Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Yes, how many marchers will stay on for the coming cleansing, possible of the ethnic variety?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Rorus Raz posted:

The first real Sunday School of 2015. Everyone is still slowly getting back into the swing of things after the holidays, but obviously the big news item of the week has gotten a few cartoons.

Sunday School is something I look forward to, so I've gotta thank you for sharing this with us every week.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Sunday School is like if I discovered once a week that someone shat in my closet loving again, right on schedule. But in a good funny way.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Likewise; they're a nice regular feature between the usual fare of appalling racism and laziness. Lietha is so weirdly neurotic about things like how the ark is depicted and his art isn't visually offensive beyond being really boring.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I drew this after reading Arthur Chu's Charlie Hebdo-deflating column on the Daily Beast. I don't disagree with all his points, but his Internet triumpahlism stuck in my eye. And hey, sometimes a guy just has to draw an overweening cartoon.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

colonel_korn posted:

" Also I wonder if the "right" answer to the first question was "gently caress yeah I'll probably offend some people" rather than the wishy-washy response that Ted gave. Shine on you crazy diamond.

The correct answer was "No, they will be protesting a cartoon you chose to run. But on that day I will be behind you 100%!"

Ted is right though: papers want "edgy" as long as it is devoid of political content. I was also fired from a paper for not understanding that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

xthetenth posted:

Because the President of the United States is supposed to be a proud socioeconomic elite, and clearly having any minority perspective is anathema.

And by "a proud socioeconomic elite" they mean "white".

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Death Ray posted:

I drew this after reading Arthur Chu's Charlie Hebdo-deflating column on the Daily Beast. I don't disagree with all his points, but his Internet triumpahlism stuck in my eye. And hey, sometimes a guy just has to draw an overweening cartoon.

This guy absolutely, 100% does not "get" Charlie Hebdo.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

colonel_korn posted:

"I know it's not all about me, but here's a 12-point list about how it actually is." Also I wonder if the "right" answer to the first question was "gently caress yeah I'll probably offend some people" rather than the wishy-washy response that Ted gave. Shine on you crazy diamond.

"Hey, gang. Ted Rall here. I know some of you are thinking about the folks who just got shot in France. Well, I was in a situation like that once, too. I got turned down for a few jobs. It's basically the same thing. Take care, now."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:
"Charlie - I think so"
I don't remember him being party of the rally and especially not him being front row and center, but that's a very good caricature of Jean-Marie Le Pen.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Goddamn that last panel, Death Ray

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

frankenfreak posted:

I don't remember him being party of the rally and especially not him being front row and center, but that's a very good caricature of Jean-Marie Le Pen.

Jean-Marie Hollande?

Death Ray posted:

:chanpop:
I laughed.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

frankenfreak posted:

The ginger haired, long faced character to his right? David loving Cameron. Thomas deserves a lifetime GA award for his services to knowingly terrible caricatures.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
Good thing about Merkel is that she's always instantly recognizable.

Also, 'Je suis wept' just made it for me.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Kegluneq posted:

The ginger haired, long faced character to his right? David loving Cameron. Thomas deserves a lifetime GA award for his services to knowingly terrible caricatures.

His Merkel looks much more like Ann Widdecombe.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Somfin posted:

"Hey, gang. Ted Rall here. I know some of you are thinking about the folks who just got shot in France. Well, I was in a situation like that once, too. I got turned down for a few jobs. It's basically the same thing. Take care, now."

Je suis Ted Rall!

Time to Ask The Question

Our campaign is about to close
If you're gonna' join, now's the time.
http://igg.me/at/drybones
Labels: 2015, antisemitism, Europe, France, Islamists, Jews, Paris, terror, terror attacks

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I wasn't ready for it, so the Kirschen eyes legit made me dizzy.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

GOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLF

Golf.

Bonus:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

We need a :golf: that grows to enormous size, like the growing :ironicat:.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS unless they say stuff we don't like

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

The New Black posted:

His Merkel looks much more like Ann Widdecombe.

What sprang to my eye were the subtly inserted Union Jacks in the background...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chewbaccanator posted:

Good thing about Merkel is that she's always instantly recognizable.
Thomas came veeery close to loving even that up.

e: Is that a familiar face between the heads of Abbas and Cameron?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Rorus Raz posted:

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS unless they say stuff we don't like

I think you'll find that much like his Purple Hearts that he totally stole in the first place, Kerry retroactively undid his entire service record by fleeing from Viet Nam with his skirt up, single-handedly losing us the war.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.sapo.pt/

SAPO, the website that publishes henricartoon, decided to do a big ol' tribute to Charlie Hebdo by makgin their entire front page a political cartoon collection today.

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)
Hey I've got an idea for a witty political cartoon about free speech. It's got a pencil and a kalashnikov in it, has this been done before?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Does it involve butts?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

I didn't see this posted here, so enjoy this rasher of poo poo from Mark Knight. He's an Australian cartoonist, pretty talented and usually pretty boring.

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill

Gilganixon posted:

I didn't see this posted here, so enjoy this rasher of poo poo from Mark Knight. He's an Australian cartoonist, pretty talented and usually pretty boring.

This is all this makes me think of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsBCJycshcE

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Guess which lovely cartoon my idiot editor is running today :suicide:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is your editor a massive racist?

I guess that's a hypothetical question unless he's doing a feature on casual racism in American society, a contractual agreement, or something.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 12, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I've laughed at a Hope & Change again. It's really weird that Rainbowbeard is one of the few conservative cartoonists who remembers to tell jokes.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Gilganixon posted:

"Then we shall shoot infidels in the shade!"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bob le Moche posted:

Hey I've got an idea for a witty political cartoon about free speech. It's got a pencil and a kalashnikov in it, has this been done before?

Is the pencil now or has it ever been broken? This is important.

Anyway, READY for some whatever?

:what:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is the pencil now or has it ever been broken? This is important.

Anyway, READY for some whatever?

:what:

It's from 2011, it was trendy to hate bankers back then, even on the right

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Radish posted:

Is your editor a massive racist?

I guess that's a hypothetical question unless he's doing a feature on casual racism in American society, a contractual agreement, or something.

He publishes letters from A Wyatt Mann and greets the guy warmly when he comes in to drop them off so take a guess.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dammit, I laughed.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I touched the poop that is Yaakov Kirschen and expressed my concern that his birdy cards are promoting an image of certain Jews as race traitors. I was polite and offered compliments about some of his other cartoons, expecting an equally polite response and maybe a counterargument for why the cards aren't as problematic as I said they were.

Instead, he just replied with an image, no text:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's from 2011, it was trendy to hate bankers back then, even on the right

I know I could just go back in the archives, but I'd rather see day to day how this will tie in to anything remotely resembling reality. Or if "crony capitalism" gets used.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Bloodnose posted:

I touched the poop that is Yaakov Kirschen and expressed my concern that his birdy cards are promoting an image of certain Jews as race traitors. I was polite and offered compliments about some of his other cartoons, expecting an equally polite response and maybe a counterargument for why the cards aren't as problematic as I said they were.

I think he just declared you a cuckoo in the nest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Bloodnose posted:

Goddamn that is some crazy, bitter old poop.

E: What compliments did you come up with for his other cartoons?

• Locked thread