Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Luther is a good show. And at an hour a piece, that'll kill some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

All Is Lost is a great movie if you don't mind hardly any dialog.

I tried watching Black Mirror but I can't get past the accents and not being able to understand half the poo poo they're saying.

[edit] If that's what UK goons think of American TV I don't blame you, I can't loving do it.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 12, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My friend gifted me another computer. It's a C2D 6400, nothing special. Probably going to finish putting it together tomorrow so I can use it as my new HTPC.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Holdbrooks posted:

I'm bored at work again and I left my laptop charger at home so no working on design stuff. Any suggestions for Netflix to entertain me for the next 5 hours?

Welp, time for you to watch Mean Girls.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

You can't just make fetch happen.

I need a new computer :(

And by that I mean I don't have one period and can't decide if I'd rather build or buy, or just get a tablet.

Sadly the biggest reasons I want a new PC are SimCity and KSP.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

goatse guy posted:

I'm not sure it has come down to that quite yet.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Holdbrooks posted:

But it was peak of Lindey Lohan's hotness. She will never get back to that.

I loving hate winter. I feel so God drat blah and sluggish. It's to cold to work on cars, it's dark at 430, and I have no projects.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

You are just shooting down all of my suggestions today. Boo, you whore.

Oh my god iwentdoodie, you can just ask people why they're white.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

goatse guy posted:

But to be fair you suggested Gilmore girls and mean girls. There is a girl theme going on here.

And I'm sorry but Lohan is gross due to her being a trashy whore IRL and I'm not sure I could get immersed enough to not see that even if she was better before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Local dude tracked me down via FB car group and wants to trade my 6 for his Forester THAT IS ALSO A loving SALVAGE TITLE.

Did I do something that screams "I would like a car that's been rolled and/or dropped off a cliff"?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I want my pink shirt back you bitch.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Weekend Pros: Won $100 betting the unders on both NFL games today. Don't have to report for jury duty tomorrow, 1 down 4 to go (fully expecting to get called on Friday).

Weekend Cons: The damned Panthers failing to cover their +11 spread cost me a 4way parlay $20 to win $260.

At least I actually got granted a venue change for my jury duty this time around - instead of driving through downtown LA hellscape traffic I only have to go three miles to the local court. I really wouldn't mind serving on a jury, it's the loving commute that gets me.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

But to be fair you suggested Gilmore girls and mean girls. There is a girl theme going on here.

I'm on a chick flick roll right now after watching Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion and Clueless. I never liked these movies much growing up but now I can kinda relate to them because I'm a vapid valley girl.

I'm gonna get you to watch Mean Girls eventually.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

Local dude tracked me down via FB car group and wants to trade my 6 for his Forester THAT IS ALSO A loving SALVAGE TITLE.

Did I do something that screams "I would like a car that's been rolled and/or dropped off a cliff"?

It's just hail damage, dude. :v:

Also you don't want a forester.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Yours has 3 counts of hail damage! :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Eh, I'm open to new experiences.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 218 days!)

Rhyno posted:

How much do you like Ann DiFranco music? And flannel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

How much do you like Ann DiFranco music? And flannel?

I like where this is going.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

cursedshitbox posted:

Yours has 3 counts of hail damage! :v:

Carfax on my MJ and the schizo jeep are both clean as a whistle though, so it's all good. Just look how great condition they are in.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

I like where this is going.

Not so much when you find out she doesn't work on cars that belong to men - unless they can sing every ace of base song in order of release.

--

Welp, not much else I can do here. The bitch is going to continue to force feeding him until his bowels burst (he can't process food or fluids), and she will continue to refuse to give him pain meds that he should have ever hour. Nothing that I can legally do. Time to go home.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 12, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a record for a dollar.

:staredog:

Too hot to stop might as well be named Let me buy you a drink no it doesnt taste funny

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Carfax on my MJ and the schizo jeep are both clean as a whistle though, so it's all good. Just look how great condition they are in.

I think the moon has less dents. hahahaha

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I bought a record for a dollar.

:staredog:

Too hot to stop might as well be named Let me buy you a drink no it doesnt taste funny

I didn't know any song of theirs other than Jim Dandy. And that was thanks to Dazed and Confused.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

So what happens when you're in love with somebody and they're in love with you, except when they drink they turn into a huge loving rear end in a top hat full of self-loathing that egg you on to punch them in the face super hard?

Obviously I haven't punched her in the face super hard, but I am finding it hard to deal with her bullshit when she drinks. I've tried to get her to not drink so much, but 4 beers is her limit, and it's hard to cut her off that low because I'm essentially a functional alcoholic. I know that she thinks she isn't worth loving and so on, and it's usually not a thing unless she's drank a few beers. I try to cut her off but my tolerance is high enough that I don't notice that few. It's possible that I'm the rear end in a top hat here.

She's been to a therapist and is on antidepressants and all that. I try so hard to be there for her and for the kids and all, but I am finding trouble being supportive when she gets drunk and says "I know you hate me. Why do you keep saying you love me," and things like that with related hurtful things.

I'm not trying to steal 13"'s thunder or anything but goddamn. I have to vent somewhere and this is my safe place.

gently caress 2015.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
..... Fork Neck Curb.

Those are some serious low blows, holy poo poo.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

wallaka posted:

I'm not trying to steal 13"'s thunder or anything but goddamn. I have to vent somewhere and this is my safe place.

gently caress 2015.

You may both need to dry out if youre serious about her. You aint stealing my thunder. My only advice is decide now where your line in the sand is and stick to it.

I'd still take her back in a heartbeat.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

wallaka posted:

So what happens when you're in love with somebody and they're in love with you, except when they drink they turn into a huge loving rear end in a top hat full of self-loathing that egg you on to punch them in the face super hard?

Obviously I haven't punched her in the face super hard, but I am finding it hard to deal with her bullshit when she drinks. I've tried to get her to not drink so much, but 4 beers is her limit, and it's hard to cut her off that low because I'm essentially a functional alcoholic. I know that she thinks she isn't worth loving and so on, and it's usually not a thing unless she's drank a few beers. I try to cut her off but my tolerance is high enough that I don't notice that few. It's possible that I'm the rear end in a top hat here.

She's been to a therapist and is on antidepressants and all that. I try so hard to be there for her and for the kids and all, but I am finding trouble being supportive when she gets drunk and says "I know you hate me. Why do you keep saying you love me," and things like that with related hurtful things.

gently caress 2015.

Seriously: She stops drinking and/or goes to rehab, one of you gets a DV charge, or you break it off.
The middle one happens all the time and is the worst choice. You've identified the issue, which is a great start. Also, if she's gonna stop drinking, you probably have to too (Fun Fact: She may be acting like that to so degree because you might become a jerk when drinking too). Smoke weed instead or something.
If it isn't worth both of you stopping drinking, either it isn't what you thought it was or you need to stop drinking even more.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

wallaka posted:

You get out of life what you tolerate, and one thing I never could was rear end in a top hat drunks and violent women that try to get you to fight them.

If you don't do something it's not going to end well.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

You get out of life what you tolerate, and one thing I never could was rear end in a top hat drunks and violent women that try to get you to fight them.

If you don't do something it's not going to end well.
He's right, please send all violent drunk women my way kthx

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

mariooncrack posted:

Probably your ROM. Are you using the stock kernel that comes with SlimLP or another custom kernel?

Am I the only one here that has a AMD processor? I'm still rocking a 1090T hexcore because for whatever reason I haven't been able to justify a new rig and pull the trigger. Will probably do that after the Broadwell update.

It's the SlimLP kernel.

I'm suspecting it's a kernel issue, but I wasn't using my wireless charger much at all on stock Android 5.0. There hasn't been a new nightly of Slim in almost 3 weeks; I may try another kernel to see if that fixes anything.

I've had some odd stuttering issues with music/video playback on every ROM I've tried except the stock image as well; I may go ahead and revert back to (rooted) stock and wait for XDA to catch up a bit. It drives me nuts when I'm driving and streaming music.

My last build was an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+; this i5 replaced it. And the only upgrading I really see myself needing is more HDD space (because ~3.5TB isn't enough :rolleyes: ). And maybe doubling the RAM.

rscott posted:

Nowadays it just doesn't seem like overclocking is worth it, PCs haven't been held back by CPUs/GPUs except in high resolution video games for years now. Flash storage technology finally maturing to give us durable and cheap SSDs have been the greatest boon to having a computer that feels "fast" since going from single core to dual core imo

You really aren't kidding. I do notice a difference when I go back to stock speeds (3.3 GHz) on this chip, but it's not really that significant except when gaming. Going to a SSD made this thing feel like a god damned supercomputer; most of my usage is web-based stuff, and it really feels like I'm just waiting on whatever web server to respond more than anything. Anything and everything that's on the SSD loads pretty much instantly, even Photoshop opens in under 5 seconds, Lightroom takes maybe half a second longer.

My first PC was a 286, 8 MHz, 640k RAM, 20MB HDD (IDE instead of MFM or RLL, looking back that's pretty surprising), DUAL 720k 3.5" floppy drives (no 1.44MB floppies for this bad boy!) with Tandy video (basically a cross between CGA and EGA). Today, my loving watch has more processing power, storage, and RAM, and my phone is more powerful than most of the PCs I've owned. And I had two computers before that PC (Apple II+ with expanded RAM and two floppy drives that was a hand-me-down from my dad's accounting firm, and a Tandy Color Computer 3).

thinking out loud via typing: I wonder if someone could ever dig up the source code for Telegard or Renegade and port it to Android. Run a BBS out of your pocket. :corsair:

Geirskogul posted:

I ran an intel 3.4 Ghz ES (engineering sample) P4 for something like 6 years. I wonder how much electricity I wasted.

I have a 2.8 P4 in the next room that exists solely to act as a DVR and TV tuner.

It sometimes doesn't go to sleep on its own (despite not having a keyboard or mouse on it; only input is an IR receiver). I should toss my Kill-A-Watt on it and see how much power it actually pulls; I'm sure it's significantly more than my i5.

keykey posted:

I just upgraded my machine 2 months ago for the first time in 9 years. I built it this time with energy effeciency in mind. I cut my over wattage from 560 watts to 375. As a result it's also quieter. The only thing I really splurged on was a GTX 780 which I got at Fry's for $275.

Take that PSU back and get your money back. It's going to fall over and burst into flames the first time you try to actually use that video card (well, it'll at least overheat and shut off.. if you're lucky) - nVidia's official spec sheet states the GPU alone can pull 250 watts, and they recommend a minimum PSU of 600 watts. Running even the best power supplies at 100% load consistently will kill them dead in a hurry, and that video card alone will pull 67% of available power if you fire up something like Crysis (assuming 100% of that power is on the 12 volt rail - which it isn't).

It's not like the PSU is pulling 100% power 24/7, it only pulls as much power as it needs. And the wattage is on the output side, on all 3 rails combined (3.3, 5, 12, with the majority on the 12V rail on modern units). The efficiency varies depending upon the PSU design, and also on how much of a load is on it, but even a low end name brand PSU will be certified "Bronze" (80% efficiency).

I have issues with my 500 watt PSU saying "gently caress you" and shutting off if I fire up something extremely graphics intensive (Crysis is always a good example), with a GTX 650 Ti.

My PC is barely audible with it on my desk - I'm sitting less than arm's length away from it right now, and can barely hear the front intake fan (which will get swapped for a SilenX pretty soon). Anything that causes a lot of disk activity drowns out the fan noise, and these are pretty quiet drives (all Hitachi; two 7200 RPM, one 5400 RPM).

InitialDave posted:

Yes, but only in a limited sense for the US stuff. Explorer was V6 only, for example.

The majority of Explorers here are also V6. I know even when the 2nd gens were new, I rarely ever saw a V8 model (1st gen was V6 only).

T-Square posted:

*knocks on wood*

E: Holy poo poo, forgot the new season of Archer started this week. Aw yeah.

You can knock all you want :quagmire:; I have the same boner for new episodes of Archer.

But seriously, I had no idea until I'd looked at the poo poo Windows Media Center's DVR has snagged - I was surprised when I saw a new episode of Archer sitting on my PC.

Rhyno posted:

... go on.

