Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

UoI posted:

:siren: Santa has a date! :siren:

This thing has been rescheduled for January 10th (next Saturday) at 11:00 PM GMT. There will be two prize categories: The land winners (only for goons who have nothing more than one (1) small farm. If you have more than this please don't sign up for this you evil monster. :mad:) and fun prizes (for goons who have land. If you have more than one small farm sign up for this.) Fun prizes include, but are not limited to: APEX, Salon Certs, other funbux cash shop items, gold.
Events

Where's Waldo Find a certain person on either Nuia or Haranya. Clues of the person's location will be given every half hour. Reward: Thatched Farmhouse.

Clipper Race From the north of the map (Auroria) to the south (locations to be announced). Reward: Large Farm

Scavenger Hunt Specifics to be announced when event begins. Reward: Large Farm

Steal the Feesh! Screenshot of you behind the wheel of a fisher's fishing boat with at least two (2) fish in the hold. It should go without saying this can't be a goon boat. Reward: Five hundred (500) gold.

Fifth event is also extremely simple. Specifics to be announced at start of event. Reward: Five hundred (500) gold.

Bonus Event

Straight up Team Deathmatch. Two teams in a PvP zone will go at it. Last team standing wins. Reward to be determined.

Sign-ups

IGN: In-game name here
Prize: Land or Fun
Do you hate me because the time/date is inconvenient for you? Y/N

Please sign up in this thread, or if you're scared to post in this thread :ohdear: you can PM me; if you're a skrub and can't PM here you can send an in-game mail to Riyott to get yourself signed up.

:siren: Rules :siren:

Don't be a dick.
Don't be unsportsy poo poo.
Don't sign up for the Land prizes if you have land (duh). Remember this is a contest for goons who don't have anything, and fun of course.
Don't mention any of the goon drama. It's Christmas drat it!
Have fun! (given)

Breaking any of the rules will result in me being very disappointed. Don't break the rules. :(

Server is Aranzeb.

Edit: Fun prizes for events are still being discussed. More info sooni-ish. Maybe.

I got a mysterious 500g in the mail and wasn't really looking when I hit TAKE ALL -> DELETE MAIL since I had a bunch of auctions. Found out today you'd sent it to someone else in Vaior, so I figure it was probably you - thank you!

That extra 500g helped fund mats for a guild manor in West Halcyona. That will help on Hellswamp packs for those who still play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Trion support has become such a joke.

Some pages ago I told you that my account got banned after sending items to a goon. I appealed on the 31st and have not heard from them since. It also said "This account is banned" when trying to log in. Today I thought I would like to check my account again, since I just received an email that my sub has run out. And suddenly I can get back in again. I also didn't miss any possible emails from them, I currently don't run a spam filter.

Yesterday I thought that I should annoy them a bit for fun and sent mails to any Trion address I found online, like publishing and others, maybe it had to do with that :iiam:

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Trion support has become such a joke.

Some pages ago I told you that my account got banned after sending items to a goon. I appealed on the 31st and have not heard from them since. It also said "This account is banned" when trying to log in. Today I thought I would like to check my account again, since I just received an email that my sub has run out. And suddenly I can get back in again. I also didn't miss any possible emails from them, I currently don't run a spam filter.

Yesterday I thought that I should annoy them a bit for fun and sent mails to any Trion address I found online, like publishing and others, maybe it had to do with that :iiam:

I'd be willing to bet that they've turned off three quarters or more of the people that played Archeage from ever trying another Trion game. It apparently wasn't enough that the game sucked poo poo, they decided they were going to have ridiculously awful customer service as well. I really wish I had sold my account/land for real money when I had the chance. Now I'll just be bitter at all the money I spent for nothing.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
That's really funny, because I remember Trion having good customer service way back when Rift first launched. What happened?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

imperialparadox posted:

That's really funny, because I remember Trion having good customer service way back when Rift first launched. What happened?

Partly they seem to have vastly underestimated the number of customers the game would have at launch. Then 2 million accounts turned up all at once, and they didn't have nearly enough server capacity or customer support to deal with them all. So at the worst people were reporting 6 hour queues to get into the game. :stare: That burned off most of their new game goodwill and excitement right out of the gate. Over the next few weeks they doubled their number of servers and queues eventually went away, but it wasn't ideal.

