Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Not one you missed that I know of. Looks like they're putting an old engine of their's into one of Finnegan's boats (they mentioned that as a possible future episode)
Good to see even if Freiburger isn't wearing shorts, he's still got thongs/flip flops on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I was on instagram earlier and Freiburger said February 8th or thereabouts for that episode.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Boat posted:

They made 12 of them. Not sure how many still exist.

Check out the last 2 episodes of last season's "Bitchin Rides" on velocity. They rebuilt one of those things from one that was almost scrap metal. Really fun to watch.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Panty Saluter posted:

Is this from an upcoming episode or just one I managed to miss?

No idea, they posted it on Facebook today.

Also yeah, Feb 8th is the new season/episode/whatever

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

MrChips posted:

Didn't they sell that exact vehicle a few years ago?

I think so. The Pratte Collection is all going to the auction block so many really marque vehicles from previous years are going back on the block and I think that was one of them. Gonna be a good year to gawk and all those cars again.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Am I the only one who saw the thing about automatically excluding other vehicles and thought "Great, now they'll just leave their miscalibrated laser high beams on all the time because the commercials said they don't shine in other drivers' eyes!"

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Can someone fill me in on the name of the show that the two guys wearing shower curtains are on?

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Roadkill

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL12C0C916CECEA3BC

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Can someone fill me in on the name of the show that the two guys wearing shower curtains are on?

(Not sure if serious)

Road Kill on Motortrends YouTube channel...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Can't think of a better way to ground start SR-71 engines than this method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjdyQpEUYzI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jehde posted:

Dunno if camper vans have any place in this thread, but just discovered this is a thing:

:kimchi:

Campers/people movers can definitely be cool.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Campers are cool because they appear to be completely exempt from any kind of safety regulations. Even the bog standard modern ones break like an egg in a wreck.. they rip open and spew their contents all over god's green earth.

Which means you can find a lot of insane ideas made real.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

xzzy posted:

Campers are cool because they appear to be completely exempt from any kind of safety regulations. Even the bog standard modern ones break like an egg in a wreck.. they rip open and spew their contents all over god's green earth.

Which means you can find a lot of insane ideas made real.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's not even the best camper destruction Top Gear has filmed, they've demolished dozens of those things.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This thing is fallout as gently caress. I want.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

3d printed Shelby Cobra

Shelby Cobra by oakridgelabnews, on Flickr

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

reddeathdrinker posted:

(Not sure if serious)

Road Kill on Motortrends YouTube channel...
I actually was serious; thanks. I have only recently begun to seriously indulge my pistonhead tendencies, so there's a lot I don't know (like basically every time someone posts and engine and just says "holy poo poo" I don't know what they're holy making GBS threads about).

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I actually was serious; thanks. I have only recently begun to seriously indulge my pistonhead tendencies, so there's a lot I don't know (like basically every time someone posts and engine and just says "holy poo poo" I don't know what they're holy making GBS threads about).

Here is episode 1, you definitely need to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOYlloxcRZA

I just got done marathoning project Binky also and its super great with tons of awesome fabrication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?
No problem, once your done with Roadkill, go watch Project Binky!

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

http://jalopnik.com/ford-gt-this-is-it-1678893649

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Oh yeah; I think someone linked project binky earlier and it blew my goddamn mind. The guy who does the sheet-metal fabrication is a wizard - I never knew you could rebuild a car with just an angle grinder and a welder.

Thanks for the links to the other stuff, too.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I can't get over it. It looks so drat amazing :allears:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's just the right amount of pretty and just the right amount of vulgarity for the perfect supercar. A ferraghini, or lamborrari.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

MrChips posted:

Didn't they sell that exact vehicle a few years ago?

Yes - I read in Autoweek that the guy who bought it is selling off his collection this year.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Loving the new GT. It's over the top bonkers to look at and the TTV6 is a pleasant surprise.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The best thing about that is when he goes 85 mph on Flamingo, which is par for the course.

Also that Ford GT just looks like a project between Noble and Koenigsegg. I don't like it much.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 13, 2015

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Ford's styling department has been so on-point these past couple of years that it's boggling my mind.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

The best thing about that is when he goes 85 mph on Flamingo, which is par for the course.

Also that Ford GT just looks like a project between Noble and Koenigsegg. I don't like it much.

Neither, it looks like shapeless boiled arse. So much styling there's no room for the actual car. The original new GT looked mint.

:allears:

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Loving the new GT. It's over the top bonkers to look at and the TTV6 is a pleasant surprise.

Don't have that opinion on Motor Trend, Autoblog, or Facebook. People are shredding the fact that it doesn't have a naturally aspirated or blown V8.

Those same people don't understand that FIA has restrictions on engines, and a turbocharged car has a 4.0L limit.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I admit i'm disappointed by the lack of V8, because ~*~heritage~*~, but the fact that they put a twin turbo V6 in it that makes 600hp is making up for that :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I keep seeing "There's no replacement for displacement" posting in the FB car groups I'm part of.

Yeah, that doesn't apply anymore.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
They just need to make a version with the 5.2L flat plane

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Depending on how much they can squeeze out of that flat plane, I'm not sure I wouldn't still want the TTV6 (if I could ever afford one, hah).

The TTV6 in this car is going to be over 600hp. The current 5.2L in the GT350 is going to be a little over 500hp. Now maybe a TT 5.2L, that would be loving amazing, but then it would be ineligible for LM GTE.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the TTV6 is a pleasant surprise.

Isn't that what the XJ220 had? And doesn't everyone blame that for its failure?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Well, if we're going to just broadly paint a single engine configuration with the same brush, then the Nissan GT-R also has a TTV6, and I don't think anyone would call that car a "failure".

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

doesn't everyone blame that for its failure?

Uhhh no. The reason for its 'failure' was it was released at the wrong time.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

It was a V12 concept car that caused people to poo poo blank checks at Jaguar but ended up being released with a TTV6 from the Metro 6R4 Group B because of weight and emissions. At the same car-show the Ferrari F40 was shown, too.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 13, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
and in British fashion there is rover parts in that fucker.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Don't have that opinion on Motor Trend, Autoblog, or Facebook. People are shredding the fact that it doesn't have a naturally aspirated or blown V8.

Those same people don't understand that FIA has restrictions on engines, and a turbocharged car has a 4.0L limit.

Wouldn't a Ford EcoBoost TTV6 in a supercar be a detuned/streetable Daytona Prototype engine? Who wouldn't choose a racing engine over some other V8 Ford could offer? It's more in keeping to the car's heritage as a race car for public roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Noise