Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Please tell me that despite having a PT belt sewn into the jacket, PT belts are still required for the uniform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Justin Tyme posted:

Please tell me that despite having a PT belt sewn into the jacket, PT belts are still required for the uniform

Taken from the official Army.mil announcement. Dude on the end is missing his PT belt, someone better get SMA Chandler on the phone.

Before I retired they were doing the vote for the new APFU on AKO so I voted for the gayest looking one they had on there. I think it was almost all yellow or some poo poo, because gently caress you guys that are still in.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Delizin posted:

Taken from the official Army.mil announcement. Dude on the end is missing his PT belt, someone better get SMA Chandler on the phone.

Before I retired they were doing the vote for the new APFU on AKO so I voted for the gayest looking one they had on there. I think it was almost all yellow or some poo poo, because gently caress you guys that are still in.

I also voted for banana suit and am very disappointed in the army's choices

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagaha

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think one of the cost cutting measures was the removal of all reflective material from the APFU so that yellow stripe is not actually reflective.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Force them to get tattoos with reflective material in it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:pwn:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
never change, army

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
is the guy at the left end of the middle row wearing those korean war olive drab trigger mittens?

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

Justin Tyme posted:

It couldn't possibly happen any other way.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is the GAYEST poo poo I've seen.

And when I went in, the PT uniform was that blue and yellow reversible poo poo with the San Francisco Gay Pride mesh poo poo liner.

Never change, Army, never change.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
First Sergeant decided to retire two days before this drill weekend. Thank God.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

calmasahinducow posted:

First Sergeant decided to retire two days before this drill weekend. Thank God.

Your best 1sgt is always your last 1sgt

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

So he doesn't have to buy it when it's required and every store on the planet is sold out because people like you wait till the day before it becomes official regulation to get it

ok dude

50 Foot Ant posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is the GAYEST poo poo I've seen.

heh, that aint poo poo

pt tomorrow in hoochie shorts, shirts optional ooragh?

heres a lil palate cleanser

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You dont need to spoiler those, friend

e; man gently caress muta 6 in the cold, we're gonna be outside all loving day jacking off with trailer sideboards and doing 'by the book' pmcs because my unit hasn't done an actual pmcs on our vehicles since i came here in april and we failed the poo poo out of our COMET or w/e the fuckin acronym for that poo poo is

oh yeah stories, I volunteered for doing going to the COMET reinspection 2 months ago because i needed some extra cash and a CWO4 asked me what the first thing to PMCS on the vehicle and i told him i'd start with checking underneath the vehicle and move on to the wipers...apparently this is wrong, this 50 year old chief goes 'you just start by inspecting whatever you want huh? the correct answer is 'whatever comes first in the TM'

but that is what comes first in the TM

gently caress the army, I'm gay for being in it

Here's to wearing non reg gloves all weekend to touch these loving sideboards

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 10, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh ho ho MUTA 6s

i remember those

gently caress you, got mine

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I had forgotten how much more laid back drill is than being on active duty. Still gay, but less so.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Yeah do a muta-5years you weekend warrior scum

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Fucitol posted:

gently caress you if you're still in.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Cole posted:

Yeah do a muta-5years you weekend warrior scum

Haha I'm not that dumb

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

This is weird but all 5 and a half years of active I never heard anyone say anything about a muta. Is that a reserve/guard thing only?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Full Battle Rattle posted:

This is weird but all 5 and a half years of active I never heard anyone say anything about a muta. Is that a reserve/guard thing only?

Guard/Reserve. Its a four hour block of training. Muta 4 are the normal Sat/Sun. Muta 5 is usually a Friday.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah. Corresponds to the number of inactive duty training (IDT) pay periods on a drill weekend, with a normal drill day being 2 MUTAs and a normal drill weekend being 4. You're allotted 48 per year (4 per month); however units will occasionally group them together into MUTA 6 (3 day) and MUTA 8 (4 day) drills for the purposes of FTXs, range fire, or AT prep while cutting one or both days out of another month (usually during the winter).

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Remember in the December thread when no one posted for like two weeks? That was a good thread.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Every month needs block leave.

