Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

mmkay posted:

No, it's a pyramid scheme

EDIT:
Also I think it's 1 million xp combined from all recruits?

Yes, you get a tracker page that has a meter of recruits' pooled xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Atomizer posted:

And why weren't you claiming to be paying real cash for your 100% gold shells? And why didn't you tell him that you actually use secret super-premium shells that cost double but always pen?!? It's like you don't know how to troll! :psyduck:

Goddamnit, because the pubbie's insane mad up gold round tracker was a lot funner than the standard "all gold" troll :argh:
Fine!

E:

Why do these loving idiots keep CAPFASTING :(

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 12, 2015

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Welp I guess it's time to join PZMOE and destroy it from the inside.

Well.

If you kills us, then we'll probably stop getting tag-teamed back-to-back against the top 10 clans on the server, which at this point, I can only take as a good thing. Because besides our undying love for moé and boxes, none of us have any idea what kinda bone a clan not even in the 100th's picked with them.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Valle posted:

I know relative tier matters, but we're talking tier 10 tanks here so it's not like they can shoot higher tier tanks for bonus exp, and shooting down seems to have less of an effect. I mean, adding up damage and spotting damage the BatChat literally did more than 4 times the damage the E4 did. Then of course there's the whole shooting stuff you're not spotting yourself, but they both got spotting damage so...yeah. I dunno.

You know, I had a Cromwell win with a good amount of xp but I only penned like two shots and did a moderate amount of spotting, but what I DID do was use my agility to bait the higher tier tanks in missing me about a dozen times while my team took them out. Doe WoT reward you for red missing your tank somehow?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, for some reason I've a feeling that the WZ-111 will be the last call for a 'new' fixed MM tank. The M56 Scorpion is getting de-tiered to T7 and keeping the 90mm. I think that's what they're going to do from now on - subtract a tier from a tank that might otherwise get fixed MM, and ensure it at least has a *chance* against the maximum tier it'll face, which at T7 would be T9, and the 90mm M3 it'll get has 243mm gold pen and 160mm with AP.

Wait, I knew they were de-tiering the Scorpion, but where did you hear that they're also taking away that original gun? The last thing I read, from everyone's favorite idiot, suggested that it was keeping the gun: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/21/straight-outta-supertest-m56-scorpion-to-tier-7/

OSad posted:

To be honest, I wanted to go back to PZMOE for a bit and the "news" was a nice scapegoat. That was the clan I was in since beta and every once in a while, I like to drop by for a rain check and hang out with some of the cool dudes in there. I don't really *have* to be in PZMOE, since we all share the same mumble, but being in the clan gives me access to the clan chat, which is nice since not everyone in the clan uses mumble during peak time.

What exactly is PZMOE?

Poil posted:

I finally got enough xp to ditch the birch gun, and got into the bishop. Holy poo poo it's awful. What kind of moron thought it was a good idea to have arty without gun elevation? If the ground is completely flat you've got fairly bad range. If the ground is sloping the slightest bit downwards you're stuck with noticeably shorter range than most tanks you go up against have sight. If the enemy is on higher elevation than you? Lol, gently caress you you can't get a shot up there.

Uh, the Bishop with the top gun has pretty ridiculous elevation; that's the reason it and the 304 are so good, their shots (near their max range) fall nearly vertically and have a good chance to pen thin deck/roof armor. The max range suffers as a result, but that's the tradeoff for being effective. The 304 is a better expression of that playstyle, as it has the mobility to change position.

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey guys I know I don't post here often but this exploit is too good to not share so bear with me while I tell you how to get back at wargaming...

You know that you can buy multiple tokens of the same nation right ?
That means you can get multiple WZ-111's !
That means you can make an insane ammount of credits by buying tokens and then selling the tanks for mad profit.

Do it fast before they fix that mad exploit I made millions in a matter of hours.

Just so anyone doesn't actually do this, the $/gold (or credits) conversion ratio can' t possibly be profitable unless the in-game value of the 111 is hosed up. On the wiki it's listed as 12250 gold, which is in-line with the value of other tier 8 prem tanks. Regardless of whether or not you convert that to credits, the value is still about $50, so buying all the tokens for $70 is simply not worth it; you'd be better off buying $50 or $100 of gold, or one of the credit packs if you really need them.

nutranurse posted:

Should I be gunning straight for higher tiers, or should I faff around within each tier before moving up? Or is it something best left to my discretion.

Basically you need to get comfortable at each tier before moving up, or you won't be effective. Get in the goons channel in-game and on TS to platoon with goons.

Darkrenown posted:

Goddamnit, because the pubbie's insane mad up gold round tracker was a lot funner than the standard "all gold" troll :argh:
Fine!

Well yeah, that's why you troll the pubbies while they spew their insane bullshit! :)

OSad posted:

Well.

If you kills us, then we'll probably stop getting tag-teamed back-to-back against the top 10 clans on the server, which at this point, I can only take as a good thing. Because besides our undying love for moé and boxes, none of us have any idea what kinda bone a clan not even in the 100th's picked with them.

Eh, you guys are just getting targeted because those clans are active during your defense period. You're listed as available for attack; I'm sure it's nothing personal, they probably don't even know your clan.

KurdtLives posted:

You know, I had a Cromwell win with a good amount of xp but I only penned like two shots and did a moderate amount of spotting, but what I DID do was use my agility to bait the higher tier tanks in missing me about a dozen times while my team took them out. Doe WoT reward you for red missing your tank somehow?

If we got rewarded for pubbies missing then we'd all make 10k XP a game.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atomizer posted:

What exactly is PZMOE?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Poil posted:

I finally got enough xp to ditch the birch gun, and got into the bishop. Holy poo poo it's awful. What kind of moron thought it was a good idea to have arty without gun elevation? If the ground is completely flat you've got fairly bad range. If the ground is sloping the slightest bit downwards you're stuck with noticeably shorter range than most tanks you go up against have sight. If the enemy is on higher elevation than you? Lol, gently caress you you can't get a shot up there.

In arty view you move the cursor over a red tank but the target line is completely grayed out as far as you can see at the furthest zoom and helplessly you see the tank line up the gun perfectly with the target line and then you die. I might as well suicidally and slowly charge the enemy base every game and maybe get off a single shot that will likely miss instead of playing it like a regular arty. My only hope is that the second gun is somehow better.
:negative:

But on the plus side I've managed to raise my win rate in both my tiger and my tiger2 by 1% each. :toot:

The Bishop is great. The lack of range is actually caused by having a lot of elevation. Your shells take a long time to travel but they come down at a perfect angle.

The Bishop is overshadowed as hell by the 304, which has the same gun with the same arc and range a tier higher, yet is the best arty in the game (even after the nerfs). The 304 is just significantly faster and smaller.

e: What I'm saying is get used to it. It's significantly shorter range than other arty but it's worth it. Hide behind a hill or building closer to the front lines; you should be within draw distance but outside of max spotting range. Coincidentally firing at max range gets you the best arc for hitting engine decks. Just slam everyone who thinks they're in arty cover. You have the arc/elevation to get shots that no other arty can make.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 12, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

This leaves me with more questions than answers.... :stare:

Desuwa posted:

The Bishop is great. The lack of range is actually caused by having a lot of elevation. Your shells take a long time to travel but they come down at a perfect angle.

The Bishop is overshadowed as hell by the 304, which has the same gun with the same arc and range a tier higher, yet is the best arty in the game (even after the nerfs). The 304 is just significantly faster and smaller.

e: What I'm saying is get used to it. It's significantly shorter range than other arty but it's worth it. Hide behind a hill or building closer to the front lines; you should be within draw distance but outside of max spotting range. Coincidentally firing at max range gets you the best arc for hitting engine decks. Just slam everyone who thinks they're in arty cover. You have the arc/elevation to get shots that no other arty can make.

Son, you just got e;fb by almost 20 minutes. :smug:

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Atomizer posted:

What exactly is PZMOE?

It's a 4chan clan from the /jp/ board. There's not anything really special about it, apart from the fact that it was founded very early in the game's lifecycle by people who had an interest in both Japanese/otaku culture and tanks.

If PANSY is the casual goon clan, then I guess you could say PZMOE is the casual 4chan clan, though apart from a passing mention every once in a while, people probably just forgot PZMOE exists entirely at this point, which is good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

OSad posted:

It's a 4chan clan from the /jp/ board. There's not anything really special about it, apart from the fact that it was founded very early in the game's lifecycle by people who had an interest in both Japanese/otaku culture and tanks.

If PANSY is the casual goon clan, then I guess you could say PZMOE is the casual 4chan clan, though apart from a passing mention every once in a while, people probably just forgot PZMOE exists entirely at this point, which is good.

REL_3 didn't.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How good is the WZ-111? By the time the missions are over I'll probably have 3 of them completed. Is the tank worth buying tokens for the other 4?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd say it's worth $40. Its got a good gun and mobility in exchange for having a lower-front that's made out of ammo crates and gas cans.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

not correct. the 111 has no frontal gas tank to my knowledge and seems in general to not catch fire. i have catched fire exactly once in the 111, and i've played 90 or so games in it. it is a really loving good tank

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Atal Vataman posted:

not correct. the 111 has no frontal gas tank to my knowledge and seems in general to not catch fire. i have catched fire exactly once in the 111, and i've played 90 or so games in it. it is a really loving good tank

My point is, everything below the pike is weak and libel to do serious damage including but not limited to getting racked.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Atomizer posted:

Wait, I knew they were de-tiering the Scorpion, but where did you hear that they're also taking away that original gun? The last thing I read, from everyone's favorite idiot, suggested that it was keeping the gun: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/21/straight-outta-supertest-m56-scorpion-to-tier-7/

I didn't say they were taking away the original gun - the point I was making is that I think in lieu of making more 'fixed MM' tanks, that they'll try their best to just 'de-tier' premium tanks so they'll have a friendlier natural MM spread.

Also, I don't think the T-54 Proto is going to be a "Russian Type 59." From what I've heard from supertester leaks, expect something closer to a "Russian Super Pershing."

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Atomizer posted:

Son, you just got e;fb by almost 20 minutes. :smug:

Yeah but I didn't hide it in a massive effortpost. :smugdog:

Also posting at work and whatever.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I didn't say they were taking away the original gun - the point I was making is that I think in lieu of making more 'fixed MM' tanks, that they'll try their best to just 'de-tier' premium tanks so they'll have a friendlier natural MM spread.

Also, I don't think the T-54 Proto is going to be a "Russian Type 59." From what I've heard from supertester leaks, expect something closer to a "Russian Super Pershing."

depends how the armor layout of the turret is, t-54 hull armor layout on a t8 pref can't be a good thing (a great thing if you're driving one making GBS threads on pubbies).

RandomPauI posted:

My point is, everything below the pike is weak and libel to do serious damage including but not limited to getting racked.

i don't think there is an ammo rack hitbox in the lfp, there definitely is one behind the pike though.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I've been trying to find a key to the XVM stats shown in game and I can't. So what do the magic numbers mean? I'm gathering by my red text that I suck.

Also, are there chatlogs for raging pubbies or does one just have to screenshot it? I told some raging pub that nerd rage causes cancer and he lost it even more.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you want to get more precise about it sure, a good shot can penetrate the weakly armored portions below the pike causing a painful ammo rack. My point that getting shot there is good enough to kill your tank still isn't changed any.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Red does suck, and the stats are configurable on the website. The default is # of games played (in thousands), WN8 rank in tank, WN8 rank global, global win rate.

Don't worry about sucking, you only have a thousand battles, you barely learned what button goes forward. Don't worry about it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I kinda had an amazing game in the T-54. Highlights include clanmates stealing a rad walt from me, shenanigans against two arty and not taking damage somehow.

Replay of the sillyness: http://wotreplays.com/site/1523192#winterberg-mesadoram-t-54

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I've found that calling a sub-50%er something is easy. It's when you call the 49-51%ers 'coinflippers' that you start to get some fireworks, because they're just on the *cusp* of being able to call themselves above average.

"At least I'm not a coinflipper who counts on others to win for him" works rather well. Just stick with 'coinflipper' throughout - no need to get fancy.

(apologies in advance to any dirty, worthless coinflippers in here :v: )

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 13, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Win rate is luck donchaknow, we're all coinflippers.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Win rate is luck donchaknow, we're all coinflippers.

My coins are all weighted. Unfortunately, the weight is all my worthless teammates, and these coins are so heavy that I don't even want to flip them. In fact I'm waiting for the individual missions or the winter funtimes mode, whichever comes first.

If anyone wants my coins you can have them. Don't be surprised when they teamkill you just to prevent you from winning.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

If only the show had like, normal people in it instead of schoolgirls of a dubious age, I would watch the gently caress out of it. Like, it could even still be anime, just loving please stop with the creepy sexualisation of children for gently caress's sake Japan

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does experience from elite tanks do anything if you don't convert it?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nope. It just sits there looking pretty.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

I have seen the expression "CHAI sniping" mentioned around here, anyone that can elaborate what it is?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

I have seen the expression "CHAI sniping" mentioned around here, anyone that can elaborate what it is?

Do you want to win? Probably. If you don't care about winning, you can sit on the red-line and snipe. You'll get above average damage-per-match, and will lose a lot of games simply due to the enemy team not running into your gun one at a time. Also it's not fun and should be shamed when identified.

e: I should note that CHAI members frequently do this kind of shitheaded damage farming, earning that particular moniker.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Snakes in a can posted:

depends how the armor layout of the turret is, t-54 hull armor layout on a t8 pref can't be a good thing (a great thing if you're driving one making GBS threads on pubbies).

Pref MM is not gonna happen (again) if it has any kind of 100mm gun.
It would have to be Spershing levels of slow with 20°/s track and turret traverse, and have a historic 480hp engine for that to be even thinkable.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 13, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

How good is the WZ-111? By the time the missions are over I'll probably have 3 of them completed. Is the tank worth buying tokens for the other 4?

Great armor, good mobility, average gun. Easily worth $40, get it while you can.

Desuwa posted:

Yeah but I didn't hide it in a massive effortpost. :smugdog:

Also posting at work and whatever.

"Hide?" "Effort?" :psyboom:

And you were at work?!? How irresponsible! Connect me to your supervisor, mister, you're going to be in soo much trouble! :colbert:

MoraleHazard posted:

I've been trying to find a key to the XVM stats shown in game and I can't. So what do the magic numbers mean? I'm gathering by my red text that I suck.

Also, are there chatlogs for raging pubbies or does one just have to screenshot it? I told some raging pub that nerd rage causes cancer and he lost it even more.

Reading XVM is quite simple with a little practice. In this case, that screenshot tells me that literally everyone on your team needs to uninstall, kill their families to protect the rest of our population's gene pool, and then kill themselves. Sorry to break it to you that way. :smith:

It's basically what Ensign said: total games played rounded to the nearest 1k, WN8*, winrate. The values are color coded based on the scale chosen for that particular XVM config, but generally they go red-orange-yellow-green-blue-purple from bad to great. *There's a full WN8 value, typically a 3-or-4-digit number, but occasionally two or even one digit, which usually indicates a bot; then there's a 2-digit short form, which may or may not be percentile. Interested in improving your stats? For best results, I recommend getting gud.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Reading XVM is quite simple with a little practice. In this case, that screenshot tells me that literally everyone on your team needs to uninstall, kill their families to protect the rest of our population's gene pool, and then kill themselves. Sorry to break it to you that way. :smith:

They're all newbies. They're allowed to be trash. The guy with 7k games is pushing it a little though.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What does it mean for a tech tree to be forgiving, unforgiving, or "hardest"?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Baron Porkface posted:

What does it mean for a tech tree to be forgiving, unforgiving, or "hardest"?

Whether or not is has any good tanks in it worth the XP to get to them.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Baron Porkface posted:

Does experience from elite tanks do anything if you don't convert it?

Just in case you don't know, if you don't plan to convert XP you may as well check the Extra crew training box to plough earned XP into your crew skills instead of stacking up on the tank forever.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

Just in case you don't know, if you don't plan to convert XP you may as well check the Extra crew training box to plough earned XP into your crew skills instead of stacking up on the tank forever.

So i can use an elite tank as a "school' and rotate them out when I get 100%?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
You could, I suppose, but that is going to rack up retraining costs - unless you mean using a premium tank that any crews of the same nation/class can drive without retraining. More generally it's for tanks you plan to keep past eliting them so you get sweet crewskills faster.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 13, 2015

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

So i can use an elite tank as a "school' and rotate them out when I get 100%?

It's best to do this on a premium tank, but any* tank will work if it's elite, yeah.

* By this I mean good tanks. T29, E-75, AMX 13-90, T-54, things like that. Tanks that are enjoyable to drive.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
this is a remarkably red team. even for tier 5. still, dont worry about you being in the red before you have at least 1-2k more games.

all you need to know at this point is that you should expect to be completely outplayed by purples, blues and most likely greens (green is still in the 1600-2000 wn8 range right?). At this point the same most likely goes for everyone with more than 50% WR. These colours/percentages indicate that people have a fairly good idea of what they're doing. might be an idea to spectate green+ dudes on your team after you die to see how they play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

rossmum posted:

If only the show had like, normal people in it instead of schoolgirls of a dubious age, I would watch the gently caress out of it. Like, it could even still be anime, just loving please stop with the creepy sexualisation of children for gently caress's sake Japan

Thankfully, and oddly, given the name, GuP is almost entirely devoid of fanservice. Those four screencaps are basically the entirety of the sexualization/fanservice in GuP.

Except for the first couple of OVAs anyway, they're utter trash and like half of them are just swimsuit episodes. Dropped the OVAs and almost missed out on the amazing Italian OVA.

Where the gently caress are my Italian tanks WG? :italy:

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 13, 2015