Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Geekboy posted:

I watched this movie randomly in the middle of the night as a teenager and it felt a bit like a fever dream until I saw it again in my 30's ... though let's be honest, it still kind of felt that way.

I'm saying you should all watch this movie.

Adam West and a monkey sidekick, what more could anyone want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

penismightier posted:

Adam West and a monkey sidekick, what more could anyone want?

But enough about the Batman TV series, let's talk more about this Martian Robinson Crusoe movie.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Lotish posted:

I'm not a master of composition, so I'm curious what you think needs addressing. To me it feels like the background people running away aren't in the right places to make best use of space or to draw the eye in the right ways.

Both of those hands that are coming at the camera are just ... poorly placed. They're well rendered and poorly chosen. Especially her's, but his is looking pretty about-to-get-all-gropey.

The color palette is also ... not great. More impressionistic and less representational would serve the limited palette these always require due to being screenprinted. Red skies with a red shirt right there against it, for instance, just doesn't work for me.

It's all little stuff that kills what is almost a great composition and rendering.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Geekboy posted:

You're goddamn right it does.

That is almost a good poster. If it was a fan poster I'd think "This person just needs a good art director to help them work out compositions." But it's not. And they still need one.

That movie needs the glowing skeleton of someone getting disintegrated.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Improbable Lobster posted:

One of the older War of the Worlds films gave the walkers invisible legs for some reason

The reason is that giving the models puppet legs pulled by strings would be too doofy even for a 1950s audience.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr. Squishy posted:

The reason is that giving the models puppet legs pulled by strings would be too doofy even for a 1950s audience.

That's a pretty good reason, yeah

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Watch out, I'm mad...

(Please tell me that translates as "Asses of Metal")

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Watch out, I'm mad...

(Please tell me that translates as "Asses of Metal")

Sadly no, I'm pretty sure it's Aces of Metal.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Mad Mission is the english title for "Aces go Places." There were five Aces go Places movies and the the third in the series, directed by Tsui Hark, is utterly insane.

For example: it has a poor young sean connery look a like who plays as James Bond but this is an evil James Bond that pulls a gun on a baby.

Trailer for Aces go Places 3: http://youtu.be/9AnyVnK4NKc

Aces Go Places IV / Mad Mission 4 marks the decline of the series after it clearly peaks in part III. The series becomes more simplified action comedy but still manages to be f'ed up. See that gentleman with the glasses in that picture? Well guess what... Ronald Lacey returns to the screen to play as Major Arnold Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark even though the movie is set in the 1980s.

G-III fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 11, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I have to see those Mad Mission movies now, those posters are incredible

ly bad

e: that trailer is everything I hoped for and more

hexwren fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 11, 2015

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Drew Struzan came out of retirement for this...

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

G-III posted:

Mad Mission is the english title for "Aces go Places." There were five Aces go Places movies and the the third in the series, directed by Tsui Hark, is utterly insane.

For example: it has a poor young sean connery look a like who plays as James Bond but this is an evil James Bond that pulls a gun on a baby.

Trailer for Aces go Places 3: http://youtu.be/9AnyVnK4NKc
Aces Go Places IV / Mad Mission 4 marks the decline of the series after it clearly peaks in part III. The series becomes more simplified action comedy but still manages to be f'ed up. See that gentleman with the glasses in that picture? Well guess what... Ronald Lacey returns to the screen to play as Major Arnold Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark even though the movie is set in the 1980s.

And there I was thinking the movies themselves would be dull compared to their posters... Time to get searching for them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mister Chief posted:

You sound like you're disgusted or something.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Mister Chief posted:

Is this a clickbait film?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Criminal Minded posted:

Is this a clickbait film?

They did Witch Hunt which was interesting and the writer is the guy who did Dear Zachary, so probably click bait, but possibly interesting.

Batkid Begins: The Wish Heard Around the World (2015)

On one day, in one city the world comes together to grant one 5 year old cancer patient his wish. Batkid Begins looks at the 'why' if this flash phenomenon. Why did the intense outpouring of spontaneous support for a child reverberate around the world and become one of the biggest 'good news stories' ever.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3884528/plotsummary?item=ps2118241

That poster is kinda creepy but maybe the kid was too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

If that kid ever gets into movies enough to know who Drew Struzan is, that's just going to be a perfect little cherry on top of an already fantastic thing. As it is, that's already an awesome thing for him to do.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Mister Chief posted:

The beady black eyes and beady little teeth leads me to believe that this kid is in fact part bat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kid who was dying gets a Wish granted where the entire city pretends its Gotham and he's out helping Batman.

"I can't believe this artist came out of retirement for THIS!"

gently caress. Ing. Goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw3aWPxtpfE

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

"Clickbait film" is the worst term of the year so far.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Surlaw posted:

"Clickbait film" is the worst term of the year so far.

It's the natural progression from Hyperlink Cinema

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Old films should rerelease with click bait titles.

10 Things I Hate About You - You Won't Believe Number 3!

50 First Dates- Date 35 Will Restore You Faith in Humanity

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You Won't Believe What Happened When Harry Met Sally!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and What He Did Next Will Leave You in Tears

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
What They Did Last Summer Will Shock You!

Even as I type this I'm scared this will actually happen.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The last three all just sound like taglines from old movie posters, which I guess makes sense

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
101 Dalmatians That Just Can't Right Now

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Some Germans Started Singing in a Bar in Casablanca. What Happenned Next Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 12, 2015

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
He Made Something Unbelievable With Fava Beans And A Nice Chianti

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Chaos Reigns. A Talking Fox?!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Schindler's Listicle

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
How Stella Got Her Groove Back With One Weird Trick

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

CopywrightMMXI posted:

50 First Dates- Yep, this is the movie where he rapes her.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Red Bones posted:

Schindler's Listicle

Schindler's Top 10 Jews You Can't Do Without!

I feel ill

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man takes photographs every day so he won't forget; The last one will shock you!

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
This man recorded his wife sleeping every night. You'll never guess what he saw!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Godfather made this man an offer he can't refuse. You won't believe what happened next!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You've been watching his life for years, but what happens when he finds out?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A sociopathic petty thief needed a job. What he did with a camcorder bought with the proceeds from selling a stolen bicycle will inspire you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This Man Seen Things You Wouldn't Believe and its His Time To Die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Top 10 Things I Hate About You