I still think it's funny that Fort Drum does a two week block leave in summer as well. Do any other bases do this or is it just because we are in the frozen northlands and two months of summer is all we get?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Aranan posted:

Every month needs block leave.

I still think it's funny that Fort Drum does a two week block leave in summer as well. Do any other bases do this or is it just because we are in the frozen northlands and two months of summer is all we get?

Nope. I think a lot of units do summer/winter block leave. It's easier to plan things if you don't have everyone going on leave randomly all the time. You can also just force everyone to not use leave, like they did back in the good ol' days.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

You can also just force everyone to not use leave, like they did back in the good ol' days.

I hated that poo poo. What was worse was when your platoon sergeant or whoever came up to you with a big poo poo eating grin and dropped that waiver down in front of you, that kept you from taking leave or cashing it in. They always wrapped that poo poo in Mission Essential (IE: nobody else wants to do your lovely job/we hate you and don't want you to take leave) or make vague references to poo poo going down that needs your personal attention.

Meanwhile that fat loving whore with the 4 inch day-glo fingernails down in the PAC office goes on leave for a week every three months.

Or your squad leader would deny your leave because gently caress you. Or your first sergeant because he felt you weren't properly motivated because you never show up to Class-A inspections. Or your CO denying everyone's leave because gently caress you that's why.

Peacetime Army best Army!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Justin Tyme posted:

For all the the things making me roll my eyes over here, one small blessing is that reflective belts have not been a part of the uniform for the past six months.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bell_ posted:

For all the the things making me roll my eyes over here, one small blessing is that reflective belts have not been a part of the uniform for the past six months.

And I guarantee there is some SNCO furiously masturbating to the bullet point he's going to write for himself about "enhancing safety" by reintroducing them as mandatory. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Bell_ posted:

lmao u prolly got a rude awakening coming to you by way of either getting hit by a falling asteroid because your pt belt was left behind or they tell you to wear them so that the asteroid knows u are there and wont hit u

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Good. My time on the Peninsula hasn't been a picnic. gently caress Staff forever.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Bell_ posted:

gently caress Staff forever.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Realized last week that with all my leave saved up I could be terminal by the end of November. Feels good to know that it is down to months and not years.

I will be the s6 for my last 10 months or so too. I am branch detailed signal so I suppose that's why they put me there. Better than the 3 shop.

Anybody have any good luck with Rosetta Stone? I am thinking of taking German as I took it in high school so I have a little base of knowledge in it. And because I might relocate myself to Europe after I get out.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

stevenolson88 posted:

Realized last week that with all my leave saved up I could be terminal by the end of November. Feels good to know that it is down to months and not years.

I will be the s6 for my last 10 months or so too. I am branch detailed signal so I suppose that's why they put me there. Better than the 3 shop.

Anybody have any good luck with Rosetta Stone? I am thinking of taking German as I took it in high school so I have a little base of knowledge in it. And because I might relocate myself to Europe after I get out.

A bolc buddy if mine went germany reserves and said that it is the chillest army posting. Also he is a da civilian now so cola. :clint:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

stevenolson88 posted:

Nice. I'm gonna be going for a school drop, which puts me out around the end of December. In the meantime I'm going to be doing physical therapy until about the same time to rehabilitate my shoulder from the surgery I have, so I will be taking it easy the rest of my time in.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
We had to go ahead and buy the new PT uniform as it was a requirement for this functional fitness train the trainer class, and it honestly feels really cheap compared to the current PT uniform.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hahahaha

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
How can it feel any cheaper? The shorts and the jacket felt like recycled plastic coke bottles for fucks sake.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
It feels thinner, not cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Aranan posted:

Got a text during lunch. "1SG and PSG said you have to go to promotion board in two weeks."

Lowly SPC here and this will be my first board. I'll google for study guides or whatever, but anyone have some basic pointers so I don't look like a complete idiot (just a half-idiot is my goal).

Make continuous eye contact with each 1st SGT and the SGM as you answer each respective question. Stare them down. If you are going to be an idiot, be a confident idiot. It's like a prerequisite to become a senior NCO.

• Locked thread