Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I'm happy with being this frogmouse thing <<<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
We are all the frog.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Phoon posted:

I think I was the frog when this was posted in the gbs thread

Sorry... :blush:

OB_Juan posted:

We are all the frog.

That's true.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is from many pages ago, but I thought it needed to be said Re: Blue Table Painting.

As much as it may suck to offer overpriced and sub-par painting services, I think the kind of person who hires someone else to paint an entire lot of bespoke soldier dollies deserves to be fleeced as hard as possible, as much as possible, repeatedly, and then maybe beaten a bit for good measure because seriously, gently caress that guy.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

osirisisdead posted:

This is from many pages ago, but I thought it needed to be said Re: Blue Table Painting.

As much as it may suck to offer overpriced and sub-par painting services, I think the kind of person who hires someone else to paint an entire lot of bespoke soldier dollies deserves to be fleeced as hard as possible, as much as possible, repeatedly, and then maybe beaten a bit for good measure because seriously, gently caress that guy.

Jesus, please tell me on the great unclean one where the person who wouldn't paint his own space dolls touched you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

osirisisdead posted:

lol?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

LordAba posted:

Jesus, please tell me on the great unclean one where the person who wouldn't paint his own space dolls touched you.
Right in the Glottkin, I'm guessing
But it's ok, it won't be needed/useable in 9th :v:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

osirisisdead posted:

Wow why the vitriol? Some people just want to play. As long as they don't try to pass it off as their own for painting awards who cares?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Doctor Zero posted:

Wow why the vitriol? Some people just want to play. As long as they don't try to pass it off as their own for painting awards who cares?

I've already seen people who hate folks who:
*want to paint and assemble
*don't want to paint and assemble
*want to play with minis

So, hating on people who want to play with minis (but don't want to paint them themselves) is a natural thing to see.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Doctor Zero posted:

It could just be he's trying to stir up poo poo. He made a pretty good mess of the grognards.txt thread.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

osirisisdead posted:

Dude already explained it, he was in the middle of getting two armies ready for some gaming cons or some such, and didn't have time to work on both. He didn't figure on BTP just taking a dump on his minis and calling it a day.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

He made a pretty good mess of the grognards.txt thread.
Oh? Link?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Here's the cow that kicked the lantern:

osirisisdead posted:

Making any in-character decisions based on dice probability is a prime example of meta-gaming. It should be avoided.

I stopped paying attention to his posts when I saw "tryhard loser" used three times in the same post and in unironic fashion. There's about a good five or so pages of grog that I just skipped.
Trigger warning: dice grog arguments.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
lol everyone should go read his posts in the grognards thread:

osirisisdead posted:

Whenever anyone gets into that stupid loving argument, I think of this picture and remember that their failure to find women outside of the petite-bourgeoisie princesses to which they are accustomed is only that, their failure.

As someone who has had some significant real-life adventures, and is also firmly outside the norms of our society, that is pretty much how it works. You can not even see the edge if you are firmly planted in the middle.

Thanks for this whole thread. It makes me even more grateful for the many awesome gamers with whom I have diced over the years.

edit: grammar!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That's actually the only post made that was good cuz it was against low-strength women inside of grog-expected gender roles. But Ya it's funny to see posts when the grog is coming from inside. :3:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Minis, people! It's a loving thread about minis.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sigma-X posted:

less words more titty gnomes please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Traditional Games > Best of the Words: Posting Unspiration

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This lovely (and rare!) model has been on ebay for a while. 120 bucks? It's a steal! I'm surprised nobody grabbed it yet.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

INQUISITOR

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I think the worst part is the bare wood on the base. Like you put that much effort into putting poo poo on the base and you can't even be bothered to spend 1 whole minute putting some paint over the open space?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Are those enormous flathead screw nipples?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Shadeoses posted:

Are those enormous flathead screw nipples?

They're to adjust the volume clearly: http://youtu.be/aUN4QhK_aX8

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I decided to look up some classic unspiration, only to find it's been updated!

For those who know of them, and those who are new to them, meet The Fighting Tigers of Veda!

