Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
As much poo poo as we are giving Almond for wanting so badly to participate in a sketchy-as-hell system, I think she will come to doubt the system in time. Remember that this is the same system that insists that little sisters cannot be legendary heroes. I'm expecting that as she tries to do more and more hero stuff, the system will start sandbagging her. Her disillusionment would probably be more depressing than Cuco's, since she buys into the system so much right now.

Also, isn't it unusual that Cordelia is from another planet? Usually in stories like this the summoner of the great evil is a local, or the summoned great evil is alien, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tupperwarez posted:

As much poo poo as we are giving Almond for wanting so badly to participate in a sketchy-as-hell system, I think she will come to doubt the system in time. Remember that this is the same system that insists that little sisters cannot be legendary heroes. I'm expecting that as she tries to do more and more hero stuff, the system will start sandbagging her. Her disillusionment would probably be more depressing than Cuco's, since she buys into the system so much right now.
In my opinion, the cycle will be broken because everyone* had their head too much up their rear end to realize the legendary hero and the hero's little sister swapped genders this iteration. Eventually, Cucumber will find the courage to stand up to the system using his status as legendary hero as leverage, and not even Almond is dumb enough to dismiss Dream Oracle's immediate backstabbing. In a way, this makes the system into a villain undone by its own hubris, because the power with a vested interest into mantaining this horrible cycle thought she had everything under control and that her puppets would dance to her tune no matter what, and it's not like such a little deviation would actually matter.
Unfortunately, Cuco is nowhere near enough to actually losing his temper and telling Almond to shut up and let him do his thing for once, so she's going to get much worse before she gets better.

*ok, Cabbage and Dream Oracle

quote:

Also, isn't it unusual that Cordelia is from another planet? Usually in stories like this the summoner of the great evil is a local, or the summoned great evil is alien, right?

I'm trying to think about the significance of Cordelia being an outsider, but I can't think up any speculation where that fact is relevant.
On the other hand, Peridot is totally that NPC, the villainess that halfway/3 quarters in switchs sides out of love for the legendary hero. Before anyone objects that she has a crush on Almond, not Cuco: my point exactly.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 12, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Does there even exist 100 different varieties of cucumber/gourd related vegetables?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

dragon enthusiast posted:

Does there even exist 100 different varieties of cucumber/gourd related vegetables?

It's not like names can only be used by one person at a time, or once ever in history.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's not like names can only be used by one person at a time, or once ever in history.

Tell that to the administration of almost every web service ever.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Renaissance Robot posted:

Tell that to the administration of almost every web service ever.
Behold, the 101st Legendary Hero, XxXCucumber360NoScopeWandshotXxX!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
weedLordBonerHitler
RoseMasterBunnyHitter

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's pretty easy to assume that the Dream Oracle is the 'real' villain, given how gung-ho she's been about keeping the system running, but I'm not so sure. Even without Gigi's tendency to make everyone more complex than they first appear, her behavior at the end of chapter 2 makes me think that there's something more going on than anyone's figured out. Also, even if NK himself is more bark than bite, the Disaster Masters do need to be stopped; Splashmaster was an idiot but cared about nothing but breaking stuff, Noisemaster tried to blow up a populated city, Rosemaster either killed or erased the existence of the local royals, and god knows what Glitchmaster is up to, though it's also heavily implied he was the one behind Noisemaster's scheme.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The site is starting to implement a special thing.

The pages are now going to have their original banners and not just the current banner.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Waffleman_ posted:

The pages are now going to have their original banners and not just the current banner.

Ah man, that's cool! Wait, I'm reading it again, noooooooo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not fully implemented yet, and it looks like there are some hiccups right now, but yeah, it sounds neat.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Omobono posted:

I'm trying to think about the significance of Cordelia being an outsider, but I can't think up any speculation where that fact is relevant.

Well, one thing is that it eliminates a few possible explanations. If it weren't for Cordelia, I'd definitely wager a Matrix theory, that all the cute bunnymans are stuck in an actual videogame. But if that's the case, and if Cordelia is really an alien, then why should she willingly plug herself into the Bunnyman Matrix? And if she just *thinks* she's an alien, then why is she a bat/cat thing when everyone else is a bunny?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Triskelli posted:

And if she just *thinks* she's an alien, then why is she a bat/cat thing when everyone else is a bunny?

Ahh, but you are overlooking a Champion of Justice...Commander Caboodle. He's certainly an alien.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Oooh excellent. It even includes a certain recent disappearance.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Oooh excellent. It even includes a certain recent disappearance.

who?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ahh, but you are overlooking a Champion of Justice...Commander Caboodle. He's certainly an alien.

This is a kirby-like universe where being an alien doesn't actually matter that much, mostly that you come from the weirdly-shaped planet just next door.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Well I follow Gigi's twitter and she described the latest strip as "a giant baby throwing a dark tantrum" and I've been thinking it through and decided I simply can't support the work of someone so critically rude

inverts
Jul 6, 2014
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-570/

So Nightmare Knight's attack... is destroying the panels of the comic?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
He's breaking the illusion, looks like.

Always gotta stuff up his subordinate schemes.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
He's just tearing open Creation and letting Reality fall into Nothing. No big deal.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If he was pulling reality-tearing shenanigans like this, it's a wonder how the previous heroes dealt with it. Maybe the dream sword's pretty darn powerful?

Alternatively, at long last, the kid gloves are finally off, if only for a single swipe.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it turns out dreamside's reality is just a fragile dream... the nightmare knight's nightmare... and if they break the cycle, he will wake up...

god wouldn't that be a terrible lovely twist. i'm glad gigi seems to be a much better writer than that :v:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Tollymain posted:

it turns out dreamside's reality is just a fragile dream... the nightmare knight's nightmare... and if they break the cycle, he will wake up...

god wouldn't that be a terrible lovely twist. i'm glad gigi seems to be a much better writer than that :v:

Cucumber's Awakening?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Cucumber's Awakening?

Everything was a dream. Except for the blimp clown.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

"Wow, that dream was like 90% filler. "

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yes. Carrot! Save the Legendary Hero! And Almond if you have time after that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yes. Carrot! Save the Legendary Hero! And Cucumber if you have time after that

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Little sisters can't be legendary heroes. We're ether playing this campaign straight or not at all.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hurry, Carrot! Go fetch Lord Cabbage, he'll know what to do!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Wait, ain't the Nightmare Knight gonna give him the love letter?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

WarpedNaba posted:

AFTER he takes care of the reincarnation or whatever of his long-time enemy.

then he will fix the panels, lean slowly and menacingly down towards Carrot, and, right when Carrot thinks that he will never see Parfait again, NK will hand him the letter and teleport away.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

I think that takes a back-seat to "HULK SMASH PUNY CYCLE"

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I don't think the Nightmare Knight ever planned on delivering it personally. He will likely place it where Carrot will find it.

I'm bemused as to what Carrot can actually do in this situation, unless some other factor comes into play.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

thechosenone posted:

I don't think the Nightmare Knight ever planned on delivering it personally. He will likely place it where Carrot will find it.

I'm bemused as to what Carrot can actually do in this situation, unless some other factor comes into play.
As long as it's not "Running away like a craven coward", I'm good.

Then again, just about everyone's dirty laundry has been aired by this point so...

E;F,B by the comic: That works.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 17, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Appealing to his sense of honour and calling him Sir? Surprisingly diplomatic for a high-strung dude stressed out of his mind.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Make sure you highlight the update text, Gigi's hidden it this time for some reason.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

WFGuy posted:

Make sure you highlight the update text, Gigi's hidden it this time for some reason.

She's gotta be loving around.

That would be something if she wasn't though.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 17, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WFGuy posted:

It's hidden because it's clearly a massive spoiler ALL HAIL THE DARK LORD BACON

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Please people.

Gigi is just trolling you, as is her way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, I gathered she was full of poo poo on that one.

Though, seriously, it would really be something if this was the one time she wasn't :allears: