Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009

I went for a poop but I am still standing here, perplexed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

I went for a poop but I am still standing here, perplexed.

It's like the Lotus Elise of shitter seats. "You don't need all that other stuff!"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think it's to stop the people that manage to poo poo on the back of the toilet seat. Those fuckers that don't know where their arseholes are located.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

88h88 posted:

I think it's to stop the people that manage to poo poo on the back of the toilet seat. Those fuckers that don't know where their arseholes are located.

As a former toilet-scrubber it is my most sincere wish that those people drown in their own excrement.

I've seen...things

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's like the Lotus Elise of shitter seats. "You don't need all that other stuff!"

If they replaced the handle with one of those sensors that flushes it when it senses you stood up (or shifted, or didn't shift...), would it then be the Tesla Roadster of shitter seats?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

the spyder posted:

How bad is your power bill? I ditched all my *running* old gear several years back and moved to a single ESXi host. Our power bill dropped $40/month. (Mind you it was like 10 first gen Dual pIII/p4 Xeon when no one cared about energy savings.) It still flames up when I fire up my Cisco lab, but no worse then when I'm using my 250 amp MIG welder. I really should finish my Cisco CCNA.

My power bill is pretty big, but my current running systems are mostly considered 'Company Expenses' as they count towards staying current.

Currently, I'm running:

Dell PowerEdge R905
- 4 x Quad Core AMD Opteron
- 128GB ECC DDR2

Dell PowerEdge R815
- 4 x 12 Core AMD Opteron
- 96GB ECC DDR3
- 16TB iSCSI SAS Array

And a couple other odd ball servers for testing apps and running VMs for friends to virtual off of. The servers mirror our work servers as a ghetto off site backup to supplement our colo, and let me do testing for roll outs without knocking out the main system.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 13, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Terrible Robot posted:

As a former toilet-scrubber it is my most sincere wish that those people drown in their own excrement.

I've seen...things

They bend to tie their shoes while they let their taco bell greaseshit loose.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

They bend to tie their shoes while they let their taco bell greaseshit loose.

Ask me about the time I had to wipe liquefied poo poo off the toilet paper dispenser, which sits at least a foot and a half above the top of the bowl and two feet to the left of the toilet.

HOW

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm bored this afternoon. Its to god drat cold to work outside.

Day drinking it is. I have been up since 2300 yesterday so you know... Cheap drunk.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Terrible Robot posted:

Ask me about the time I had to wipe liquefied poo poo off the toilet paper dispenser, which sits at least a foot and a half above the top of the bowl and two feet to the left of the toilet.

HOW

As a former shitter cleaner, how in the name of the Lord people can poo poo anywhere BUT the bowl is beyond me. It always scared me when walking into a bathroom you can feel the heat of a toilet that has been covered in a river of poo poo. And then the smell.

At that point I'd go look for a hose and a godawful load of bleach.

TBH shitter cleaning is a very good paying job if you can stomach seeing how revolting some humans are when they dont care where they poo poo.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just cussed out some fat welfare queen piece of poo poo in the middle of Walmart. That was pretty fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're renting an RV for my birthday and having a Breaking Bad themed bar crawl.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I made the Holdbrooks-mobile in The Crew since the new DLC pack added an Abarth 500 :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've been banned from using the trainer 88H88 gave me (thanks fella) until I put a slick tyre on it, apparently it sounds like a chainsaw when I run it up.

So now I've got to figure out tyre and tube sizes to put a skinny slick on a mtb 26"wheel. It's a skinny wheel with a 2.6" tyre right now, but it looks like I can get a 1.25" tyre on it safely.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tommychu posted:

Yep. Thread is live. Can't link from my phone but it's the only one on the first page with a request tag.
Spotted it, now to figure out part numbers and what I actually need.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

T1g4h posted:

I made the Holdbrooks-mobile in The Crew since the new DLC pack added an Abarth 500 :v:

All it needs is a black roof and all I need is NAWSSS

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I wish the crew had a demo of some sort. I would love to bomb around in a offroad style mustang but the feel of the physics in games like that can be hit or miss for me.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

My power bill is pretty big, but my current running systems are mostly considered 'Company Expenses' as they count towards staying current.