Welcome to the Jungle!
http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
First off, y'all have changed the meaning of the word grognard to mean any number of mutable things in any context. It's basically a repurposed shibboleth for, "not a cool leet gamer like us in our secret club" rather than something that actually has any real meaning.

Secondly, are you actually alleging that I am a victim of molestation, because I think that someone who chooses to spend approx. $30,000 on a paintjob for a Warhammer Army to some random company that they read about online is a loving idiot who deserves everything they got and then some? It's one thing to entrust such a high dollar task to someone whose work you already personally know and respect, but... seriously, how stupid can you be? If you think that was a smart move and not something that deserves public ridicule, then I have some MacGuffins I'd like to sell you, real cheap, great value, just PM me and I'll tell you where you can mail the cash.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 15, 2015

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

osirisisdead posted:

First off, y'all have changed the meaning of the word grognard to mean any number of mutable things in any context. It's basically a repurposed shibboleth for, "not a cool leet gamer like us in our secret club" rather than something that actually has any real meaning.

Secondly, are you actually alleging that I am a victim of molestation, because I think that someone who chooses to spend approx. $30,000 on a paintjob for a Warhammer Army to some random company that they read about online is a loving idiot who deserves everything they got and then some? It's one thing to entrust such a high dollar task to someone whose work you already personally know and respect, but... seriously, how stupid can you be? If you think that was a smart move and not something that deserves public ridicule, then I have some MacGuffins I'd like to sell you, real cheap, great value, just PM me and I'll tell you where you can mail the cash.

ok

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

osirisisdead posted:

gently caress off

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Well, either gently caress off or post bad minis

YF19pilot posted:

For those who know of them, and those who are new to them, meet The Fighting Tigers of Veda!

Welcome to the Jungle!

I love the "used toilet water" camouflage

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gives an entirely new sense to PMC Blackwater :haw:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

YF19pilot posted:

Welcome to the Jungle!

This is both the best AND worse thing I have ever seen. Yeah it's horrible, but can you imagine the glee he felt putting this together? The simple joys of painting random brown splotes? The pride the owner must feel when he lays out his army?

Could you imagine how joyous it would be to play against this army? Here is a person that gets it.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

LordAba posted:

This is both the best AND worse thing I have ever seen. Yeah it's horrible, but can you imagine the glee he felt putting this together? The simple joys of painting random brown splotes? The pride the owner must feel when he lays out his army?

Could you imagine how joyous it would be to play against this army? Here is a person that gets it.

I've noticed how progressive the Tigers of Veda have become. They now have men.

It's fun to poke at the conversions and paint (backwards Rhinos?), but I"m not going to sperg about how he's having fun the wrong way. In fact, I've grown to love the 'deviations from normal' that throw grogs into conniption fits and flame wars. To give credit where due, at least he didn't go full on "sausage of green stuff" titsmarines. He went "female marines with some Indian sounding mythos" based off one picture from White Dwarf back in the day, but unless someone can correct me, he doesn't seem to be "painting with one hand".

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

If you need more reading material, please consider my latest novel, a modern sci-fi story called Lost Dogs, about two pets who survive the end of the human world, only to find that their struggles are just beginning. It's the apocalypse as experienced through the eyes, ears, and nose of a dog, and it will have you rethinking how you view man's best friend.

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...

YF19pilot posted:

Welcome to the Jungle!

Wait, you missed the best one!

Is that a custom resin rack? :toot:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Since catgirls are WH40k canon, it's only fair to allow catmarines

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

KamNZ posted:

To be fair to the original creator, I believe this is a fan made model?

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

Improbable Lobster posted:

Well, either gently caress off or post bad minis

That poor Voltron lion didn't deserve this :(

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Oh man I haven't seen Zoids in forever, is that the Lige-aaaaahhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

KamNZ posted:

That is a chest that would make Doc Thunder proud.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
It starts with the female chapter master and just descends into a truckload-of-leopard-leotards worth of NO NO NOOooooooooooooooooooooo...

ED: The inspiration you folks were talking about.

Poor ogryn...

This might be a couch stolen from steoreotypical (and gay) pimp.

:stonk:

JcDent fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012