Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I do think a dog with a shark's head is something people should own. Also kudos if the dog has a reputation, TOTALLY UNDESERVED, of course, for killing people left and loving right from a full stop for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
i think only smart, strong people who know how to deal with dogs should get powerful breeds like pit bulls, rott weilers, etc, but it is very important to understand that all dogs are inherently very good and it is our duty as humans to help them be as good of boys as possible.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

i plan to read the new 5 page thread about pitbull crime instead of going to the last page and replying to random quotes. i scheduled some time to do this later

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
ok diffident guy

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Fonzarelli posted:

they should be illegal, there's no reason to get a dog that has such a ridiculously strong bite power and is so dangerous. I don't care if you like pitbulls, that's not a good enough reason.

People say this, then they run out and get a yappy little lap dog whose poo poo behavior is brushed off as "adorable" or "highly strung" because they're tiny little ankle-biting shits.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
everyone knows dogs only come in pitbull and yorkshire terrier

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

hating pitbulls is pretty much the same rationale racists use for hating black people

well these negros are always in the news for some terrible thing or another, gosh, they must just be predisposed to it! i cant imagine what would drive a good, white, godfearing man to do a thing like that" *next story is about a white man doing the same thing, turns off news*

Golden Retrievers are the middle-class white males of the canine world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihXq_WwiWM

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

hating pitbulls is pretty much the same rationale racists use for hating black people

well these negros are always in the news for some terrible thing or another, gosh, they must just be predisposed to it! i cant imagine what would drive a good, white, godfearing man to do a thing like that" *next story is about a white man doing the same thing, turns off news*

do you really think discussing the predispositions and behavior of the different breeds of a domestic animal that has been manipulated by human beings far more than any other species whose primary purpose in 2015 is to give human beings pleasure and affection is analogous to human racism

this thread

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ramsus posted:

funny that these same liberals that don't want us to own pitbulls don't want us to have guns either even though we need them to protect against the pitbulls

Part of the problem is that pit bulls are supported by both sides of the political spectrum.

Liberals refuse to believe that a dog can be responsible for murder and blame the owners, and conservatives like dogs that can murder people.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Are we banning german shepherds, rottweilers, and dobermans too?

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

FRINGE posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

control f "pit bull" & "pitbull" 440 total

control f "doberman" + "rottweiler" + "german shepherd" 186 combined total

i don't want pit bulls banned but come on now

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Everyday Lurker posted:

Golden Retrievers are the middle-class white males of the canine world.

I can imagine Golden Retrievers being really happy about going to Olive Garden and getting unlimited bread.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

FRINGE posted:

Did you see the stats? Like German Shepherds are totally falling down on the job here. They are going to need some kind of mechanistics... I don't know CAMPS of some kind, maybe involving a gas or some other industrial killing method, to catch up to the kill rate pit bulls have.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FRINGE posted:

If that's what Obama wants, then yes.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Can we ban labs? Theyre pretty annoying.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

NotWearingPants posted:

Part of the problem is that pit bulls are supported by both sides of the political spectrum.

Liberals refuse to believe that a dog can be responsible for murder and blame the owners, and conservatives like dogs that can murder people.

There's only two types of people in this world, libs and cons.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Ramsus posted:

There's only two types of people in this world, libs and cons.

this thread is ironically quite rife with black and white views and also rainbow statements

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Everyday Lurker posted:

People say this, then they run out and get a yappy little lap dog whose poo poo behavior is brushed off as "adorable" or "highly strung" because they're tiny little ankle-biting shits.

Thing is, this is a better option. If an owner is going to be a lovely trainer and get a lovely dog, at least the yappy little lap dog who bites at your ankle sometimes won't murder you, your family, and any unfortunate strangers walking by. You can literally defend yourself by falling over onto the dog with your massive girth or stepping on it and ending it's life forever.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

gently caress da Mods posted:

nothing irks me more than these dog owners being so obtuse.

http://abc7chicago.com/pets/watch-this-4-year-old-girl-in-command-of-a-pit-bull-pack/472397/

:byodood: MY KILLING MACHINE IS A CUDDLE BEAST TEEHEE :byodood:

go gently caress urself, u stupid morons

That is a good article. "There was controversy surrounding this youtube video, here are the facebook comments the prove it!"

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Ruddha posted:

All dogs are good I'm afraid.

