Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The HG kit actually comes with both the upgraded and original guns. It's also very floppy if you don't position the limbs juuuust right, because it has no polycaps. The transformation gimmick's nice and simple though.

See, everyone says this, but I've now put two Enacts together and they're stiff as hell (FYI, I recommend Ali's machine - it's got less stickers and holds its weapon better than the Enact Test Type). I would assume that Flags, given their similar designs, would work pretty much the same way.

And the Custom comes with the upgraded gun as well? Sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
What Enact model did Mantis president use to battle Fumina and Sekai at the start of BF Try?

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Ka0 posted:

What Enact model did Mantis president use to battle Fumina and Sekai at the start of BF Try?

Ali's custom one. I don't know if there's a real difference between loadouts of the model though (he has a normal Custom and of course the Agrissa compatible one).

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 13, 2015

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ka0 posted:

Those god hand nippers are 100 bucks on ebay lol.

use figinstock to watch this link http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

easy retail pricing

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Fauxtool posted:

Yodobashi camera has them behind the counter and in stock online meaning in stock in store.

Well back I go then!

E : they did not have any and I was greatly saddened

Vahtooch fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 13, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
MG DX is up for preorder on HLJ, buy buy buy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yosuke posted:

Ali's custom one. I don't know if there's a real difference between loadouts of the model though (he has a normal Custom and of course the Agrissa compatible one).

Ali's Enact has a different head design, redesigned pelvic armour, that neat gun/sword with the slide-out bayonet, and a holster for its sonic blade. The Agrissa version is just a recolour. For the record, while you will have to repaint it, the Test Type has the standard non-officer head as well (two horns, not three), so you can build it as a regular mook as well as Patrick's souped-up version.

Got the Dynames in the mail today, and it doesn't have the pistols or beam sabers, meaning it's GN Sniper Rifle or nothing. Bah. On the other hand, it can do the eye thing. Not sure why you guys said it couldn't.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 13, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OK, MG Turn X owns except from it's floppy right arm. I guess it was inevitable due to the extra weight of that big claw.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

OK, MG Turn X owns except from it's floppy right arm. I guess it was inevitable due to the extra weight of that big claw.

The arm is fine if you don't use the effects parts if I remember correctly..

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

Ka0 posted:

Those god hand nippers are 100 bucks on ebay lol.

My Godhand "you'll get em when we have em" order from HLJ has been a patient wait since june. Still going strong!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Which should be built first, the elephant* or the egg**?

* Juaggu
** Zock

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Alrighty, pretty much want to get into airbrushing can someone look this over to make sure its all compatible?

mask
Spray booth
Master Compressor with a tank
Iwata airbrush
Iwata replacement needle
Cleaning thing
Quick disconnect doodad
Hose

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A P95 rated respirator cartridge will filter 95% of airborne particles bigger than some size (1 micron I think) and is oil-proof (will not degrade when exposed to petroleum vapors). I suggest you get a P100 + organic vapor cartridge for that mask (3M part 60921) which as a bonus will also filter out farts.

When you put the mask on check that you have a good fit by covering the intakes with your hands and breathing in (you shouldn't feel any air coming in through the seal around your mouth) and then cover the exhaust and breathe out gently (again, no air should escape the seal around your mouth and nose). I have a big nose and sometimes have to fuss with masks to get them to seal on exhaust.

EDIT: looking closer at the description, that says it has organic vapor cartridges and a separate particle filter that straps on over them. You are probably OK out of the box with that mask but you can get 1-piece replacement cartridges that do both.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 14, 2015

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Tenzarin posted:

I love iwata

Add replacement O rings and replacement needle springs to that list.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Add replacement O rings and replacement needle springs to that list.

It can be tough determining when those kind of replacements are truly needed, so you should always ask a close friend or loved one to regularly check your O-ring for excessive wear and tear. Hey guys wanna come over and check my O-ring?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
After two nights of building:

The airbrush job turned out real crap, especially the red. Hurrying with an airbrush in bad lighting is not recommended. I'm thinking of redoing it all by brush once assembled. Other than that, I'm surprised by how damned big the kit is, I imagined it to be a lot smaller. I also didn't believe that the snap fit would be this good, I haven't used any glue at all. The transformation mechanism is intriguing, but I'm not sure it will be that good an idea to use it too much.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Midjack posted:

A P95 rated respirator cartridge will filter 95% of airborne particles bigger than some size (1 micron I think) and is oil-proof (will not degrade when exposed to petroleum vapors). I suggest you get a P100 + organic vapor cartridge for that mask (3M part 60921) which as a bonus will also filter out farts.

When you put the mask on check that you have a good fit by covering the intakes with your hands and breathing in (you shouldn't feel any air coming in through the seal around your mouth) and then cover the exhaust and breathe out gently (again, no air should escape the seal around your mouth and nose). I have a big nose and sometimes have to fuss with masks to get them to seal on exhaust.

EDIT: looking closer at the description, that says it has organic vapor cartridges and a separate particle filter that straps on over them. You are probably OK out of the box with that mask but you can get 1-piece replacement cartridges that do both.

