Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

PassTheRemote posted:

As did I

Political Cartoons 2015:

Im going to post this whenever goons freak the gently caress out about Bors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angelfisher
Aug 15, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

2/10 Michelle is not fat enough to be believable.

I thought the same thing. The cartoon versions of the prez and first lady are not nearly racist and terrible enough to make a convincing cartoon. Even if it's in a pretty cartoony Kelly style, that's probably the most accurate caricature of Michelle Obama that any iteration of this thread has seen.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

ElMaligno posted:

Your really crummy edit will help drive the point home.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Your really crummy edit will help drive the point home.

Gorrell is my inspiration.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

ElMaligno posted:

Now we just need a version for Clay "Why Do We Like This Guy Again?" Bennett

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Saint Sputnik posted:

“All criticism of the #CharlieHebdo cartoons amounts to victim-blaming and justifying their murders.”
Sounds like comrade Rall hates free speech.

Everyone forgets the real victims here: Ted Rall and his social circle.

Radical Islam has puppy dog eyes?

Everyone needs a sticky note to remind them that freedom.

No, my issue!

Always nice to get our old friend MAD WHITEY's perspective.

US Newspapers are ran by chickens who can see the future.

Everyone forgets that those cartoonists were in charge of a religious apartheid state.

PBUH

Pencil? Check.
AK? Check.
Butt stuff? Check.
Effort?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Happy Monday! :toot:

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 12, 2015

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Rorus Raz posted:

Frog legs box! :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Internet Webguy posted:

Everyone forgets that those cartoonists were in charge of a religious apartheid state.

Kirschen :argh:

Rorus Raz posted:

Kelly :allears:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Rorus Raz posted:

Man, I needed this comic.

Kelly never disappoints.:allears:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
That'll do, Raz. That'll do.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The latest scandal is that Obama didn't show up in Paris on account of he can't teleport

OAquinas posted:

Plus, the proposal isn't "FREE FREE FREE!" it's "go at least half-time (6+ hours), and maintain a 2.5 GPA, and you still have to feed, clothe, and house yourself." Utterly reasonable, so of course conservatives will freak the gently caress out about it.

I work with a guy who unironically believes this poo poo.
:smuggo: Heh, all these other world leaders went to France, but not Obama.
Heh, free college isn't free. We'll still be paying for it. The fact that they have to maintain a minimum level of attendance and grades doesn't fool me.

He's honestly the sort of guy who would look at a McCoy cartoon the same way we look at a :drat:-worthy Bennett.

I don't know why, but working on the river really encourages people to double down on the hateful bile.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

Frog legs box! :allears:

The incorrect and anachronistic Francs signs. :allears:

Xander77 posted:

Lots of Latuff.

I like the sequence of Cuba cartoons ending with the one when the embargo actually drops...

Btw, could someone link the large set of French and Dutch language cartoons someone posted. It was an interesting collection and I want to show them off to someone.

[edit] The stupid thing with the college s funding cartoons I that the US govt. Is already on the hook for a vast amount of that education spend either through loan guarantees or loan forgiveness programs. All Obama is doing is recognising the reality and situation and trying to manage it as opposed to letting what is effectively government debt spiral even further out of control.

Munin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 12, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

This is pretty good and made me laugh. You may now continue wringing your hands and wagging your fingers.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Munin posted:

[edit] The stupid thing with the college s funding cartoons I that the US govt. Is already on the hook for a vast amount of that education spend either through loan guarantees or loan forgiveness programs. All Obama is doing is recognising the reality and situation and trying to manage it as opposed to letting what is effectively government debt spiral even further out of control.

Hey you freeloader, my upper-middle class parents a ton of student loans the military I personally had to pay for my college and these lazy jobless millenials should too!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Hey you freeloader, my upper-middle class parents a ton of student loans the military I personally had to pay for my college and these lazy jobless millenials should too!!!