West SAAB Story posted:

Welp, not much else I can do here. The bitch is going to continue to force feeding him until his bowels burst (he can't process food or fluids), and she will continue to refuse to give him pain meds that he should have ever hour. Nothing that I can legally do. Time to go home.

Goddamn. :glomp: Anything you can do through the court system? Hopefully this might help in some way.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 12, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
woke up at 2:45am with horrible cramps, spent the next hour or so on the toilet, alarm clock goes off at 5am, so it wasn't even worth it to go back to sleep

great way to start the week :sigh:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So jealous of my teacher roommates' snow-days. They are both chilling on the couch and I gotta leave to go drive the 2WD death trap van through the woods in the snow to work.

On the plus side, that girl from POF actually msg'd me back again a 2nd day in a row so I guess her account isn't fake. If I can score a date with her I'm gonna lose my poo poo. She is so loving beautiful and likes cars.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

DIY fuse tester schematic :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I touched a Hellaflush and I liked it :gay:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cage posted:

Did I get you one that you already had?
I'm guessing I have 15-20 of every color E30 M3 they make. No worries I started hoarding them as soon as I knew they existed.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

On the plus side, that girl from POF actually msg'd me back again a 2nd day in a row so I guess her account isn't fake. If I can score a date with her I'm gonna lose my poo poo. She is so loving beautiful and likes cars.
:hfive: was talking with a girl on Tinder over the weekend. She was sick so we just chatted but when I woke up this morning she had sent me her number. yay

freelop posted:

I think PSU 1 needs more power.

Adiabatic posted:

I touched a Hellaflush and I liked it :gay:
The E21 is going to end up being a lot lower than I had initially planned...

ignore stupid snapchat text

Phone decided at some point last night to stop producing sounds from the speaker or the phone speaker. Didn't realize until I had two calls ring but make no sound and not be able to hear anyone talking. At least I know why I slept through my alarm now. Reboot cleared it up but now I don't really trust it as an alarm clock. Yay Monday.

Need some machining advice, I'm sure someone in this thread will have some advice. I'm putting rear disks on the E21 using parts from various VW's. The outer hub diameter of the E21 is too large to fit inside the rear disc rotor. I can't remember the measurements off hand but the hub diameter is around 146mm and the rotor inner is around 132mm. The plan now is to talk to the machinist down the road and see if he can toss the hub in his lathe and turn it down. Is there a better way to do this?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 12, 2015

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

freelop posted:

:lol:

some texas redneck posted:

Goddamn. :glomp: Anything you can do through the court system? Hopefully this might help in some way.

Long story short- no I'm also up in jamal territory, not methville. I've spent thousands (when I had it) trying to prevent this from happening. It was his choice to end up this way, and there is nothing that we can do that won't result in more pain to him (out of their spite). Time to go put on a happy face and try not cringing when I see him lying there in agony. I can't even hold him because of the pain. gently caress this dumb planet sometimes.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 12, 2015

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Had to leave work early today, im just so loving tired. Tomorrow is another loving treatment. Not sure how long i can keep working if this keeps up.

Lately i have been increasing my "zoom" level in browsers, and my font in documents. finally had enough when i was unable to read a serial number on an alternator until i sat next to it on the floor and put my nose in contact with the metal next to the serial. I when to the the closest glasses-shop (there probably is a better word for this in english, but im foreign and tired). Glasses are so loving expensive. and i hate glasses.

I also learned that the only way to remove a number plate light on a iveco bus is to shatter the loving thing, grind of the bolts and then replace the whole thing. seriously, i was trying to unscrew the screws from the free spinning locknuts inside the rear engine hatch. (no, you cant reach is from the inside either). When my foreman walked by, laughed and told me to hulk smash it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just paid $27 to fill up my explorer. Thank you NY indian reservations. Gas here near the city of buffalo is around $2.70, drive 25 min away to the res and its $1.80. So worth it even if you're not buying cigarettes.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Holdbrooks posted:

And I'm sorry but Lohan is gross due to her being a trashy whore IRL and I'm not sure I could get immersed enough to not see that even if she was better before.

You should watch Gilmore Girls, it's fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

If you know your eye prescription you can order glasses online for mad cheap. Had this $35 pair for 3 years now.

• Locked thread