Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/01/12/centcom-twitter-account-apparently-hacked-by-islamic-state-sympathizers/

Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hacking twitter is certainly a display of immense technical prowess, a feat only accomplished by literally anybody.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm shaking in my boots!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

I guess someone forgot to change their 12-character password with an upper case, lower case, number and at least 2 special characters once a month IAW command policy letter 07 specifying SOP for use of social media by authorized PAO representatives. Will someone get an ARCOM for remembering the password to their recovery email account?

I am looking forward to the bidding process to build a 21st-century modular DoD-organic social media platform that agilely integrates with AKO, DEERS and ATRRS with the help of subcontractors across 17 different states.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Who the gently caress is gay and dumb enough to follow CENTCOM on twitter? The answer is officers , it was so obvious the whole time

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
guys twitter is important. major new sources now use it as.... a news source

thanks obama!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They found the flight recorder for the last AirAsia crash, no voice recorder yet but they're hopeful it's buried under debris. They think the plane was still intact when it impacted the water.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i always wonder what the passengers feel as they are falling at several thousand feet per second

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Zeris posted:

I am looking forward to the bidding process to build a 21st-century modular DoD-organic social media platform that agilely integrates with AKO, DEERS and ATRRS with the help of subcontractors across 17 different states.

Pretty sure it already exists on SIPR. DoD Twitter, wikipedia and blogger rip offs. I can't remember what they called the twitter one though, it had a pretty dumb name I think.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Heaven help us when they discover MySpace

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ded posted:

i always wonder what the passengers feel as they are falling at several thousand feet per second

*shoulda hosed that ladyboy when I had the chance*

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ded posted:

"I wonder if I have enough time to rub one last one out."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ded posted:

Eh, at optimal conditions the terminal velocity of a 747 is around 3000 ft/s and in a crash probably a lot less. If they popped out of the airplane, less than 200 ft/s.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Stultus Maximus posted:

Eh, at optimal conditions the terminal velocity of a 747 is around 3000 ft/s and in a crash probably a lot less. If they popped out of the airplane, less than 200 ft/s.

well i was assuming still in the aircraft, terminal on a body is much lower

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

I guess someone forgot to change their 12-character password with an upper case, lower case, number and at least 2 special characters once a month IAW command policy letter 07 specifying SOP for use of social media by authorized PAO representatives. Will someone get an ARCOM for remembering the password to their recovery email account?

I run a gov Twitter. You can sure as hell bet I changed my poo poo today. Eeeks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Lou Takki posted:

Pretty sure it already exists on SIPR. DoD Twitter, wikipedia and blogger rip offs. I can't remember what they called the twitter one though, it had a pretty dumb name I think.

They still use IRC on SIPR.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

psydude posted:

Pretty sure 95% of SIPR is just IRC chatrooms to be honest.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

thetechnoloser posted:

I run a gov Twitter. You can sure as hell bet I changed my poo poo today. Eeeks.

It's you. You're the cancer.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

smertrioslol posted:

It's you. You're the cancer.

Guilty. Hell of a lot better job than S1, though.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

ded posted:

http://youtu.be/vdPy5Ikn7dw?t=8m59s (nws audio)

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Lou Takki posted:

It's called eChirp.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

psydude posted:

Nothing beat laughing w/ pred and reaper sensor operators as they blew up muds in IRC like it was a GIP hangout

Or popping into random chats and finding some bruh on a sub just chilling.

That poo poo is probably all locked down now.

Our generation had it hardest/best.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeris posted:

Nothing beat laughing w/ pred and reaper sensor operators as they blew up muds in IRC like it was a GIP hangout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Zeris posted:

lol, no.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I remember staying with my then girlfriend's parents back in college shortly after they found out I was a mathematics major. Cue one evening "EBB, Numb3rs is coming on! That must be your favorite show!"

:suicide:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Overheard on the grapevine: SOCOM will conduct an operation in DRC to secure the uranium resources. Ok actually I just noticed the document said scenario.

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 13, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its me

im the oozemeister

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I remember staying with my then girlfriend's parents back in college shortly after they found out I was a mathematics major. Cue one evening "EBB, Numb3rs is coming on! That must be your favorite show!"

:suicide:

Reminds me of the time my dumbass boss took the accounting team to see Shadow Recruit. Because his superior said he wasn't providing any actual managing.

'Hey, Naba, how'd you like the movie?'

'They did an okay job on the Russian accents.'

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/12/americas/cuba-prisoners-release/index.html

Cuba releasing 53 political prisoners as a show of good faith with the US.

It's happening.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

It was still pretty wild and free when I was in Afghanistan last year. Probably because field grade officers don't know what it is and how to use it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Wish I could have gotten on military IRC like the huge nerdlinger I am. Alas, I was but a dumb grunt.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Whole lotta filth on mIRC.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Mike-o posted:

Wish I could have gotten on military IRC like the huge nerdlinger I am. Alas, I was but a dumb grunt.

Pog privilege.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think Communicator/Lync supports group chats

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
France deploys 10000 troops to France. They really aren't loving around, I could see them really turn it on in Syria now.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I think Communicator/Lync supports group chats

I get basically no work done on a computer because I'm too busy talking up LRS girls on lync.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

lightpole posted:

France deploys 10000 troops to France. They really aren't loving around, I could see them really turn it on in Syria now.

where were they before?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

lightpole posted:

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Oh please let this mean France is going to reoccupy the Levant.

• Locked thread