire? Does it go beyond a simple matter of money?

Even if you convince whoever holds the rights right now to let you do this (unlikely), it'll cost you a large chunk of your budget

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

They are one of the most prolific bands in the history, it is a lot of money.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

taking bets on what white album will be called if part 5 ever makes it to the show

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

They are one of the most prolific bands in the history, it is a lot of money.

Not to mention that some of the people with rights to them are sorta pricks.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

taking bets on what white album will be called if part 5 ever makes it to the show

Technically speaking, it's a self titled album :v:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress this race is awesome. Gyro has already stolen my heart by winning the first stage.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

KidDynamite posted:

I hosed up. Started reading Part 7 already and the art's got me. I'm going to be caught up and reading weekly JoJo way too soon.

KidDynamite posted:

gently caress this race is awesome. Gyro has already stolen my heart by winning the first stage.

It gets even better, though I have to say that the First Stage is probably by far the most exciting and tense part of SBR and probably of all Jojo combined.

SBR is incredibly loving good and easily stands on its own. If I'm recommending Jojo to a brand new reader those days I'd tell them to start with SBR before anything else. It stands very well on its own as a standalone, it's very self-contained with excellent character growth and a well-structured plot arc and climax. Then you get into the magnificent art...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I would not call the first race the most intense part of Jojo, especially with the rest of SBR.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Butt Ghost posted:

I would not call the first race the most intense part of Jojo, especially with the rest of SBR.

It gets better from thereon, but the first stage is nonstop excitement and tension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

That first race is pretty special as well because it is like the first time in a million years JoJo has not just been about stands fighting each other. It really sets up part 7 to feel different. Which is, you know, kinda true.

• Locked thread