Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

LoonShia posted:

What about gunning your cock?

Looks like a hen to me. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Jamesman posted:

Hey man, this is a thread for funny pictures, not pictures that make you sad, confused and angry with the world

I'm also upset, but only because they seem to be making more Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo was always awful, nobody needs more of that garbage.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
oh no not the bastion of quality that was scooby loving doo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Huntersoninski posted:

Scooby Doo was always awful, nobody needs more of that garbage.

There's been 12 different Scooby Doo series and a bunch of films. Apart from a 10 year break over the 90s (when Hanna Barbera was bought out by Turner Broadcasting and had them producing stuff like the animated Dumb and Dumber and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures instead) and a few years skipped here and there it's pretty much been in constant production since 1969.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Yeah, and it's all been really awful. Put the dog down already.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

As an animator and Hanna-barbera enthusiast I feel it is my duty to inform people that Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was actually a pretty legit movie.

Everything else was crap.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

Shopped

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Every loving day. Every single loving day.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ignite Memories posted:

As an animator and Hanna-barbera enthusiast I feel it is my duty to inform people that Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was actually a pretty legit movie.

Word. I watched that and was like "WTF, who decided to make this their portfolio piece?"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Acne Rain posted:

oh no not the bastion of quality that was scooby loving doo

Nobody is concerned about the sanctity of Scooby Doo, silly.

Also;

Ignite Memories posted:

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was actually a pretty legit movie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ignite Memories posted:

Everything else was crap.

Everything Hanna-Barbera did after leaving MGM is trash garbage.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

It's been a really really long time, but I remember there used to be an entire website devoted to pictures like this. :wtc:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kimmalah posted:

It's been a really really long time, but I remember there used to be an entire website devoted to pictures like this. :wtc:

Pretty sure it was a website where you could buy your own corpses and the photos were their catalogue.

I never worked out who would want to buy one.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Necrophiliacs. Duh.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wade Wilson posted:

Necrophiliacs. Duh.

So they're necro Real Dolls?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Still pretty horrifying and no less funny.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Anora posted:

Is Macfarlane doing this Scooby Doo, those eyes on Daphne are straight out of Family guy?

Also why does Scooby look higher then Shaggy?
One of the producers worked on Family Guy as well as Phineas and Ferb so yes.

It is not however a name you would recognise which does tell you something.

Jamesman posted:

Nobody is concerned about the sanctity of Scooby Doo, silly.
Listen, we all know Scooby Doo was a loving joke for years but then along came Mystery Inc and it was the best loving thing to ever come out of animation in the past five years.

IT IS LITERALLY loving ETERNAL DARKNESS: SCOOBY'S REQUIEM AND IT WAS AWESOME FOR IT LIKE HOLY poo poo

PEOPLE DIED IN IT FOR ONCE, IT WAS loving AMAZING SOMEONE FINALLY MADE A REALLY GOOD SCOOBY DOO CUZ OF poo poo LIKE THIS

And then we have this...thing all like "Be Cool" like no, really no I will not be cool about this, we finished Mystery Inc. it was a high note, I can accept bizarre movies because they're just one-off dumb poo poo but not another series that looks so much worse.

God, gently caress off unless it's Mystery Inc. or Zombie Island or the Loch Ness Monster TV-movie, I am backing the gently caress away.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

FinalGamer posted:

Listen, we all know Scooby Doo was a loving joke for years but then along came Mystery Inc and it was the best loving thing to ever come out of animation in the past five years.

IT IS LITERALLY loving ETERNAL DARKNESS: SCOOBY'S REQUIEM AND IT WAS AWESOME FOR IT LIKE HOLY poo poo

PEOPLE DIED IN IT FOR ONCE, IT WAS loving AMAZING SOMEONE FINALLY MADE A REALLY GOOD SCOOBY DOO CUZ OF poo poo LIKE THIS

And then we have this...thing all like "Be Cool" like no, really no I will not be cool about this, we finished Mystery Inc. it was a high note, I can accept bizarre movies because they're just one-off dumb poo poo but not another series that looks so much worse.

God, gently caress off unless it's Mystery Inc. or Zombie Island or the Loch Ness Monster TV-movie, I am backing the gently caress away.

Haha is this real

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I saw one of the latest iterations of Scooby Doo about a year ago. Fred and Daphne were a couple, but Fred was obsessed with building traps, putting a strain on their relationship. Shaggy and Velma were a thing, too, but they had problems of their own. All in all, I thought it was alright, fairly self-aware.

This was my book report on Scooby Doo, thank you for listening.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

OK, I'm sold on whatever the gently caress this is. This is amazing.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Hail Sanka

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jamesman posted:

OK, I'm sold on whatever the gently caress this is. This is amazing.

I just double checked, and the full show is still on Netflix streaming. The "self aware" part is pretty spot on, but all the lunacy is actually an overarching plot point.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

They loving kill a teenage girl with a machine gun in the last few episodes. It is great and super bonkers.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Groovy Gang episode of the Venture Brothers changed how I perceive Scooby Doo.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

They loving kill a teenage girl with a machine gun in the last few episodes. It is great and super bonkers.
What

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The Groovy Gang episode of the Venture Brothers changed how I perceive Scooby Doo.
What.

The last thing to do with Scooby I ever saw was whichever series tried to sell Scrappy as the hot new cartoon thing to watch and buy merchandise of. It somehow recovered from that abyss of quality.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr4Ek08FEFs

There's also the fact that the characters in this one are based on Son of Sam, Ted Bundy, Patty Hearst, and someone else.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

My perception of Shaggy and Scooby in particular was forever changed by Robert Webb and that other guy who's name escapes me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygat__WT1iA&t=149s

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pierson posted:

The last thing to do with Scooby I ever saw was whichever series tried to sell Scrappy as the hot new cartoon thing to watch and buy merchandise of. It somehow recovered from that abyss of quality.

Mystery Inc has a nod to this bad idea. "We all promised ourselves we'd never speak of him again."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pierson posted:

What

What.

I am from your decade too, but come join us in today, it's pretty sweet

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Pierson posted:

What.

Oh no Scrappy is in this show too.

As a model. In a museum. This is the only thing they say about him.

quote:

Daphne: Wow, I haven’t seen—

Fred: Look away Daphne! We all promised each other that we would never speak of it. Not. Ever.

I'm unironically recommending people to go see it on Netflix or whatev cuz it is the most incredible thing that will ever happen to these meddling kids. Also, yes Shaggy and Velma are a thing and then there's this:

I am not joking, this legitimately loving happens where Shaggy has to choose between his new girlfriend and THE loving DOG for who gets to hang out with him and it is tragically hilarious.

Seriously.

OH right funny pictures um here

FinalGamer has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Jan 13, 2015

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
You have sold me on this, and now I actually am kind of bummed it is being followed up by Family Guy Hipster Scooby Doo.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I watched it with my little sister and actually it's bad and not good.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
...Dad?!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

There's also the fact that the characters in this one are based on Son of Sam, Ted Bundy, Patty Hearst, and someone else.

I saw the Son of Sam thing, but the others never occurred to me. Cool.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eruonen posted:

I watched it with my little sister and actually it's bad and not good.

Someone photoshop the new Scooby-Doo onto the screen so it's more embarrassing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Valerie Solanas, writer of the SCUM Manifesto and would be assassin of Andy Warhol.

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

Valerie Solanas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

similar

• Locked thread