Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Spider-Man sure is lucky that everyone else in his universe is as rock stupid as he is.

"Mary Jane Parker seems like she knows Spider-Man personally, and he's always rescuing her as if he has a personal interest in her? Hmmm...she must be cheating on her husband with him!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Prince Valiant

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (January 14, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (February 17, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Neige posted:

Trey Tracy?
Trey, middle initial C, Tracy?
It's dumb, but probably no worse than calling someone "Junior" their entire life.

How many times has this happened now? Get your prescription updated! :argh:

Darthemed posted:

Phantom's costume was originally just gray?
Yep. It changed when the comics started getting printed in colour because the grey one looked terrible, but there was no consensus on what colour it should be, so purple was just one variation, and the text continued to refer to it as grey for some time. In some countries his costume is still red or blue.

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth
How are Sally and Ted still employed?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Thuggee no longer sounds like a real word to me.

Thuggee. Thuggee. Thuggee.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's one of those words you could go your whole lifetime without hearing that is not completely unknown in print media. I am zero percent confident about pronouncing it.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

Pat's hair always kind of bugs me. I know they're curls, but half the time I just see a writhing mass of tentacles sprouting from his head.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Ahh, Fair Maiden, I have cross oceans of time to be with you here today.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

And just like that, no more goofy tube in Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Gawain and the Real Girl

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Is it me or does June seem to be visibly afraid of the black woman?

Edit: Oh wow Ninja Kitty came out!

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 13, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mommy knows pajamas are perfectly fine snow attire.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Militant sports team affiliations are the worst. I'm an Ohio resident, and I really can't give two fucks about OSU. I mean, good luck guys, but I won't be committing suicide if you lose. I know people that absolutely refuse to even ride as a passenger in a Chevrolet because of NASCAR. Why?

The teams weren't changed in the translation, so it's even weirder in norway, where people are super fans of english soccer teams for really arbitrary reasons.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

True, I guess.

Non Sequitur

Heavenly Nostrils which, is now officially Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

NINJA KITTY! :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 1/13/2004

Brilliant idea. Thanks for that, Brooke.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Good job folks. You burnt the place down.

A pillow?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac It's a Dillventure!

Poptropica

Heathcliff

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set doesn't get hand signals.

Working Daze reminds you of a character's defining trait.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Good job folks. You burnt the place down.

So did they bunker down for the night or is it daytime?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God this used to drive me nuts. Still does, really. Is it too much to loving ask that people throw out their own garbage?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (November 15, 1927)

Peanuts (January 16, 1968)

This week: Lucy goes in for a ménage ŕ crab.

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Reminder this stuff came from the 80s: Memory TAPES, y'all.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 9-10, 1926)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Evil Mastermind posted:

God this used to drive me nuts. Still does, really. Is it too much to loving ask that people throw out their own garbage?
Some stores seem to think having a trash can visible is a bad idea for some reason. Granted in a mall I'll wait until I leave the store and find a trash can there, but in a big department store they hide them, usually behind the counter in the assorted departments where there may or may not be employees who may or may not be busy helping customers, or in out-of-the-way corners where they also hide the restrooms.

EasyEW posted:

Popeye

Reminder this stuff came from the 80s: Memory TAPES, y'all.
I had no idea Popeye was in "reruns" like that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I don't know what I'm more impressed by: the fact that we're supposed to believe Fritzi would refer to him by the stage name he hasn't used since 1982, or the fact that Gilchrist isn't sufficiently bitter to insist on Johnny Cougar.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Let's get Loud Comix!

Pooch Café

When did Old Dog (Gus? I want to say Gus) get a netflix subscription?

Ballard Street

This is accidentally a political joke in other countries.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Jon Cougar Concentration Camp - Not That Easy: http://youtu.be/QWIsNzESVro

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wanamingo posted:

And these "clips" come with the bullets already installed? Hmm, interesting! Good work, Inspector!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Wanamingo posted:

You totes can leave a thumb print (if it's smudged then how can you tell it's the thumb, anyway?) on a cartridge while loading a clip, just like you can load a revolver without pushing the cartridge in without leaving a (thumb) print! This reminds me of Mad's Columbo parody ending.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I love that the Inspector Danger 'proofs' usually work equally well if you reversed it. "The second suspect is the killer. He put a blurry thumbprint on the cartridge left at the murder scene to make it look like it came from a revolver, but revolver bullets aren't ejected. It must have come from an automatic."

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Dang, that's a fine Columbo

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

Wanamingo posted:

okay, this one is just plain wrong. wrong wrong wrong. i knew what he was going for from the start, but in order to get the round into the magazine (of an automatic), it's necessary to press it in at a sort of down and forward angle from behind the magazine, so that you end up pushing the round in with your thumb from behind. It would be much easier to load a revolver without touching the back of the round with your thumb, as the rounds just drop in. in fact, i'm pretty sure that when loading a revolver my thumb only contacts the back rim, and not the back surface of the round.
And, while i'm at it, has anyone ever noticed that inspector danger looks like a drunk/stoned mr. wilson?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bobulus posted:

I love that the Inspector Danger 'proofs' usually work equally well if you reversed it. "The second suspect is the killer. He put a blurry thumbprint on the cartridge left at the murder scene to make it look like it came from a revolver, but revolver bullets aren't ejected. It must have come from an automatic."
Inspector Danger reuses art and setups so much that I'm positive we'll get one where that is the solution within the year.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Get bent.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County prepares for the end.

Calvin And Hobbes

I love how crisply that policeman is drawn.

:goon:

Ripley's

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 14, 2015

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Arelon posted:

Fingerpori

Those Moomin get around

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RandomFerret posted:

Let's get Loud Comix!

Pooch Café

I hope the Old Dog gives another awesome tale like the cat creation tale that he told Poncho and others.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

It's one of those words you could go your whole lifetime without hearing that is not completely unknown in print media. I am zero percent confident about pronouncing it.

Go rewatch Temple of Doom for confirmation. The Thuggees were the dudes all ripping out hearts and whipping kids and eating monkey brains and stuff.

ZeeToo posted:

Pearls Before Swine

Looks like Pastis woke up one morning and said to himself, "You know what I don't get enough of? Angry letters."

Don't worry, Grandma. Lynn's Ellie's kids have a lot of experience with being in the snow.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Arelon posted:

Fingerpori

Finland, you're the drat greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou has a messed up scan today

Mandrake the Magician