Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yep, putting him on ignore now, he really is useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Yes, "free" entertainment that's $6.99 on Google Play, and $19.95 a month at Harmontown.com.
so work then - you hate it when people take off of work during holidays?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Yep, putting him on ignore now, he really is useless
I refuse to use such a feature!

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 30, 2014

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Harmon was doing his show a year before the "Bad Press" hit, he only started recording them around that time.

And the podcast will always be free, but paid video allows them to recoup funds from fans who have a bit of folding money. Which means people who shoot and record it get paid.

Which I guess is corrupt somehow(?)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Golden Bee posted:

Which I guess is corrupt somehow(?)

Well yeah, that might be, in some way, beneficial to the cast and staff of Harmontown, and I, the most Irish of Joes, demand that all lives should be as meaningless and depressing as my own.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I can't believe how controversial "I wish there was more episodes and that they were free" ended up being. If people want to pay for Harmontown, more power to them. I'm just not that eager to erect a paywall around one of the few remaining "free" entertainment products on the internet (podcasts).

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How could you care so much about this?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I care because I like Harmontown, but I don't like it enough to pay money for it. So when the podcast becomes locked behind a paywall in a few months, I'm not going to be able to listen to it anymore.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
From the sign-up page:

quote:

The weekly audio podcast is, and always will be, free for everyone.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

How dare you bring your hoity-toity reading comprehension into this!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I know what it says, but I also know the way things go. First the paywall is just for "premium" content. Then its for timely releases of new episodes (gotta give subscribers their money's worth!). Then back episodes. Then downloads of current episodes (low def streaming only). And then, finally, everything is behind the paywall. I've been down this road countless times: any paywall a slippery slope to everything being paywalled. Its just a matter of time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What podcast has done that

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I too enjoy complaining about things that have not happened and about newlyweds taking a vacation from producing free content around the holidays.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Irish Joe posted:

I know what it says, but I also know the way things go. First the paywall is just for "premium" content. Then its for timely releases of new episodes (gotta give subscribers their money's worth!). Then back episodes. Then downloads of current episodes (low def streaming only). And then, finally, everything is behind the paywall. I've been down this road countless times: any paywall a slippery slope to everything being paywalled. Its just a matter of time.

If this happens, I promise to personally send high-quality mp3s of every show to you from now on as long as you don't post.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
man, remember the good old days when 99% of all podcasts were available for free?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
C'mon everyone, we don't bully people in the Harmontown thread.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Topic change: who would you rather be locked in a room with? Goldberg or Irish Joe?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fishvilla posted:

Topic change: who would you rather be locked in a room with? Goldberg or Irish Joe?
loving Irish Joe so I could beat the poo poo out of him.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

superjew posted:

C'mon everyone, we don't bully people in the Harmontown thread.

I'm starting to think we should

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Fishvilla posted:

Lock them in a room together and charge $6.99 to watch the live feed.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Harmontown fans are loving weirdos and this thread is an extension of that.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

Irish Joe posted:

You talk about paywalls like I talk about immigrants

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Fishvilla posted:

Abstain.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
We need to build these walls to keep illegal paywalls, goldbergs and joes from ruining OUR GAWDDAMN GAWDGIVEN RIGHTS OF HARMONTOWN

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Whats happening in this thread is what happens to us when we don't get enough Jeff in our lives.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Toxxupation posted:

Skip the one titled "morality". Seriously, don't listen to that bullshit. Just skip that one

Holy poo poo. You were not kidding.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
That said, the iTunes description for that episode is spot on.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

No one ever listens when it comes to that episode, and they always regret it. I know I do.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I am in episode 93 right now and I didn't skip that episode. Then again, about from episode 70 to 90 I was in the "why do I keep listening to these" phase, which is only relieved when the D&D starts or when there are good guests, like Rob Shrabb or Mitch. I guess the show just wasn't as 'jolly' as I expected it to be from Harmoncountry.

The D&D section remains gold, though and Kumail's an incredible guy. The one Dan DM'd in episode 92 as Ice-T left me in hysterics. I hope there's more of that.

Goldberg's best moment for me so far is when he 'answers' an audience member's question as to why scat is so unacceptable when anal sex isn't by reacting as if the question was why they couldn't sell the t-shirts. That's brilliant.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

"hey you know who has it rough? pedophiles!"

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

toanoradian posted:

...good guests, like Rob Shrabb

Schrabbing is one of the best things to have been given a name by this show. The schrabbing in episode 128 was especially inspired.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I also really love the Game Corner starring Rob Schrabb, but also because I just love the games in general. I hope they'll do more of that because it's usually just fun segments with nice comedies instead of some attempts to discuss a proper serious topic. Jeff's psychic abilities are really freaky, though. Didn't expect that at all, but then again I only knew him from Whose Line.

EDIT: I actually really love Sports Corner as well, because it reminds me of the lighter, 'goofier' atmosphere I've felt from Harmoncountry.

Fuuck, I hope there's no more BitCoin thing on Harmontown. I hope Episode 94 is all that is about that currency.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 8, 2015

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Schrabbing is one of the best things to have been given a name by this show. The schrabbing in episode 128 was especially inspired.

Which episode was it in?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

toanoradian posted:

Fuuck, I hope there's no more BitCoin thing on Harmontown. I hope Episode 94 is all that is about that currency.

For how much hate he gets, at least our very own Golden Bee actually did a reasonable job slamming it a few episodes later. :v:

Inkspot posted:

Which episode was it in?

:geno:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

So I don't know of you guys need more Dan or not but he's doing a weird video blog on the website. It's suppodded to be daily.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Cerepol posted:

So I don't know of you guys need more Dan or not but he's doing a weird video blog on the website. It's suppodded to be daily.

If it's the same as the iHarmon or Harmontown: Nights...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
What are the odds Harmon will defend the muslim terrorists tonight? 1:1?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The guy with that irritating shout-laugh is back in the audience tonight.

I feel like I'm doing penance for all the times I felt superior to people who complain about the sound of chewing on podcasts.

Edit: Ha! Erin mentioned it. She compared it to Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Weembles fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 12, 2015

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Pretty sure that's an "I wanna hear myself in the podcast laugh" and so I want to stuff a candlestick down his throat

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It reminds me of that one laugh in all those Lasagna Cat videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Podcast release date is now Wednesdays at noon

It's hard to write this without sounding entitled but that's...kind of super annoying