It's weird that they underestimated so badly though. They knew how many founder's packs they had sold, so they shouldn't have been surprised at how many people turned up during the 4 day founder's head start. This isn't their first game launch either, so they ought to have had an idea how many free to players would turn up to try the latest thing. They shouldn't have been caught with their pants down.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
So many mistakes made at launch and since, but I still think they should have:

1) Suspended FTP until they fixed the game for people who had paid to play;
2) Postponed adding servers until #1; and,
3) Properly compensated founders.

Instead, they basically sacrificed the enjoyment of people who had already paid in order to try to convince new people to play and then pay. I'm guessing if you checked now, some huge percentage of the people who are still actively playing are those who bought founders, even though many more founders have undoubtedly left. As we close in on the last day of patron status for founders, I'm guessing they might be regretting their decision.

I don't think the game is necessarily doomed to an early shutdown, but I do think it has permanently damaged itself and will be less profitable than it could have been.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The founders were dumb enough to spend money on this and make it profitable for trion.

The founders are to blame.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Finndo posted:

Instead, they basically sacrificed the enjoyment of people who had already paid in order to try to convince new people to play and then pay. I'm guessing if you checked now, some huge percentage of the people who are still actively playing are those who bought founders, even though many more founders have undoubtedly left. As we close in on the last day of patron status for founders, I'm guessing they might be regretting their decision.

I don't think the game is necessarily doomed to an early shutdown, but I do think it has permanently damaged itself and will be less profitable than it could have been.

game is dead, who cares

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Ahahaha just got the confirmation mail:

quote:

Greetings insertname,

Thank you for your appeal inquiry.

We have reviewed your account and verified that you were banned incorrectly. We apologize for this error and we will use this information to improve our reports system so legitimate players such as yourself are not banned incorrectly going forward. We are working our hardest to get rid of as many of the illegitimate players as we are able to, but unfortunately this means that certain times our reports can be too restrictive and catch legitimate players. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. The ban has been removed and you should be able to log in normally once again. Good luck and have fun in ArcheAge.

We have provided 30 days of patron time as compensation for the time that you were unable to access your account.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Your reference number for this question is xxxxxxxx

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Finndo posted:

The game is however doomed to just fart around in limbo with no real updates beyond what's live now in Korea since the developer has mostly moved on and is just keeping the lights on while pumping out the occasional cash shop item. It could go on like that for years, I just don't see it getting any better is my point.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
yes, this was all said ten pages ago.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So.. What are we going to do now then? Have you guys tried Warframe yet? :) Goon clan can hook y'all up sweet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Foehammer007 posted:

yes, this was all said ten pages ago.

This is the thread for talking about archeage. Trion being buttfaces is pretty much all there is to talk about.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
How well does a sloth fly

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Foehammer007 posted:

Surprisingly well. They also look adorable riding around on your back when you aren't flying.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

The game is however doomed to just fart around in limbo with no real updates beyond what's live now in Korea since the developer has mostly moved on and is just keeping the lights on while pumping out the occasional cash shop item. It could go on like that for years, I just don't see it getting any better is my point.

Yeah this. Literally the only updates the game is ever going to receive are more cash shop items. That's it.

You can forget new races etc because the original developers have moved onto other projects.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Foehammer007 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUM8m2rnP0

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Charles Bukowski posted:

So.. What are we going to do now then? Have you guys tried Warframe yet? :) Goon clan can hook y'all up sweet.

this game taught me a lot about goons and showed me the way to actually kinda cool psuedo-MMORPGs so in that way it was pretty cool :unsmith:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
lol

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

This guy's worst enemy

http://youtu.be/d__9Hoed-tY

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I really have no idea why I still log in roughly once a week for 2-3 minutes to pay property taxes. I suppose I don't want to give up my land until my Patron runs out and I can't pay taxes anymore, because the game doesn't seem to be 100% dead quite yet. Then again, I'll very likely never play it actively again, so I'm not sure why I waste even a couple minutes a week.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ruffz posted:

I really have no idea why I still log in roughly once a week for 2-3 minutes to pay property taxes. I suppose I don't want to give up my land until my Patron runs out and I can't pay taxes anymore, because the game doesn't seem to be 100% dead quite yet. Then again, I'll very likely never play it actively again, so I'm not sure why I waste even a couple minutes a week.