As a rebuttal, a P100 isn't required over a P95 unless you're doing poo poo like playing with asbestos. The important part of either mask is the organic vapor cartridge (will be marked OV and have a black band) which both have and filters out the solvents used in the paint. Either will work fine and it comes to personal preference on one-piece vs two-piece filters. I prefer the two-piece (like the linked mask) because if I decide to use the same mask while cutting wood or something, I only need to replace the incredibly cheep particulate filter that is now clogged with sawdust instead of both the particulate and the more expensive OV filter.

TL;DR - either filter is fine, get whatever you want.

Edit: Deja vu, the two of us had this same discussion almost a year ago.

Cat Hatter fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 14, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A friend of mine has bought me HG Crossbone X1 since it's my birthday on Friday :dance:

God-drat love me some Crossbone.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SD suits that were announced but not revealed some time ago are probably BFTs triplets suits.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

SD suits that were announced but not revealed some time ago are probably BFTs triplets suits.

If you mean the three kits announced for March, unless it's a triple-changer like the Ez-SR kit I'd put more money on it being Lady's SD Gundam. Just because it and the Transient Gundam have shown up first, and the Transient's spear is big enough to theoretically be the Build Custom kit alongside it.

That said, I'm also hoping the team with the Zaku's gets a set of kits. They're nice-looking customs :allears:.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

lilljonas posted:

I also didn't believe that the snap fit would be this good, I haven't used any glue at all.

That's kind of the primary design goal of these kits. Anything newer than twenty years old shouldn't need glue.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

The Muffinlord posted:

That's kind of the primary design goal of these kits. Anything newer than twenty years old shouldn't need glue.

Yeah, it's sturdy as gently caress. I was nervous when some fits required me to push two plastic parts against each other with full force, but nothing has snapped yet. I'm probably going to give the kid to my 6-yo nephew when I'm done, and I think he'll have to work on it if he's to break it immediately.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you mean the three kits announced for March, unless it's a triple-changer like the Ez-SR kit I'd put more money on it being Lady's SD Gundam. Just because it and the Transient Gundam have shown up first, and the Transient's spear is big enough to theoretically be the Build Custom kit alongside it.

That said, I'm also hoping the team with the Zaku's gets a set of kits. They're nice-looking customs :allears:.

Lady's SD already had a release though?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10204466

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Lady's SD already had a release though?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10204466

Ah, thought it was a custom. Yeah, it's definitely a triple-changer set of their SD's then.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

lilljonas posted:

Yeah, it's sturdy as gently caress. I was nervous when some fits required me to push two plastic parts against each other with full force, but nothing has snapped yet. I'm probably going to give the kid to my 6-yo nephew when I'm done, and I think he'll have to work on it if he's to break it immediately.

Okay, they don't need glue, but they ARE fragile. They're not action figures, they're model kits, and they do have brittle parts.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

Alrighty, pretty much want to get into airbrushing can someone look this over to make sure its all compatible?

mask
Spray booth
Master Compressor with a tank
Iwata airbrush
Iwata replacement needle
Cleaning thing
Quick disconnect doodad
Hose

you probably dont need a replacement needle, they dont go bad that often unless you are doing something wrong.
Get some ragdab oil and a bunch of disposable droppers.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Except only one of them was an SD kit, the other was a parts set and the third one was a regular HGBF. It's the Gunpla Academy set obviously.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It could be one SD kit that makes all three suits, like the EZ-8 they just put out.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Swagger Dagger posted:

It could be one SD kit that makes all three suits, like the EZ-8 they just put out.

It's the dragonar units god drat it not a lovely EZ-8!!!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Not sure if this is the right thread, but drat, I really want this 1/4000 SDF-1 Macross Fortress Warship.

E: fixed image

Kibner fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 14, 2015

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Everytime I see one of those gorgeous gargantuan kits a gland in my brain releases a chemical that makes me wonder "yes you built it, it's wonderful, and now it's going to sit there collecting dust until you move from home".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ka0 posted:

Everytime I see one of those gorgeous gargantuan kits a gland in my brain releases a chemical that makes me wonder "yes you built it, it's wonderful, and now it's going to sit there collecting dust until you move from home".

It comes out to about 30cm long if my math's right, so that's not too bad.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ka0 posted:

doesn't every model kit invariably end up sitting there and collecting dust?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Touche.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Monaghan posted:

doesn't every model kit invariably end up sitting there and collecting dust?

Some have the potential to move. That's all they need, really.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'd end up a little disappointed at any SDF-1 kit that didn't transform.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Warmachine posted:

This is why you should flood your display case with plavsky particles.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Warmachine posted:

GunPla alone possesses a god the power to transcend the now, the inner god called "possibility"

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Fauxtool posted:

you probably dont need a replacement needle, they dont go bad that often unless you are doing something wrong.
Get some ragdab oil and a bunch of disposable droppers.

Yeah it's real difficult to mess up a needle to the point you need a replacement. I bent the end of mine and rubbed it on some cardboard or whatever and it fixed it. I ordered 2 replacement needles for the future and they both came with the rubber protector having fallen off. The end of one was so bent I could hang it off my fingernail. I did the thing and fixed it though hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Suzaku posted:

This is why you should flood your display case with plavsky particles.
If only. :smith: