Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

200hp, fwd, solid rear axle, 3800+lbs, and likely 40 grand. should sell like hotcakes.

Also, unrelentingly gently caress-ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

PCOS Bill posted:

Overweight, 200hp, FWD, $40k... It's the Saab 9-3SE Convertible back to life!

it looks like an Eclipse and a Murano droptop hosed in the Chernobyl exclusion zone

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

ilkhan posted:

Probably too big for the Focus. The 2.7EB would be a ton of fun in the Mustang. It has less room to grow, however, as I think stock its like 27psi.
Yeah but probably CAFE as said.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 11, 2015

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

http://www.caradvice.com.au/329225/buick-avenir-holden-designed-caprice-sized-sedan-debuts/

A big new Buick, from the people who recently decided to stop making big new anything :australia:

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Wow, surprised at how good that looks from the front. Not a massive fan of the rear, but if the actual car looks anything like the concept that's definitely different for Buick, that's for sure. Side profile looks great from the rear wheels forward.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

sadnessboner posted:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/329225/buick-avenir-holden-designed-caprice-sized-sedan-debuts/

A big new Buick, from the people who recently decided to stop making big new anything :australia:

I wonder if the Holden design team can even draw a vehicle smaller than a commodore.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Not a massive fan of the rear

Rear appears to be inspired by the Riviera boat tail.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

new chrysler 200 acura tlx chevy volt

conference schedule
http://naias.com/media/81924/15-pressconference_1-10.pdf

livestream here.
http://www.tflcar.com/2015/01/coming-soon-tflcar-live-stream-from-naias-2015/

the chevy conference is up now.
summary so far:
volt
51 miles electric
41mpg
30% faster 0-30mph
200lbs lighter than old volt
looks like a chrysler 200

2016 chevy bolt.
looks like a honda fit hosed a BMW i3

gross

2016 titan:
12000lb towing
v8 cummins 5 liter, 310hp 555ft/lbs
20% better fuel economy than V8 trucks in class.(seriously steppin carefully around the ecoboost here)

Powershift fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 12, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

New raptor. next gen 3.5 ecoboost, more powerful than the current v8, 10 speed automatic, gently caress yeah

the current raptor was 411hp, 434ft/lbs

new GT350R, 130lbs lighter than the GT 350. no a/c, no back seat, carbon fibre wheels

New ford GT

600+hp 3.5 liter excboost, carbon fibre, 7 speed dual clutch

They're actually building it, too.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 12, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Powershift posted:

New raptor. next gen 3.5 ecoboost, more powerful than the current v8, 10 speed automatic, gently caress yeah

new GT350R, 130lbs lighter than the GT 350. no a/c, no back seat, carbon fibre wheels

600+hp 3.5 liter excboost, carbon fibre, 7 speed dual clutch GT

Holy poo poo.
*WOW* that 3.5EB in the GT350R is unexpected.

also, this.

Don't see engine specs, but looking at the raptor and GT350R, probably that 3.5EB.
I was expecting blown 5.2L on the R and the GT.

GT350R gallery: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-shelby-gt350r-mustang/
GT gallery: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-gt-2/

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 12, 2015

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Oh my god I have never seen such a beautiful car as long as I have lived.

Seriously though, holy gently caress. 600 hp worth of holy gently caress.

edit: dammit, beaten.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ilkhan posted:

Holy poo poo.
*WOW* that 3.5EB in the GT350R is unexpected.

also, this.

i worded it weird, the 350R is still the 5.2 fat plane.

the ford GT is the 3.5 EB

V6 supercar, something tells me this is going to be incredibly divisive.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 12, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Powershift posted:

i worded it weird, the 350R is still the 5.2 fat plane.

the ford GT is the 3.5 EB

V6 supercar, something tells me this is going to be incredibly divisive.
That makes more sense.

So
3.5EB in the GT
3.5EB in the raptor
5.2L in the 350R.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Well, I am OK with this I guess.

But I don't like the use of the 3.5l V6 though, is it a marketing gimmick to sell more trucks? A car like that deserves a supercharged flatplane 5.2, not a Taurus engine imo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

Well, I am OK with this I guess.

But I don't like the use of the 3.5l V6 though, is it a marketing gimmick to sell more trucks? A car like that deserves a supercharged flatplane 5.2, not a Taurus engine imo.

look at their competition though.

Mclaren 650S: 3.8L twin turbo V8, 7 speed dual clutch, 641hp. 500ft/lbs
new GT: 3.5L twin turbo V6, 7 speed dual clutch, 600+hp, gobs of ft/lbs

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Don't like the middle of the car on the GT. At all.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Powershift posted:

look at their competition though.

Mclaren 650S: 3.8L twin turbo V8, 7 speed dual clutch, 641hp. 500ft/lbs
new GT: 3.5L twin turbo V6, 7 speed dual clutch, 600+hp, gobs of ft/lbs

I read a thing a while back about a guy importing a 650S to China, and believe it or not one reason he chose it over the 458 is that Chinese taxes go up substantially when the engine displacement goes over 4 liters, and then it's turned into a multiple of the MSRP, so the Mclaren ended up being like $100k+ cheaper than the Ferrari when it was all done.

