Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
It's Meenah so that the )(IC can get taken down by herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It doesn't matter since everyone's presumably going to come back to life anyway.

Like... Now Gamzee's tied up he can't prototype the corpses, and once Jane is broken free from mind control, she can just God Tier Magic them all back to life again. Which might be why Gamzee was throwing the corpses into the sprites in the first place, so that couldn't happen.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

My first thought was Spades Slick as the leader because the silhouette resembled him. Stupid, but it's something.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

nerdbot posted:

My first thought was Spades Slick as the leader because the silhouette resembled him. Stupid, but it's something.

Nothing will ever live up to this.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It doesn't matter since everyone's presumably going to come back to life anyway.

Like... Now Gamzee's tied up he can't prototype the corpses, and once Jane is broken free from mind control, she can just God Tier Magic them all back to life again. Which might be why Gamzee was throwing the corpses into the sprites in the first place, so that couldn't happen.

He was just trying to keep Aradia from having a corpse party.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

nerdbot posted:

It's him.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Wait, didn't Jane have a Wallet Modus at some point? Like, she got it out of one of the Dad's Cars?

Problem solved.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Equius is still the best theory. Jane makes horse jokes, being unidentifiable fits with his Void role, and he's funny.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

WAR FOOT posted:

Equius is still the best theory. Jane makes horse jokes, being unidentifiable fits with his Void role, and he's funny.

Well horse jokes could also mean Hussie but I don't think he's gonna troll us THAT hard.

But yeah, it'd give Equius a reason to be in the story beyond "die".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Equius would need some serious rewriting to be the leader because as is his "style" is you must do what i say because you are inferior. oh youre telling me to gently caress off how lewd *sprays sweat everywhere*

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I got the feeling that Equius was always "intended" to be a leader, (but ultimately meant to fail at doing so.) He was the first of his team into the medium, like Karkat, and an Heir, like John, and then there was the "maybe Karkat was TOO good of a leader and if we had actually fought more we'd have had more god-tiers." His ultimate failure was not overcoming his hemospectrum fixation. Which was ALSO why he let Aradia and then Karkat boss him around, so if he HAD overcome that he would've been able to leader it up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

WAR FOOT posted:

Alternate theory: original Roxy. She rogue-fobbed her Roxy-ness off on some random carapacian.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Batshit insane option: Eridan.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh sweet Jesus yes! Good Vriska returns!

Also John owns, his best kid status surpasses even Good Vriska.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobulus posted:

B) Hussie does a 'psych' and the person who came along is another troll (Meenah, Equius, ????)

Mention of sugar cubes clearly indicates Nepeta.

For real though, it'll be John. I like how Jane's speech is worded to include reference to almost every character not already in that scene, but there's no way it won't be John (don't forget, he died like three years ago in this timeline)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know how anybody is arriving at the conclusion the mystery leader isn't John, honestly.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh right, I forgot John would count for this.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I wouldn't count on it. The players seem pretty inured to death at this point, possibly a side-effect of their homeworlds being destroyed and interacting with dream-world afterlife filled with hundreds of equally-valid copies of everyone slowly getting erased by a skull monster. They don't really make a huge effort to save each other unless they're particularly close or significant - case in point, John kind of shrugging off Nepeta's corpse and sticking to Terezi's plan which only calls for saving Vriska (and even then more for Terezi's sake than hers).

I fully expect they'll have the capacity to revive the dead trolls at some point, like a free-willed Jane, and it simply won't occur to anyone to do it. It's for the same reason that the John, Roxy and Davesprite that have died in the updated timeline won't get brought back even though they probably could be, it cuts down on narrative clutter even if it doesn't jive with their characters all that well.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
It's Horuss you idiots

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Aggrandizing references to the person's character, mentions of him being returned with a "flourish of revisionism" that doesn't really make sense, references to this whole affair as a "horse race" along with other horse references.

The leader can only be Andrew Hussie himself.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Now who did we last (or almost last) see surrounded by horses and being a victim of revisionism?

That's right. The mystery person is Lord English.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That guy is Eglamore.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I haven't yet read poo poo from the Jane/Jade/Cal circlejerk

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I noticed in the update art that Terezi is "shadowed" like the Condense, so we can't see her eyes. I wonder if the new Alpha-timeline Terezi doesn't let Araena heal her eyes.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Note Block posted:

I noticed in the update art that Terezi is "shadowed" like the Condense, so we can't see her eyes. I wonder if the new Alpha-timeline Terezi doesn't let Araena heal her eyes.

Terezi said getting her sight back was a huge blow to her psyche, so yeah, its a safe bet that she's gonna stay blind

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

That guy is Eglamore.

Jimmy Jims?!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

On the one hand, the most leader-y leader in Homestuck is John.
On the other hand, Vriska is a good candidate for someone that wasn't expected to be there, and she has to have been brought back to life for some reason, narratively speaking.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

On the one hand, the most leader-y leader in Homestuck is John.
On the other hand, Vriska is a good candidate for someone that wasn't expected to be there, and she has to have been brought back to life for some reason, narratively speaking.

Vriska would be a godawful leader though. Then again, so would the vast majority of Homestuck characters. The only one I can think of who would be unexpected and also a good leader is Aradia, since she was the secret leader of Blue Team. Also she is the last known possessor of the wallet.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
The leader is Gamzee. He used Equius's blood to block himself out of Calliope's book, hence there being no mention of him in those documents, and John's retcon shenanigans have now gamed things in such a way that he will switch sides. The Most Important Character In Homestuck.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's Fedorafreak, you idiots. The one guy nobody expected.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

lotus circle posted:

Ah shoot you're right, gently caress there are suddenly too many rings to keep track of.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to revive them,
One Ring to bring the pain and in the darkness bind them

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Mayor, as a Mayor, is the only one with professional experience in the exercise of authority.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Silly guess: Lots of horse related terminology; of course it'll be Hussie.

More serious speculation: It's John. He's the natural leader of the original kids, and he's certainly unexpected 'cos in dead Jane's timeline he's been dead for three years.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It'd be great if it was Equius since he is the best character in homestuck.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Wyld Karde posted:

Silly guess: Lots of horse related terminology; of course it'll be Hussie.

More serious speculation: It's John. He's the natural leader of the original kids, and he's certainly unexpected 'cos in dead Jane's timeline he's been dead for three years.

Has it been confirmed that this Jane and this Jade are from the same timeline?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's definitely Equius.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

The next update better feature a really confused Doc Scratch.

Also the mystery person is clearly Spades Slick. :colbert:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It'd be great if it was Equius since he is the best character in homestuck.

You're half right, the best character is actually ARquius

Edit: gently caress, I just realized he probably doesn't exist anymore. We got Vriska back, but at what cost :negative:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The only thing that made arquius good was that it was part equius. The AR parts only dragged him down.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Scrap Dragon posted:

You're half right, the best character is actually ARquius

Edit: gently caress, I just realized he probably doesn't exist anymore. We got Vriska back, but at what cost :negative:

Oh no, and what will the story be now without dear Fefetasprite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
just because gamzee is tied up NOW doesn't mean he's tied up forever