Currently, I'm running:

Dell PowerEdge R905
- 4 x Quad Core AMD Opteron
- 128GB ECC DDR2

Dell PowerEdge R815
- 4 x 12 Core AMD Opteron
- 96GB ECC DDR3
- 16TB iSCSI SAS Array

And a couple other odd ball servers for testing apps and running VMs for friends to virtual off of. The servers mirror our work servers as a ghetto off site backup to supplement our colo, and let me do testing for roll outs without knocking out the main system.

Ahh. I've got a 2u Dual 6 core X5670, 192GB ECC DDR3, with 12x 512gb SSD's and a 4u (24) 1.5TB 7200rpm SAS array setup in one of our racks at work for that. It's running a combo of vmware/xen/solaris ATM. I actually was planning on removing it this last week, but I don't really have a use for it at home. Plus, work pays for the power/1Gb fiber line.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Cage posted:

I wish the crew had a demo of some sort. I would love to bomb around in a offroad style mustang but the feel of the physics in games like that can be hit or miss for me.

The driving model in this game is really polarizing, I won't lie. I personally love it, it's easy to drift and rally down dirt roads once you get the hang of things. That being said, I know quite a few people absolutely despise it because the cars are somewhat quirky when it comes to cornering. It's... interesting. It takes some getting used to.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

I've been banned from using the trainer 88H88 gave me (thanks fella) until I put a slick tyre on it, apparently it sounds like a chainsaw when I run it up.

So now I've got to figure out tyre and tube sizes to put a skinny slick on a mtb 26"wheel. It's a skinny wheel with a 2.6" tyre right now, but it looks like I can get a 1.25" tyre on it safely.
You can get 1.95" city tyres that may be a good compromise. Or you can get something like the hardpack/street tyres that DMR do in 2.2", something like that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

the spyder posted:

Ahh. I've got a 2u Dual 6 core X5670, 192GB ECC DDR3, with 12x 512gb SSD's and a 4u (24) 1.5TB 7200rpm SAS array setup in one of our racks at work for that. It's running a combo of vmware/xen/solaris ATM. I actually was planning on removing it this last week, but I don't really have a use for it at home. Plus, work pays for the power/1Gb fiber line.

:stare: I wish. Nice setup.

I'm running Xen for Hypervisor and a mix of Linux and Windows server flavors.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Cage posted:

From what I've read, the physics aren't great and also it doesn't play well with steering wheels:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/12/running-with-the-crew-trying-not-to-crash/

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I can't speak for the 'Bone version, but it's not really very buggy on PC from what i've found. 55 hours in, and the only crash / freeze i've had is because of some weird, obscure issue in the Collection screen where if you scroll back and forth too fast it locks the game up. Still haven't figured that one out.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Cakefool posted:

Doesn't really matter, you could put a 23mm tire on there if you want, and just get a tube that is the same size or slightly smaller (I use 19-21mm tubes with 23mm tires for example). Only really wide wheels, like 27-30mm or more would be too wide for really narrow tires. A trainer specific tire is not a bad idea if you are riding on it a lot, but there are like $12 26" slicks on nashbar and amazon etc.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

You can get 1.95" city tyres that may be a good compromise. Or you can get something like the hardpack/street tyres that DMR do in 2.2", something like that.

Looks like my local decathlon has a zaffiro turbo trainer tyre in 26x1.1 for £15, perfect.

E: Thanks, but thinner is quieter if I understand right, and pickup local tomorrow beats delivery later.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 13, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah use the thinnest, slickest tyre you can get hold of and run it at max pressure. Using anything else is madness. Hope it does you well!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

the spyder posted:

Thats a nice sounding bit of kit! I'd love to do an SSD array.