Didn't Bill O'Reilly once say something about how college students were obviously just lazy because they weren't paying for school by painting houses on summer break like he did, without bothering to look up how long it'd take to pay four years of tuition on a minimum-wage unskilled part-time job you held for three months out of the year in the 21st century? I think that sums up the disconnect pretty well

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rorus Raz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7dveDEv-I&t=14s

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rorus Raz posted:

That's not today's Kelly though? Must be a bonus.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Rorus Raz posted:

whaaat

Sutton was my hero, once. But this goes too far, I've e-mailed the Onion demanding an apology or Sutton be fired.

Raz, the lengths you go... even the bags of francs :allears:

P.S. I'm missing the say of Asay on this whole thing. I googled and it looks like he's retired for good, but am happy to report that Something Awful was hit #5 for his name, and #1 for "chuck asay charlie hebdo". Je suis Chuck!

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 12, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's an edit isn't it.

I've been had.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'm laughing at the idea of a box filled with "cushy gigs".

You are loving astounding Rorus Kelly.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Were the French Hacks from the Belgian beer comic way back? lmao

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Death Ray posted:

I drew this after reading Arthur Chu's Charlie Hebdo-deflating column on the Daily Beast. I don't disagree with all his points, but his Internet triumpahlism stuck in my eye. And hey, sometimes a guy just has to draw an overweening cartoon.

Oh poo poo, I had no idea you were a goon. Good cartoon and an even better response to that mealymouthed article from Chu.

loquacius posted:

Didn't Bill O'Reilly once say something about how college students were obviously just lazy because they weren't paying for school by painting houses on summer break like he did, without bothering to look up how long it'd take to pay four years of tuition on a minimum-wage unskilled part-time job you held for three months out of the year in the 21st century? I think that sums up the disconnect pretty well

I think very few people really appreciate just how much inflation has screwed with money between the 60s/70s and today. Run some comparisons on the 1970 dollar compared to the 2015 dollar and brace yourself for a bout of depression.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
You remain the hero this thread deserves, Rorus.

I'm so sorry about that.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I was suckered by an edit.

Truly, my pants are on the ground

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

Translation: "Well, at least it's not red wine, vomit & sperm again."

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Once again, making this thread worth all the suffering.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Armagnac posted:

Translation: "Well, at least it's not red wine, vomit & sperm again."

That nose :stare:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ah well, it was a good edit.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Rorus Raz posted:

That was originally about Haiti, wasn't it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rorus Raz posted:

Just to be sure - the edits consist of the text, and Kelly's head on Innocent Bystander, right?

Munin posted:

I like the sequence of Cuba cartoons ending with the one when the embargo actually drops...

The quintessential Latuff.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Eh, it's better than most obituary cartoons.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Just to be sure - the edits consist of the text, and Kelly's head on Innocent Bystander, right?
Added a beret, mustache, and stink lines to the dude, gave the lady a cigarette and some flies.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rorus Raz posted:

You should tweet this to Sutton. I don't know how he'd handle it.

(for those of you saying "don't touch the poop", Sutton is pretty cool about these things. He even gave Xylo the recipe for Whiskey Sours)

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Xander77 posted:

Speaking as an "arist", I still do not feel safe.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

seiferguy posted:

You should tweet this to Sutton. I don't know how he'd handle it.

(for those of you saying "don't touch the poop", Sutton is pretty cool about these things. He even gave Xylo the recipe for Whiskey Sours)

Sutton is a nice guy. He took a look at and was very friendly about a cartoon I drew last year and even encouraged me to keep doing the things for some reason.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Death Ray posted:

Speaking as an "arist", I still do not feel safe.
I'm buying you an OVERBEARING EDITOR shirt :colbert:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh, very nice. The original was about... Haiti? Some disaster. Where'd you find the beret?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

escape mechanism posted:

"Homage to 12 humans, I am... [names of the victims]"
"For gently caress's sake, stop it with your drawings of pencils, we all used to draw with sharpies!"

Wait. Wait-wait-wait-wait.

Does this mean that when Ramirez drew his "liberté" Sharpie, he did actual research on the issue before writing his cartoon? Huh.

For reference:

Xenoveritas fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread