Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Oberleutnant posted:

what was your favourite abuse of Scots? mine was when Hadrian built that sick loving wall to keep them out of our glorious Roman Empire. :smuggo:

Er excuse me? Hadrian's wall was basically an appeasement, ceding vast amounts of territory that rightfully belonged to the Civilised Peoples of Rome to those uppity northern barbs. Antoninus' wall is the correct one :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KKKlean Energy posted:

Er excuse me? Hadrian's wall was basically an appeasement, ceding vast amounts of territory that rightfully belonged to the Civilised Peoples of Rome to those uppity northern barbs. Antoninus' wall is the correct one :smuggo:

Legio IX Hispana never forget :rome:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The fascist mods have closed the UK megathread in GBS :argh:

Now I'll have to hang out here and pretend to care about stuff, instead of making stupid meta-posts about sausages.

So, how about that David Cameron, eh? I, for one, would like to see his party lose the next election. What do other posters think?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Umiapik posted:

Now I'll have to hang out here and pretend to care about stuff, instead of making stupid meta-posts about sausages.

So, how about that David Cameron, eh? I, for one, would like to see his party lose the next election. What do other posters think?

They are the worst party since the other lot, that's for sure.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Umiapik posted:

You could compare the party leaders to various sausages if you like. Like Cameron is a cumberland sausage, all coiled up like a turd

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I get the feeling if Cameron wanted sausages he would get chipolatas. Not a proper, decent British banger, one of those thin slimy things that are unworthy of being placed anywhere near mash.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
:effort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpipqJNFDOQ

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ddraig posted:

I get the feeling if Cameron wanted sausages he would get chipolatas. Not a proper, decent British banger, one of those thin slimy things that are unworthy of being placed anywhere near mash.

Chipolatas are essential at christmas if they're slimy its because you're cooking them wrong.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Looks like the snoopers charter is rearing is ugly head again.

Boris Johnson - “I’m not interested in this civil liberties stuff, If they’re a threat, I want their emails and calls listened to.”

I thought if someone was a clear threat a warrant is attainable by current means already.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Boris Johnson - “I’m not interested in this civil liberties stuff,
nice

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
UKMT January '15 - I’m not interested in this civil liberties stuff

Maybe he's looking for a job as Home Secretary.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Britain’s last elected communist

quote:

Clarke has not lost hope of a communist insurrection
:getin:

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Umiapik posted:

Was it my post that killed it :ohdear:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oberleutnant posted:

um "the english" have only existed for like 600 years. they were abused by the anglo-normans, the angles, saxons, and romans before that.
get your poo poo straight.

As were the English. In fact, if you look at the history of the language it's more accurate to say that the people of Britain have stolen all kinds of words from the people who came to abuse them, not the other way round. Which should come as no surprise to anyone - when you conquer a people you do it to impose your culture and language on them, not the other way round.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwq8Bwr9wUg

Fox news knows the score about Birmingham. The secret is out. :(

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I'm a muslim now

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Wtf happened to the UK gbs thread? I didn't have to worry about the economy in there

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

LemonDrizzle posted:

Trade must be bad for all these guys.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mister Adequate posted:

yeah p. unreasonable for peoples abused for millennia by the english to assume they nicked a word here and there

We really should have just genocided the lot. Coohoolin would have to live in Cornwall and become a Cornish separatist instead. It's not like he actually gives a gently caress.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Without Scotland we wouldn't have the munchy box. Television and all that other stuff I could probably do without, but god drat.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Don't forget penicillin!

Which after a few munchy boxes, you're probably going to need.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Something is banging around in my building I think it might be muslim stormtroopers

e: I've been found out they must have seen me buying ham

Phoon fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 12, 2015

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
The heating system in the OneStop across the road, which hums all night, just abruptly stopped. Are Muslims to blame...?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

The heating system in the OneStop across the road, which hums all night, just abruptly stopped. Are Muslims to blame...?
If it wasn't wearing a burqa it only has itself to blame.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Reminder that the global economy imploded a mere 7 years after 9/11 the link is obvious. I think we all need to start asking some tough questions about the musselmen in our midst.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I, for one, welcome the incoming Islamic insurrection. They deserve it.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

LemonDrizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwq8Bwr9wUg

drat, rumbled just as we were about to declare Birmingham a caliphate. Thanks Fox :arghfist::saddowns:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
The Islamic State of Iraq and Sheffield.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe the TV is picking up signals from the even more dystopian mirror universe where Birmingham really is a Muslim state enclave patrolled by gangs of Islamic police who beat people up with their big curvy swords and talk about camels a lot and other stereotypes from the 1920's.

Edit: Obviously we need a modern T.E Lawrence to go and incite a revolt to reclaim it for the crown.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
As someone who lives in wolverhampton, I am always living in fear that the IS fighters from birmingham will come over and enforce strict jihad in my city. I mean, they are already trying it by merging all the local councils in to one super council! It all makes sense, really. Soon all Mecca bingo halls will have to face East and cars will have to wear burkas.

Edit: TIL why I don't post in DnD.

MyFaceBeHi fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 12, 2015

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

As someone who loves in wolverhampton, I am always loving in fear that the IS fighters from birmingham will come over and enforce strict jihad in my city. I mean, they are already trying it by merging all the local councils in to one super council! It all makes sense, really. Soon all Mecca bingo halls will have to face East and cars will have to wear burkas.

Tell us more about your adventures loving in Wolverhampton.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Thankfully I live in Portsmouth, and all MY local mohammedans have run off to join ISIS. Phew!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

MyFaceBeHi posted:

As someone who lives in wolverhampton, I am always living in fear that the IS fighters from birmingham will come over and enforce strict jihad in my city. I mean, they are already trying it by merging all the local councils in to one super council! It all makes sense, really. Soon all Mecca bingo halls will have to face East and cars will have to wear burkas.

We're coming for you allahu ackbar

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I thought Wolverhampton was more a place that someone would hole up in, dwell in or drift through rather than attempt to live in. I remember it being listed as one of the worst cities in the world by Lonely Planet a few years back. I can't see how the Caliphate could make more of a mess of it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gilganixon posted:

I thought Wolverhampton was more a place that someone would hole up in, dwell in or drift through rather than attempt to live in. I remember it being listed as one of the worst cities in the world by Lonely Planet a few years back. I can't see how the Caliphate could make more of a mess of it.

Closing the pubs would be a start.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

TinTower posted:

You're pretty much right. The Tories don't want either humanist marriage or mixed-sex civil partnerships because Lynton says so. The Scottish government has the right to implement them through secondary legislation, but they're still working on it.

There's been no traction on people from other jurisdictions converting their civil partnerships to marriage, either, to the chagrin of some Northern Irish couples.

I went to my first Humanist wedding on the weekend, it was lovely and made me really jealous we don't have it as a legal ceremony down here :3:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Why can't you have a humanist wedding in England?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Same reason as why you can't have a mixed-sex civil union: because it would undermine the sanctity of the Anglican church to define what is and isn't marriage.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Against the will of Allah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pissflaps posted:

You can have a ceremony but it won't be legally binding; you have to have a registry office ceremony first.

I have absolutely no idea why you can't have a legally binding one. You can in Scotland and you can have a loving legally binding Scientologist wedding in England/Wales if you bloody want. It's some idiocy about humanism not being a religious body and that being the legal line on who can and can't conduct legal ceremonies.

• Locked thread