Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Doom was a one-trick pony, but it was a pretty neat trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Doom was already a pretty real threat, maybe the strongest of the remaining 2-skill characters. With this on top of those, he's pretty scary.

In other news, Steam version had a pop up today about linking to Facebook for cross-platform play... But it didn't actually work, and it seems it isn't working for anyone. Maybe soon, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now it's ALL SHALL KNEEL BEFORE DOOM.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Helion posted:

Any other goon alliances open? Mine is pretty dead. Got a mess of 3*s and such.

I can make a spot for you in Bounce House if you'd like... we're not that active though.. 13-16 people play a day on average

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
That'd be great, I can help make it 14-17.

And ugh, Over the last couple days I got individual covers for She-Hulk, Ock, and Colossus. Are any of these worth keeping? They seem kinda bad. Don't know why the game didn't throw a Beast my way while it was at it.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

Helion posted:

And ugh, Over the last couple days I got individual covers for She-Hulk, Ock, and Colossus. Are any of these worth keeping? They seem kinda bad. Don't know why the game didn't throw a Beast my way while it was at it.

They're all so bad they got pulled for revamping before (actual good) characters like Hood and Captain America who released months before.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Colossus isn't bad if you have a few covers for him, but Ock is a situational role player at best and I have no idea what to do with she hulk

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
They are all pretty craptacular, but probably worth hanging on to until their revamps are announced.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I don't have any events or an Alliance anymore. This is apparently affecting Android and PC for a lot of people and D3 doesn't know what the issue is yet. Funny this comes the day after they add a Backup with Facebook tab.

e: It's back now. That was pretty quick.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 7, 2015

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Helion posted:

opened up a spot for you. join up whenever and i'll approve it asap

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Does this game really have a giant userbase of whales? It seems like every time i want to stay in a certain place in ranking, my next opponents are always level 150+ people and I'm still with sub-80 stuff. Also it sucks that ISO is so hard to gather when you need about 2k to level someone up.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Be sure not to miss the current round of the Hulk event, there's a free green Hulk cover for beating one easy node.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

shadok posted:

Be sure not to miss the current round of the Hulk event, there's a free green Hulk cover for beating one easy node.

Yeah I now have 3 green covers on Hulk now. Maybe someday I can get some red/blacks

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

shadok posted:

Blargh, every time this event comes up, that reward's always a green cover. I need red, damnit.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

CidGregor posted:

Blargh, every time this event comes up, that reward's always a green cover. I need red, damnit.

I have 5 red and have discarded at least one that I remember. I desperately need black but I'll take a free green.

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Screw this crap I've had it, I ain't no Mr. Cool
If anybody has an alliance I can join it'd be appreciated. Not a super try-hard by any means, but I play regularly and am working on taking my first fully-covered 3-star (Patch) up to max level.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I tried so hard to stay in the top 25 in Earth's Mightiest so I can get 2 Luke covers and right at the last loving minute I get bumped to 30th :smithicide:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Got bumped to 106 at the last minute of it. It was hard as everyone was running a 249 Hulk plus green attack. I could do without that event again

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I got bumped to 3 :smithicide:

However, the new shield cooldowns do make it a lot easier to jump way out in front and coast for the last day.

It's pretty amazing how many people have a maxed sheThor/Xforce combo. I'm sure I lost a couple thousand iso searching for fights without that.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

I think I've had to toss 2 or 3 green Hulks by this point, and he's still at 5/1/5. At any rate, I'm surprised how well Hulk event is going for me given that I missed getting Cage - no idea why, but I just couldn't break over 200th in the last PvE. Yet here I don't have one of the essentials and I'm somehow around 50th. Hopefully I'll make it to the end reward and then with the PvP will have 2 Cages within a couple days.

PvP is becoming a bit of a nightmare for me though. Soon as I hit 300-400 points, I'm running into max 3-star or mid 4-star teams now. I guess I can't complain, given that I have 4 maxed 3-stars myself, but really, this game is much more fun when you can overpower enemies and clear matches in a minute or two.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Goldom posted:

I think I've had to toss 2 or 3 green Hulks by this point, and he's still at 5/1/5. At any rate, I'm surprised how well Hulk event is going for me given that I missed getting Cage - no idea why, but I just couldn't break over 200th in the last PvE. Yet here I don't have one of the essentials and I'm somehow around 50th. Hopefully I'll make it to the end reward and then with the PvP will have 2 Cages within a couple days.

PvP is becoming a bit of a nightmare for me though. Soon as I hit 300-400 points, I'm running into max 3-star or mid 4-star teams now. I guess I can't complain, given that I have 4 maxed 3-stars myself, but really, this game is much more fun when you can overpower enemies and clear matches in a minute or two.