:moments:

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

ruffz posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't keep coming back to this thread to tell us you only log in to pay taxes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I only log in to block the court house and make people angry.

10 days of patron left. Will I be renewing? gently caress no.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

DancingShade posted:

I only log in to block the court house and make people angry.

10 days of patron left. Will I be renewing? gently caress no.

How else will he generate labor while AFK for dozens of hours at a time?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Anyone got a better translation for patch 1.8, which just came out in Korea? Seems like it's more focused on PvP.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?153118-Alot-of-info-from-the-coming-1.8-patch-Heroes-Reputation-and-more!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I could do a better one but I only started collecting snapshots relatively recently.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Quit playing but still reading the thread? Worker's compensation potions are up to 85 gold tonight.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh they'll go a lot higher.

One interesting thing is I've not seen any bots farming for a while but the gold spam is still very strong. I wonder if most of the Chinese gold farmers saw the writing on the wall and are just trying to sell up their stock?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I never thought a game would so sorely miss Chinese bot farmers and the Russian mafia.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Appraisal Certificate inflation is the best. You need 1 cert for each 100 gold of value to sell property safely. The certs themselves are on the auction house for 120 gold. In effect it is now impossible to use the safe system to sell land profitably. At this point you'd be better off just selling the certs themselves and letting your land burn down rather than trying to use the certs to sell the land.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

Appraisal Certificate inflation is the best. You need 1 cert for each 100 gold of value to sell property safely. The certs themselves are on the auction house for 120 gold. In effect it is now impossible to use the safe system to sell land profitably. At this point you'd be better off just selling the certs themselves and letting your land burn down rather than trying to use the certs to sell the land.

I was able to sell land for 199g using only one cert. I'm pretty sure its every 200g that requires a new cert.

[edit] Also, on Aranzeb basically all the bots have moved to Auroria. You can pretty consistently find little pockets of blighters killing the undead knights or whatever the gently caress they are, shamans/arcanists killing the water elementals, and solo blighters/abolishers killing the plant dudes in Sungold too. I also still see them pretty regularly on the ostrich things in Windscour near the lake. I don't see why anyone would expect worker's compensation prices to have any correlation to gold farmer activity, though.

[edit2] Also, Worker's Comps will hit a wall (if every other price stays the same) at around 110g. Beyond that the only people who'll buy them are those who can consistently fish without interruption, do charcoal traderuns without significant risk, or are simply willing to lose money on each labor they use for some reason. That price ceiling is going to fall when the divine gift thing hits, too, and from what I know about the droprates of those gifts it's probably going to fall enough to bring Worker's Comps with it.

kznlol fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 18, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kznlol posted:

I was able to sell land for 199g using only one cert. I'm pretty sure its every 200g that requires a new cert.

It's actually a bit more needlessly complicated than that. Up to 199.99.99 you need one cert, plus one for every fraction of 100 gold after that. So 1 cert for 199, 2 certs for 299, 3 certs for 399, 4 certs for 402, 5 certs for 525, etc.

So right now today you could net up to 80 gold on any piece of land. There is no reason to ever charge more than 199 gold. Which is great for people who want to buy, and terrible for people who want to sell.

Unfortunately buying land isn't a great idea right now, because tax certs are up to 3.19 gold each. :signings: Bad time to be a land baron.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
You have to wonder if they will cut cash shop credit prices soon. It would be the smart response, so probably not.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Is there a way to get AA in this game to look like it's actually doing anything?

the in-game options don't seem to have any noticeable effect. Are there any external settings I can use to force decent AA? I'm using a GeForce 980 GTX.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well in theory you can edit the config file but you may as well write it on your wall, it doesn't seem to take anything from there for some reason. If it's not taking from changing poo poo in game you're just hosed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fairly sure my AA is working and I didn't do anything special. Maybe its just a config issue with your video card drivers or something?

Try uninstalling them and run whatever is the appropriate registry cleaner then give your catalyst/nvidia drivers another go. If that doesn't work you're probably best trawling a hardware site.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

How is VaIor doing these days? I still see people in VaIor running around, but a lot less than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Welp just got the email that my patron status has expired. RIP Archeage.

• Locked thread