I work in educational IT, and this sort of VM chat makes me assume that I must do most of my work with very minimal amounts of kit!

How big are the systems you are running?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I DON'T NEED A CDL TO DRIVE AN RV???

HELLO BEAUTIFUL

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
You aren't old enough to drive something that big!

ages 67 and up!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

You aren't old enough to drive something that big!

ages 67 and up!!!

BULLHONKY.

I'm gonna buy a few pounds of blue rock candy and the party store sells paper fedoras. I need to find some hazmat suits

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Love it when a simple job takes way longer than it should then it ends up not working. Decided I would toss in the rear sway bar on the E21. Hour and a half later nothing would line up worth poo poo and now I need to re-tap on hole...gently caress. One side lines up pretty good and I can get it bolted on fine, other side has the gas tank against it so the stupid thing won't line up. I was getting few up so I attempted to get it to thread and stripped it. What a pain in the rear end. Not sure if the new poly bushings are slightly over sized and causing me problems or what is going on. Guess I'm doing a hardware store run on the way home tomorrow then give it another shot. Everything else has been going smooth so I should expect this.

Time for some booze and Robin Hood Men in Tights.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

T1g4h posted:

The driving model in this game is really polarizing, I won't lie. I personally love it, it's easy to drift and rally down dirt roads once you get the hang of things. That being said, I know quite a few people absolutely despise it because the cars are somewhat quirky when it comes to cornering. It's... interesting. It takes some getting used to.
I started out playing it with a wheel and absolutely hated it. I could barely get past the first couple missions and it was just extremely unfun. I tried a controller out of frustration and it got a ton easier and more fun. Still a couple bullshit missions in there (why do they put a couple of the hardest missions in the game right near the start?)

I've now got 66 hours in it and have completed the plot and maxed out three classes of cars. I don't know if I will ever play it again but I feel like I got what I paid for.

T1g4h posted:

I can't speak for the 'Bone version, but it's not really very buggy on PC from what i've found. 55 hours in, and the only crash / freeze i've had is because of some weird, obscure issue in the Collection screen where if you scroll back and forth too fast it locks the game up. Still haven't figured that one out.
The collection screen is all kinds of hosed up. Easily the most buggy thing in the whole game by a large margin.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Galler posted:

I started out playing it with a wheel and absolutely hated it. I could barely get past the first couple missions and it was just extremely unfun. I tried a controller out of frustration and it got a ton easier and more fun. Still a couple bullshit missions in there (why do they put a couple of the hardest missions in the game right near the start?)

I've now got 66 hours in it and have completed the plot and maxed out three classes of cars. I don't know if I will ever play it again but I feel like I got what I paid for.

The collection screen is all kinds of hosed up. Easily the most buggy thing in the whole game by a large margin.

I've only played it with a 360 controller, but I've heard it's not super amazing with a wheel. I just really don't get what causes the Collection screen lockup. It's such a strange bug :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Wifey does plumbing.

vegas houses are built incredibly lovely, going as far as having hot/cold reversed, we flipped the cold supply on momentarily to mark which one was actually the cold supply

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey CSB, happen to know the average weight capacity of a CLass A RV? Google gives me towing capacity, I want to know how many drunks I can safely load on board.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Depends on what its built on, but generally a megashitload.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

AI Cross Country Tour!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

30 people qualify?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
the winnebago tribute is rated at 23K GCVWR. that means you could haul you and about 15 of your favorite american friends.

Their diesel pushers run up to 60k GCVWR.

FWIW: my pd4104 was 26k with no one inside. rated for 30k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

the winnebago tribute is rated at 23K GCVWR. that means you could haul you and about 15 of your favorite american friends.

Their diesel pushers run up to 60k GCVWR.

FWIW: my pd4104 was 26k with no one inside. rated for 30k.

Well we're not doing anything long distance, just bar hopping.

• Locked thread