I don't think a lot of people are playing this pve? I do have Luke Cage but I've been clearing each area only once and somehow have been top 50 the whole time, I just replayed the hard area for this one and I'm almost top 20. Well, I could use another blue Doom cover and extra hero points are nice :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Goldom posted:

That's how I handle PVP. I determine fights either by giant level differences, or if the levels are even I determine which fights I do by what heroes they have. I'm usually never scared of anything that doesn't have a fat nuke on them. If it does have a fat nuke on them I try to prevent them from getting those colors and use Widow to steal AP if I need an extra turn, or I just use everything I have to blow them out.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

21st Cherry boy posted:

I don't think a lot of people are playing this pve? I do have Luke Cage but I've been clearing each area only once and somehow have been top 50 the whole time, I just replayed the hard area for this one and I'm almost top 20. Well, I could use another blue Doom cover and extra hero points are nice :v:

The individual missions only last for about 9-10 hours each, it's not as easy to grind them if you have a busy schedule. Plus there's a load of Dark Avengers fights which I hate (gently caress Venom and especially gently caress Daken).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Venom is fine as long as you don't let him get Devour off. Daken is a bastard and I usually target him first to build up AP.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Dizz posted:

Venom is fine as long as you don't let him get Devour off. Daken is a bastard and I usually target him first to build up AP.

See I always leave Daken for last, or at least long enough to build up big power moves and/or strike tiles to one- or two-shot him, otherwise you're working against his drat healing the whole time and at an even level he's healing almost, if not AS fast as you can hurt him.

But yes, gently caress Daken really hard.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Auk14HP posted:

If anybody has an alliance I can join it'd be appreciated. Not a super try-hard by any means, but I play regularly and am working on taking my first fully-covered 3-star (Patch) up to max level.

I can get you into Bounce House... we have about 15 members active daily. Lmk if you wanan invite and i'll make a spot for you

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

bouncyman posted:

I can get you into Bounce House... we have about 15 members active daily. Lmk if you wanan invite and i'll make a spot for you

Sounds good, let me know when you've got a spot!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

CidGregor posted:

See I always leave Daken for last, or at least long enough to build up big power moves and/or strike tiles to one- or two-shot him, otherwise you're working against his drat healing the whole time and at an even level he's healing almost, if not AS fast as you can hurt him.

But yes, gently caress Daken really hard.

I just don't like his attack tiles so I aim to get rid of him ASAP. I will use a fat nuke on him if it will end his bullshit that turn. Onslaught > Sunder > Adamantium Slash are all good killers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jesus gently caress I did not realize how strong Black Panther was, especially when used with Patch. Got me to Top 10 in the PvP event, netting me two Lukes. Patch, Panther, and Original Widow / Spidey / Falcon / Hood / whatever is amazing.

Yay.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Jesus gently caress I did not realize how strong Black Panther was, especially when used with Patch. Got me to Top 10 in the PvP event, netting me two Lukes. Patch, Panther, and Original Widow / Spidey / Falcon / Hood / whatever is amazing.

Yay.

I really wish I had a Panther. He'd do me wonders with Ares.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want a team of Black Panther / 2* Storm / Deadpool.

Covers all colors and everyone has a team attack. It would be ineffective as hell though since their skills tend to be pricey. Especially Deadpool's Purple.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Dizz posted:

I just don't like his attack tiles so I aim to get rid of him ASAP. I will use a fat nuke on him if it will end his bullshit that turn. Onslaught > Sunder > Adamantium Slash are all good killers.

His attack tiles aren't as strong as you'd think (at max level for 2* Daken they're still weaker than 2* Wolverine's strike tiles) and since Chemical Reaction became a thing he wipes them out himself a lot, in cases where you can't manage it. Attacking him first while you're still building up AP wastes time, which is kind of exactly what he's designed to do: stall for time. It's best to focus down someone who can't constantly heal every turn and wait until you can nuke him or overwhelm him with your own strike tiles.

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

Plus there's a load of Dark Avengers fights which I hate (gently caress Venom and especially gently caress Daken).

Yeah and 1 stars scale higher than 2 stars scale higher than 3 stars. All with cheap abilities.

6 red/green for Juggs and Rags
5 blue for Daken
5 purple for Venom
7 purple for Moonstone etc

With the crazy scaling of 1 and 2 star heroes at higher levels I had forgotten how much of a pain most of PVE was with the nice Simulator and Gauntlets they had just given us.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Auk14HP posted:

Sounds good, let me know when you've got a spot!

Go ahead and join up!

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

bouncyman posted:

Go ahead and join up!

In as Auk, thanks!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Folks should do the Hulk event more, because I'm at 146, and I need to get knocked down to 151 for the Hawkeye cover

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

If only it told the truth.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Hahahaha Berserker Rage does not disarm your own Doctor Doom traps. So by the time you get 9 green you've probably already filled up most/all of the purple tiles with traps and the opponent gets few or no strike tiles.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Could they have made the Deadpool dialog any cringier? Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

21st Cherry boy posted:

Hahahaha Berserker Rage does not disarm your own Doctor Doom traps. So by the time you get 9 green you've probably already filled up most/all of the purple tiles with traps and the opponent gets few or no strike tiles.

With this and the new Daredevil, it's like they're trying to find ways to buff Patch, which is a bit odd. Given that mine's just hit 5/3/5 166 though, I can't complain.