As evidence by the movie: all dogs go to heaven 2

W424
Oct 21, 2010
There used to live two russian skinheads here who would take their 2 pittbulls for a walk with one guy holding huge chains. Looked like a cute couple.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i never figured out if getting a pitbull is a choice or if its just handed to you when you're leaving the tattoo parlor and headed to your warehouse job

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

W424 posted:

There used to live two russian skinheads here who would take their 2 pittbulls for a walk with one guy holding huge chains. Looked like a cute couple.

I feel like noone can really criticise Russia for safety concerns because
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NghyXYpMWR0

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I had a dog biting at me while it was passing me and the owner didn't even blink an eye, let alone correct the dog.
That's the problem I've got with dog owners in general. They have a dog, don't go to training with it and when some poo poo happens they deny responsibility or leave the scene.
From my experience most beastmasters are irresponsible shitbags.
People who own or like to own a dangerous dog need to have a background check and mandatory dog training.

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

why havent they invented a gun that dogs can use

quote:

A Florida man became the second hunter in the past two weeks to be shot by his own pooch when his bulldog, Eli, discharged a rifle into his leg on Saturday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/dog-shoots-man_n_1143890.html

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

My sister had a rescue pitbull, he was super chill and probably one of the coolest dogs I've been around.

He was kinda old but still very gangster. She was walking him and they walked by another dog and the other dog growled and freaked out and attacked my sister out of nowhere. Latched onto her leg and left like 20+ puncture wounds through he knew high boot.

Red of course went full pitbull, attacked and killed the other dog on the spot. Luckily she had multiple witnesses that said the other dog attacked first unprovoked.

I'm getting a cockapoo for my kids.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

my cat nudges my pistols trigger alot. Its unloaded when I clean it or leave it anywhere but I dont appreciate the gesture.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

even in a still picture you can see him getting ready to do the rapping-out-the-side-of-his-mouth thing

FRINGE posted:

Can we ban labs? Theyre pretty annoying.

they are like the most vanilla easy-to-deal-with dogs

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Monkey Fracas posted:

even in a still picture you can see him getting ready to do the rapping-out-the-side-of-his-mouth thing

they are like the most vanilla easy-to-deal-with dogs

yea but he feels like white people might own them, which is bad

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

yea but he feels like white people might own them, which is bad

we haven't banned blacks and white people used to own them so i dont see what the big deal is

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
i can agree with that. My cat is orange and I own him

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Humans have gotten very good at selectively breeding dogs for various tasks like herding or police work. In the case of pitbulls, scumbags and lowlives selectively bred the perfect dog for flipping out and murdering things. Pitbulls were bred to kill things in the dogfighting ring, and they're pretty good at it.

The same way a corgi might instinctively try to herd you, a pitbull might instinctively try to rip your loving throat out. While one behavior is cute and possibly mildly annoying, the other is deadly, and anyone who would own a pitbull is probably a moron with a lion tamer complex.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 13, 2015

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Knyteguy posted:

lol you guys are idiots. "pit bull" is highly loving ambiguous and the fact that it takes "8 tries" for the average person to pick out the pit bull on that pick the pit site should make you question the reports of people being mauled.

lol are you getting your stats from this broke rear end website http://www.pickthepit.com/

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I want one of these real bad but my husband won't sign off on it since he had his face ripped open by a doberman as a child and isn't thrilled with the idea of owning a murderbeast.

a life less fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 13, 2015

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
big head burno with the little shark teeth foaming out the mouth

im scared

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My sister had a pitbull, he was really sweet and nice until he snapped and bit some guy in the balls; the guy was a douchebag so it was actually kind of funny, but can only imagine how much it would've sucked if he wasn't a douchebag.

Not sure why people would get one, particularly with breed restrictions at most places.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

go3 posted:

i never figured out if getting a pitbull is a choice or if its just handed to you when you're leaving the tattoo parlor and headed to your warehouse job

what else are you going to walk when one MMA fight ends really quickly and there's a break before the next one?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

gently caress da Mods posted:

nothing irks me more than these dog owners being so obtuse.

http://abc7chicago.com/pets/watch-this-4-year-old-girl-in-command-of-a-pit-bull-pack/472397/

:byodood: MY KILLING MACHINE IS A CUDDLE BEAST TEEHEE :byodood:

go gently caress urself, u stupid morons

The best part about this is that none of these dogs are even pit bulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
It's called a Pit Bull.

PIT

BULL

A creature born and bread to be thrown in a PIT and to act like a rampaging BULL at the sight of other living beings. The writing's not on the wall, it's a loving flashing neon sign.

Unfortunately nature does often win out over nurture. :smith:

• Locked thread