The Mclaren is also a flat plane V8 though, to match that output with substantially less displacement and cylinder count would be a challenge.

Anyway I stopped caring when I read it was going to be slushbox only. :c00lbert:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like a fat chick sat on a GT-R

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
gently caress you guys, that thing looks incredible.

I bet they have a high-end version with the 5.2 flat plane. They could call it the GT-R... er, the GT-S... er, the... well poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

I read a thing a while back about a guy importing a 650S to China, and believe it or not one reason he chose it over the 458 is that Chinese taxes go up substantially when the engine displacement goes over 4 liters, and then it's turned into a multiple of the MSRP, so the Mclaren ended up being like $100k+ cheaper than the Ferrari when it was all done.

The Mclaren is also a flat plane V8 though, to match that output with substantially less displacement and cylinder count would be a challenge.

Anyway I stopped caring when I read it was going to be slushbox only. :c00lbert:

They obviously met that challenge, as they're saying 600hp+

I wonder how much will differ mechanically from the 3.5 in the raptor. A 600hp 10 speed, sub-5000lb raptor would be pretty awesome.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Look at these pictures, guys!

That steering wheel looks hilarious.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Front looks awesome but the back just makes me think "ribbit, ribbit"

e: you edited your post

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

CornHolio posted:

Look at these pictures, guys!

That steering wheel looks hilarious.

Just when I thought Jalop couldn't get any worse, they use the phrase "poo poo their dicks" in a headline.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

angryhampster posted:

Just when I thought Jalop couldn't get any worse, they use the phrase "poo poo their dicks" in a headline.

It could be worse.

"You won't BELIEVE what happened when Ford unveiled THIS!"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

at least they're talking about something other than iphones and plane crashes.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

It's also the reason why China is getting the Subaru Outback with the 2.0L H4 DIT as the top engine trim model instead of the 3.6L H6 that's used elsewhere. It is only available with a CVT so it's only about as interesting as the Forrester XT.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I kinda love it, kinda hate it. That's indifference, right?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

drat, I want more details on the 2nd gen 3.5L EB.. they had to increase the size of the turbos on it to get to those power levels.

A new 3.5L EB also means a Fusion ST/SHO with the 2.7L EB makes sense now. It would have cannibalized the Taurus SHO in its current form, but a ST lineup like this would be loving balls to the wall awesome

Fiesta ST
Focus ST
Fusion ST (2.7L EB ~330HP) (I wish)
Taurus SHO/ST (Gen 2 3.5L EB ~425HP) (I wish)

Then you have the Edge Sport and Explorer Sport. Ford is making some awesome loving cars right now.

angryhampster posted:

I like their site for the most part, and even find DeMuro entertaining, but this is some highschool level childish garbage right here. Automotive "journalism" is almost as bad as sports "journalism" so should we even be surprised at this point?

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 12, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I like how both Chevy and Ford show up to the same auto show and have exciting never-before-seen game changing announcements. And this is how they go down.

CHEBY: "Hey guys we're Chevy and we've been working really hard on our revolutionary new Chevy Bolt! It's our halo car. Also there's a Buick convertible. We think millennials will really dig it!"

FORD: (burps) 600 horsepower

(belches) another 600 horsepower

(farts) yeah you guessed it, 600 horsepower

Dodge better go hard.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Dodge better go hard.

It's MOPAR..when have they not gone a little apeshit at big reveal events?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

chrysler doesn't seem to be doing any product reveals. Only ram, which is gonna be this thing.

Chevy must have missed the memo on $2 a gallon gas forever

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

angryhampster posted:

It's MOPAR..when have they not gone a little apeshit at big reveal events?

Announcing the Dodge Challenger Hell-lion, with one million horsepower.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

chrysler doesn't seem to be doing any product reveals. Only ram, which is gonna be this thing.

Cram the Dart turbo motor under the hood, and I'll take it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

those fenders are silly but I'm in favor of any utes we get in the states

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Chevy must have missed the memo on $2 a gallon gas forever

RAM Baja?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Spooge. Spooge all over this. I'm a Corvette fan and I want to see this thing win Le Mans.

Throatwarbler posted:

I wonder if it does have to do with Le Mans, since you can't have a n/a engine over 5.5 or a boosted engine over 4.0 and it has to be available in the production model. Or maybe Ford for maximum profitability wants to merge to a business model where every car sold just has a turbo V6? I'm okay with that.

davebo fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 12, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ford also talked up their partnership with the DOE and DOW for high production, low cost carbon fibre, so with a mass production engine, and cheap carbon fibre, there's a chance it could be under 100 grand. A very, very small chance, but still.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Powershift posted:

New ford GT

600+hp 3.5 liter excboost, carbon fibre, 7 speed dual clutch

gently caress that stang looks good

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

And a new ford GT I just came

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Powershift posted:

Ford also talked up their partnership with the DOE and DOW for high production, low cost carbon fibre, so with a mass production engine, and cheap carbon fibre, there's a chance it could be under 100 grand. A very, very small chance, but still.

Mid engine v6 powered supercar for relatively cheap? Sounds like Ford is doing the NSX better than Honda it's doing the actual new one.

Also hot drat that's an awesome line-up from Ford. You guys remember 10-15 years ago when 500 hp was still a rare and expensive club? :allears: