Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Xenoblade isnt going to be a Gamestop exlusive again is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chucktesla posted:

Xenoblade isnt going to be a Gamestop exlusive again is it

itll be on the eshop no matter what

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I hope it's true, and that Majoras Mask comes out very soon after.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm hyped for this.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm too attached to my golden triangle 3DS XL to consider this

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

so will I be able to play xenoblade on an old one? you'd think they'd already have learned there lesson about naming their consoles almost the exact same thing.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Xaris posted:

so whats good on the 3ds? been enjoying my wiiu, maybe the 3ds would be good while commuting on the train. weirdly enough, ive never seen anyone use one on it, mostly kindles and candy crushers on iphone and poo poo.

zelda link between worlds, smt iv, etrian odyssey series, rune factory 4, fire emblem, bravely default + assorted usual mario games + many more

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

there is never a bad time to be a nintendo gamer

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

No Such Thing posted:

so will I be able to play xenoblade on an old one? you'd think they'd already have learned there lesson about naming their consoles almost the exact same thing.

no, it needs the better cpu in the new 3ds apparently

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Such Thing posted:

No you see this is the New 3ds which is different from buying a new 3ds. I mean why would you buy a new 3ds when the New 3ds is coming out. Unless you want to wait for the next Nintendo handheld upgrade to come out in which case you could get a Used New 3ds rather cheap. And if the used New 3ds is cheap just imagine the prices on the Used 3ds.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

this is expansion pac levels of bullshit

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Such Thing posted:

this is expansion pac levels of bullshit

Not true, the expansion pack came with games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also how much blood do I need to sacrifice so that Nintendo will start making handhelds with large wide screens just like every other handheld device?

The 3ds screen is smaller than what was on the Gameboy pocket.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i want to believe

that would be a ton of work for a fake tho

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 13, 2015

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Hory sheet, this is big big news! I knew it was coming, but not this soon. I bought my 3DS on launch day and have many attachments to it however. I will need a good game to come out for the New3DS before upgrading.

So what's the scuttlebutt on this thing's price point anyway?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to play MH4U on February 13th on my black New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I could easily buy this right now, but I don't want to.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i want to believe

that would be a ton of work for a fake tho

Wait that little white thing above the face buttons is the second analog stick? that looks useless as gently caress.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Agnostalgia posted:

Wait that little white thing above the face buttons is the second analog stick? that looks useless as gently caress.

You can get a lot of mileage out of a nub control wise.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Agnostalgia posted:

It's not supposed to be another analog stick so much as a dedicated camera nub.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Agnostalgia posted:

Remember the little orange nub in the middle of old laptop keyboards? Looks like an orange pencil eraser? People with no mouse used it to control the cursor? Didn't work for poo poo as I recall?

It's basically that but hopefully innovated to some point of actual functionality

I think it'll help with controls, but I already have the 3DS Circle Pad Pro, which has a second circle pad that's identical to the original instead of being a lil nub.

Price on this thing anybody?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Price for the N3DS is rumored to be the same as a new 3DS. Same goes for the XLs.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ancient Aroma posted:

Remember the little orange nub in the middle of old laptop keyboards? Looks like an orange pencil eraser? People with no mouse used it to control the cursor? Didn't work for poo poo as I recall?

It's basically that but hopefully innovated to some point of actual functionality

lol i used to play FPS games on one of those for a while. its no mouse, but they work okay if you just get used to them.

and its perfectly fine for anything that isnt an fps unless the one on your keyboard is a piece of garbage. there's a surprising amount of room for making precise movements with them.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

lesbian baphomet posted:

lol i used to play FPS games on one of those for a while. its no mouse, but they work okay if you just get used to them.

and its perfectly fine for anything that isnt an fps unless the one on your keyboard is a piece of garbage. there's a surprising amount of room for making precise movements with them.

I love that av sir or madam

Playing Q right now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chucktesla posted:

Price for the N3DS is rumored to be the same as a new 3DS. Same goes for the XLs.

It's 280 for a new 3ds xl here, which is probably closish to the price of an old xl.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's 280 for a new 3ds xl here, which is probably closish to the price of an old xl.

280 of what? an old XL used is like $150-200, and thats if you just go to gamestop instead of trying to actually find a deal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

280 of what? an old XL used is like $150-200, and thats if you just go to gamestop instead of trying to actually find a deal

280 new zealand dollars brand new from the lovely retail store for suckers.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

oh wait you're uh, australian or new zealish or something, arent you knuc? nevermind, i dont know how your money works over there

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

CURRENCY CALCULATOR
New Zealand Dollar to US Dollar
280.00 NZD =
216.715129 USD

poo poo man that's actually a decent price for retail

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

oh wait you're uh, australian or new zealish or something, arent you knuc? nevermind, i dont know how your money works over there

I'm telling you that the price is close to the price of an old 3ds xl, so you can figure out how they might price it wherever you're from, which is what that other guy was speculating.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It's not supposed to be another analog stick so much as a dedicated camera nub.

yeah, basically. and it's a shitload better than some stupid thing they put in the touch screen like with mh3u

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm telling you that the price is close to the price of an old 3ds xl, so you can figure out how they might price it wherever you're from, which is what that other guy was speculating.

Yeah, that was me. Thanks for delivering on that price.

I owe you one Knuc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Weird Foreign Guy: Woy, this chuppa cost 380BL.

Everyone Else: dafuq is that in earth dollers >.<;;

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the direct is at 9am est tomorrow gently caress me. welp im just gonna get up early for video game announcements

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Normal guy with a wife and a good computing job: Ok glass chazzwozzers to USD.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Some are speculating on Majora's Mask 3D coming out next month too

But until the Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning I guess we'll just be speculating as well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've settled on the standard New 3DS over the XL.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Gonna get the standard N3DS, give my XL to my bae and give her 2DS to the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm getting an American one of these because I hate the pricey estore.

• Locked thread