Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Haha, I got one too. I haven't even bought a DBZ product on PSN or anything. Did they just send these out randomly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They sent them out randomly and you had like a four hour time frame to redeem them, they never stated this in the message.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

They sent them out randomly and you had like a four hour time frame to redeem them, they never stated this in the message.
lol, rip

oh well, the test only lasted a day anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xenoverse looks boring, but the story mode has a fanfiction story so I will buy it when it drops to like 20 bucks.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Countblanc posted:

Black Krillin is a cool deck to use in the Dragonball Z TCG, now available from Panini.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 13, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i spent months of my life playing budokai tenkaichi 3's online until people made angry gamefaqs threads about me kicking their asses with hercule by just abusing the game's busted-rear end mechanics and the fact that online was laggier than brawl

if xenoverse is even slightly better than that, i'll play it forever

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I COMPLETELY forgot about this game until you guys mentioned it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8mo4kMg6Xc

It's actually a really awesome game! I'm gonna go find my copy of it and give it a replay.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

i spent months of my life playing budokai tenkaichi 3's online until people made angry gamefaqs threads about me kicking their asses with hercule by just abusing the game's busted-rear end mechanics and the fact that online was laggier than brawl

if xenoverse is even slightly better than that, i'll play it forever

Before I even read that I'm gonna guess you spammed Prese- yup you did.

That game had a couple challenges where you had to fight AIs cranked to the limit and equipped with the best stuff and the one for Hercule (I believe it's "Earth's True Hero") had him abuse the hell out of that move. It was infuriating and in the hands of a human player it sounds downright mean.
Also shame on you if you didn't gamble with the Dynamic Mess 'em Punch. For those who don't know it's basically a cinematic combo that had a 50/50 chance of either doing 1 damage or an entire lifebar's worth.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
This is a fairly recent demo build of the game, and the animation and stuff is looking pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rF_pzWr7o
Dimps is pretty awesome at making games, I think.

E: Here's another perspective, but as Trunks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlc-HLqW52E
He has some sword moves, which is cool.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 13, 2015

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Oh wow, you just unlocked a little part of my nostalgia I had completely forgotten about.

Oddly enough, if you had shown this to anyone who had no idea what dragonball was about, they'd think it was about the adventures of bulma.

Also, the best parts about Budokai was Kenji Yamamoto's blatant plagiarism.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Freakazoid_ posted:

Oh wow, you just unlocked a little part of my nostalgia I had completely forgotten about.

Oddly enough, if you had shown this to anyone who had no idea what dragonball was about, they'd think it was about the adventures of bulma.

Early on, it kind of was. Goku and Bulma were kind of co-protagonists until after the first wish was made.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

The blatant plagiarism led to some really awesome songs.

HGH posted:

That game had a couple challenges where you had to fight AIs cranked to the limit and equipped with the best stuff and the one for Hercule (I believe it's "Earth's True Hero") had him abuse the hell out of that move. It was infuriating and in the hands of a human player it sounds downright mean.
Also shame on you if you didn't gamble with the Dynamic Mess 'em Punch. For those who don't know it's basically a cinematic combo that had a 50/50 chance of either doing 1 damage or an entire lifebar's worth.
Dynamic Mess 'Em Up punch was my hail-mary. If the fight was actually even, I'd go for it. Led to some pretty hilarious comebacks.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/09/new-live-action-dragon-ball-z-coming-soon-2571996?lt_source=external,manual,manual

:what:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

In what way could you possibly spend a ton of money on a live action DBZ movie that would be better than spending money on high-quality animation? :psyboom:

The only reason I can think of to do a live action movie is to get non-anime fans interested, but DBZ is already very popular so...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I mean, their videos are okay because they're obviously made on a very small budget but I honestly don't see them translating to a full feature.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the chaitozu effect in that trailer is the funniest poo poo

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Show and tell time- I know these animation cels are out there, but this is mine. I bought it.. over a decade ago. Holy poo poo. I forgot I had it until I ran into it at my mom's tonight. She's been on this nostalgia kick lately and pulled out a lot of my old artwork to show my wife and this was mixed into it. I think I'm going to get it framed or something. The context is pretty obscure, but if memory serves this is from a shot at Goku's house talking to Chi Chi after a training session with Gohan and Piccolo when they were training for the Androids. Not exactly the most iconic image ever, but I'm happy to own it. I own a piece of Dragon Ball Z.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

New Leaf posted:

Show and tell time- I know these animation cels are out there, but this is mine. I bought it.. over a decade ago. Holy poo poo. I forgot I had it until I ran into it at my mom's tonight. She's been on this nostalgia kick lately and pulled out a lot of my old artwork to show my wife and this was mixed into it. I think I'm going to get it framed or something. The context is pretty obscure, but if memory serves this is from a shot at Goku's house talking to Chi Chi after a training session with Gohan and Piccolo when they were training for the Androids. Not exactly the most iconic image ever, but I'm happy to own it. I own a piece of Dragon Ball Z.

I THINK it's from the scene when Goku lets slip Gohan will be training to fight the androids, and absent-mindedly pats Chichi on the shoulder which sends her flying through the wall and out of the house, just looking at it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

I THINK it's from the scene when Goku lets slip Gohan will be training to fight the androids, and absent-mindedly pats Chichi on the shoulder which sends her flying through the wall and out of the house, just looking at it.

You're mostly right. That bit is Goku trying to convince Chichi to let Gohan train. The rest is accurate.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yep, nailed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL1aGyPBZ04

I own the "Spousal Abuse Goku", complete with wife-beater.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm almost depressed that I was able to so correctly identify a scene I haven't seen in about 10 years from a single animation cel.

Edit: Oh wait, DBZA showed that scene about a year ago. That's a little better.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 13, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm almost depressed that I was able to so correctly identify a scene I haven't seen in about 10 years from a single animation cel.

Edit: Oh wait, DBZA showed that scene about a year ago. That's a little better.

Don't feel too bad, it's some pretty funny poo poo.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

New Leaf posted:

Yep, nailed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL1aGyPBZ04

I own the "Spousal Abuse Goku", complete with wife-beater.

Gohan has a Venture Bros. bed. I had completely forgotten about that.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How strong do you guys think Piccolo was after he used the Room of Spirit and Time? I've always put him as roughly on par with "Super Vegeta".

Also, how strong is he during the Buu Arc? In my mind, he's somewhere between where Vegeta/Trunks and Goku were during the Cell Games. He's probably surpassed any individual Cell Junior, but not by much.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Star posted:

How strong do you guys think Piccolo was after he used the Room of Spirit and Time? I've always put him as roughly on par with "Super Vegeta".
Probably yeah, there is no way to actually figure it out.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I'd say he was pretty strong, maybe even drat strong.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The correct answer is 'not strong enough.'

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Reminder that Dabura targeted Piccolo and Kuririn when told to get rid of the weak ones, so Piccolo must be weaker than the base Saiyans in the Buu Saga.

powerrrrrlevels

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

In It For The Tank posted:

Reminder that Dabura targeted Piccolo and Kuririn when told to get rid of the weak ones, so Piccolo must be weaker than the base Saiyans in the Buu Saga.

powerrrrrlevels

To be fair, that could be because neither of them can go Super Sayian, which, by that point, they knew about.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I'm not sure about that. Babadi knew there were powerful fighters on Earth, but Spopovich and that other guy didn't recognize Gohan as their target until their energy sensor went off when Gohan went Super Saiyan 2 so they weren't anticipating the transformation. And doesn't Babadi express surprise when Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan against Yakon? Speaking of which, he also thought Pui Pui and Yakon would be able to take on the Saiyans so he can't have had that accurate an understanding of their power (or at least their transformations). I'm assuming that Babadi knew everything Dabura knew considering the psychic link he had with the Majons, so if Babadi didn't know Dabura probably didn't either.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bet Piccolo eased off the training between cell saga and buu saga

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Yeah I thought Piccolo was spending time helping Dende assume the role of Kami.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So kinda like Gohan huh? Like father like son!
Wait a second...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

So kinda like Gohan huh? Like father like son!
Wait a second...

No, no, you're right

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So with the daily rear end-kickings Gohan was getting from the Androids, why wasn't Future Gohan from the Trunks timeline stronger?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He's Yoshi strong.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

So with the daily rear end-kickings Gohan was getting from the Androids, why wasn't Future Gohan from the Trunks timeline stronger?

They didn't kick his rear end hard enough until they finally killed him. That and they jumped him all the time. He could probably beat 18 by himself.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If you think about it, Trunks should have been the hero of that arc since a) he is the one who had to live through awful alternate future and b) besides Goku, he was the only one who wasn't there in the last go around. Gohan was there and failed to beat the android. To be fair, he didn't have his father mentor him and teach him to unlock his full power, but still!

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Pureauthor posted:

The correct answer is 'not strong enough.'

The correct answer is 'not Goku'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I kind of like how all of Trunks' attacks in the anime are flashy arm things or awkward Jojo poses and then he just fires the same yellow/blue blast as everyone else. It's also pretty incredible that he doesn't name any of them, so the games have to step in to call them BURNING SHINING BLAST BREAKER or whatever. Since he's a teen, it always struck me that he was just doing some stuff he thought looked sweet.

I really like how theatrical Vegeta's attacks are, too. I'll admit that even in the FUNi dub it kind of gave me chills when he's charging Final Flash versus Cell and his voice echoes, "NOW YOU'LL SEE A TRUE SAIYAN WARRIOR (rrior... ior....or)" with his awesome theme done with bells and stuff.

• Locked thread